1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC - Landing Pages - Clickbank. My $2,000 Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by PayPerClickbank, Feb 11, 2008.

1. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    GP, i actually don't have copies of my checks. I give it to the bank and thats it, but my next check will be here probably the 3rd of march. It's nothing to write home about but I'll post it up here for ya guys.

Hey GL Siga, Reason why you started out with YSM? I could be mistaken here, but i think adwords might be better to start out with. it's usually the other way around, once you get a hold of Adwords then YSM is much much easier. Get a $50 voucher and start with 5 cent clicks. With so much other variables, the learning curve for Adwords is def a lot harder, but that also keeps the competition on its feet. The traffic alone is 5x greater for me on google than yahoo. Just my 2cents. Your starting out then, did you check out the article marketing stuff on this forum? All your clicks will be free with organic article marketing, so you don't waste to much money, and if you make money then you can fund your PPC risk-free! If you have some capital to work with, then be my guest. DP is your friend.

Thanks Profezor, :). Actually I even had a person PM me, jokingly tell me I was giving away to much valuable information, that took them months to figure out. Hopefully people don't have to waste hundreds or even thousands before they realize that alot of the PPC/landing page tips are right in front of their faces. I know I lost, lets say "a lot", by not sticking to some of the simple rules I posted on this thread.

Monday: Spent 163. Made $426 from clickbank $80 from Physical Product.
    Total Profit: 343.

Phew! what a week, Clickbank has been screwy these last couple of days, as you may have heard.. Thank goodness there are some loyal DPers that are trying out some solutions here at DP, and Im putting in my 2cents to help find a solution to these CB sales stops. Now the reason i put my Physical product sales seperate is to show that I would have made just 263 without it. It really came through, and that was the product i started last week. So one of my goals are completed for last week, but I just don't feel like I'm getting as much done as i could. In retrospect, I did "a ton" of testing this week. I don't have any good tracking software, most of my merchants put my Google tracking code on their so I haven't thought much of it. But now that I'm adding new campaigns almost daily, it's time I look into something new(maybe xtremeconversions).

Unfortunately I didn't try a new conversion script yet, so I had to make seperate campaigns for my top traffic keywords and threw in a new landing page with a unique TID. I know what your thinking, "THAT MUST OF SUCKED". Actually with adwords editor, it wasn't THAT bad, just made one campaign, copied, and then pasted new campaigns. That was basically my weekend, I did go out on to have some fun and even seen Vantage Point(better than I thought). And today my sales finally caught back up alright.

Lessons: Adwords Editor is your friend.

Goals for this week: I have to finish some GeoTargeting testing in my Campaigns. I have some really solid leads today with Aff-Elite, want to check some out and choose maybe 5 new markets; sort that down and end up with 1 or 2 landing pages.

*Unfortunately I currently have the sniffles, plus It's snowing pretty bad here in chicago. I should be able to be more active, and answer/ask some more questions.

Good Mornighting
    PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  2. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmmmm.... blah :D

Game Producer, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  3. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice PPCB. I will give adwords a shot. I have been attempting article marketing for a few months now. Still can't quite get converting the visitor to the sale yet. I will probably focus more on PPC and hopefully not go bankrupt in the process :)

My goal is simple. I just want to get one sale through PPC by the middle of March :) I am going to keep reading your post and reading other DP posts and hopefully I can form a good sytem of my own.

Sig

sigadmin, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  4. the_writer

the_writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there PPCB,

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for posting this thread. The only way to make serious advances is to set goals and work hard to hit them, and that's exactly what you've been doing.

Good luck, and you deserve every success you find.

I'm enjoying the adwords info too - I always get in and out of adwords because it takes up so much of my time, but reading this is making me want to get back involved again.

Nice thread though...

the_writer, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  5. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you gotten your sale yet? You'll get that sale, and it'll be exciting.

Main Things With Adwords: Visit the Adwords Forum, Read up on Quality Score, Look at what other competitors are doing with AD text, turn of content network(for now). don't use broad phrases. Cross test. You probably want to get as much .5-10 clicks as you can, until you get a hang of it you can move up. Look out for a $50-100 voucher to test. Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks a lot writer.
    Yeah, Adwords can be very intimidating. It's going to take sometime like Web developing and research does, but with so many tools, the adwords editor, and information out there its a lot easier. There's even a lot of people who are at a point to outsource all PPC and web design. Like I told Siga, stick with some solid rules, and you'll be less likely to lose money. Side Note: You'll never get it down 100%, theres a lot of variables, but its def worth it.

Saturday morning.

I know, I know, I haven't updated in a while. Clickbank processing system was down, or some other elaborate scheme against the affiliates. But point being, Brother lost some money! How great of a summary would that be tho?: Spent $147 Made $0 Profit -$147
    Lesson: Alcohol doesn't make the pain go away.
    Goal: Make A Positive Profit

Friday Spent $133.18 Made $403.49 Profit 270.31
    Felt good to be back. I went out today, so I wouldn't obsess over my sales. And I'm glad I waited, because I had a pretty good day.

OK, back to this last week. Well last Thursday to yesterday sales were so-so. I messed with everything to try something new. But the threads kept on coming, and it seemed I wasn't the only one. I tried new hoplinks, different landing pages, and I even started a new account. So now I have to check 2 accounts to get my total, Only for this week though.

Now here's a random mystery that needs to be solved, why does my check due date always end up on a weekend or holiday!!!?? Last time it was weekend and presidents day! I just wish It would come on at least the 2nd or 17th just one time!

Now the most important thing, and I think it's time to get going, I only have 2 Months 10 days Left. Ahhh. Its Goal time.
    Goal for this week: Finally finishing Aweber setups. 1.Try 10 New Markets, with 5-10 new landing pages, and 10 new campaigns. Finish my Azoogle application. Update Everyday on this thread.

Time goes by fast! I definitely didn't make the most of these past 20 days. I need to start triple time now. Those 10 new markets I will finish by Monday! I won't make a landing page for each of them, because I want to see if the product can sell on its own first. How do I know If a niche is worth time for a custom landing page? Well First I want to see if I can get enough traffic, to see If a landing page would really make a difference. Then I see if theres a solid merchant that converts, but If I only get 10-30 clicks a day, I'll probably just direct link or IFrame the landing page.

I think that's enough for the day, I don't even have the energy to spell check I have to get 3 markets done tonight, 4 tomorrow, and 3 on Sunday.

Thanks Guys,
    PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  6. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey PPCBank,

Don't want to jack your thread but I got my first sale today!!! This is great!!! I dumped the product I was working before and picked a new one. This time direct linked to it. Took only 4 clicks.

Then my reward was a big google quality score SLAP! Says I should increase my bid to at least .50 and in some cases $5.00. $5, you can't be serious. Anyway, can you think of anyway I can get around raising my bids and still direct link to the vendor page?

Thanks for all your help man! It has really been useful.

Sig

sigadmin, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  7. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats man, 4 clicks is good, not going to be like that consistently though. Glad you took in my advice in the PM i sent you. Getting to the Merchant page ASAP is usually the best way till you get Opt-ins down.

Adwords is tricky Siga, you can get help browsing the adwords forum. You can change the landing page, but your best bet to keep the landing page is raise the CTR. You need to try new ads, if you have anything below .05 you probably will get slapped. The only problem here is that you already got slapped and you will have to raise the bids to test your new ads. Try raising all your bids to meet the minimum, then deleteing them all. then create a new adgroup with the keyword, and try a new ad. For Ad Making tips, look around this forum, also look at what competitors are doing. They must be doing something right to be on the keywords for so long.

ppcb

PayPerClickbank, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  8. want444

want444 Peon

Best Answers:
    just came across this thread..great info..thanks! :)

want444, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  9. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just thought i'd check in, how's it going lately PPCB?

rbf738, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  10. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks want

Hey Rbf, Actually it's been going really good, since my last post I had a mini epiphany with my last post and it's going really good so far. Actually it's been going too good(i'll that explain later), but I think I can reach my goal before the deadline.

Sorry guys, I know Its been a few days since my last post and I apologize. But I didn't forget to document any of my journey, so tonight will be a decent sized entry.

PayPerClickbank, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  11. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah excellent to hear man. Wanted to check in cos I know it's easy to drop off no matter how motivated some people are at the start, not saying you, but other goal threads have gone that way in the past. As I said tho, very good to hear about you and I look forward to reading what you've been up to tonight! I have a chunk of vacation time (of sorts) from work coming up in a week or so, so I'm looking forward to bunkering down and working on my campaigns.

rbf738, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  12. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW Payperclickbank, I was wondering about your landing pages. It sounded to me that earlier you had said that you have maybe a larger review type site with subfolders for all your products and you add new products to test occasionally to that, and if it begins to sell well you create its own domain, no?

Any experience with Name.com btw? I'm debating between godaddy and name.

rbf738, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  13. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, I think I actually said that in another thread, this is a way to save a lot of money. To clear things up for others, Someone asked If you should buy a new domain for every site or niche your market. I proposed that you buy and host a generic site like: AmazingDeals.com, and add a subfolder to it for any new markets you try out; Ex:www.AmazingDeals.com/Fatloss. This way you only go out and buy Fatloss.com(or something available) when your fatloss campaigns starts to bring in some serious traffic(about 100+ clicks a day), and profit. I usually go through 5-15 test-markets before I choose one, so it will save you money.

Personally with domains, I don't worry too much over what registrars i go through. I have everything setup with Godaddy, I use a private domain, and I usually pay around $15 a domain after everything. Your time is probably better of spent researching merchants and building sites than deciding on this. But It will add up over the long run, I guess, check out the domain threads for more information. If you don't have a hosting company already, starting out with Godaddys cheap hosting is a good way to start before you get into the $100-$500 hosting plans. Oh by the way, I was talking about CPC to answer you PM. CTR is more important than Landing page quality score, assuming your landing page isn't horrible. The truth is if you have a bad CTR a good landing page can't save your minimum CPC. But Landing page is important, usually searching "landing page quality score" on google will give you loads of info.

I didn't forget about you guys, I've been very busy, and I actually just got done talking to google, and I FINALLY just got my google invoicing(kinda like a credit line through google). update tonight 4 sure!

Cheers
    PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  14. nino2007

nino2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    s....t and I was bouncing here fast, hoping to see some xxxx incomes here...I love this thread.

nino2007, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  15. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    Then your going to like tonights update, cause I hit another record day Sunday. And thank you, you actually reminded me of the latest check pic I was going to post for here. Hopefully this last check, although pretty decent, will be my smallest check to date. It's the 11th and already this is my biggest check so far. I not 100% sure but I said my goal checks were something like 3k, 5k, 8k, 11k. I hit the 3k mark today and I'm still going. I would like to hit 8k mark by April 16th.

Thanks Nino,

PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  16. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the insite on your journey PPCB,
    Revamping my Google campaign and trying to get the best possible ctr.

seantish, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  17. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing alright lately but that is actually the main reason I havent' been updating frequently. I've been spending more and more and making more but still with a good conversion rate. But the problem is that I'm using my funds for the things that are working and its not leaving me any capital to try new markets.

I Posted a picture of last 5 days of stats with my spending amounts, I know I'm spending a lot, but I feel like I'm running more consistent than I was spending only 100-150 a day. Now I'm spending 200-250 a day and that number is probably on the rise to about $350-$600 to meet my goal.

I got Google Invoicing!, My new market problems are over, but I still have to wait for it to activate. What google invoicing does is give you a statement at the end of the month and you pay that balance. So what it basically does is give you time to get your Clickbank checks in and then pay your bill.

Lesson/Epiphany: Unfortunately i have to say that my "mini" epiphany's wasn't the deepest. It was like a lot of epiphany's, where you find out you overlooked something that was right in front of your face the whole time. If I had to turn it into advice, I would say this.:Exploit or maybe I should say Seize the campaigns that are working for you, then the things that are similar to that, then do it somemore till it's dry, while always trying something new. For example: Traffic: MSNadcenter,YSM, Adwords. Markets: Burn Fat, lose weight, Gain Energy. Get the point? So basically thats what I did, So now I have 2 new main markets.

I'm really tired today, so I'm going to split this up into two posts.

Thursday- Spent $163
    Friday- Spent $189
    Saturday- Spent $216
    Sunday- Spent $296
    Monday- Spent $166
    Tuesday- Spent $73 at the time of the pic 12 o clock

Now what happened? Ok well Thursday and friday were almost normal, except for a couple of new merchants I'm trying here and there. Some of them turned out to be very good some not so. Now saturday was the day I had the realization, and added about 3-5 campaigns and totally reamped 2 old campaigns. Total Work 10 hours+. Saturday everything started to click, and Some of the keywords were showing potential, and finally a new record day and check. Monday was work time, I had to change a lot of ads, keywords, cpc, to get my campaign down to about $250 a day to even out the spending. But sadly by Monday, I had to shut off my new sites to make i through the week. work time 11+hours. Today I took a small brake, and talked to google to finalize my invoicing.

I got to get some sleep now, ill post last check, current check so far, my goals, grammar corrections, (Would you guys be interested in my conversion rates?), and the rest of the stuff tomorrow.

Cheers

PPCB

Attached Files:

PayPerClickbank, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  18. JerryMarketing

JerryMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    hey! do you use position preference?

JerryMarketing, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  19. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also interested in this question...

People who are saying you can't have the same keyword twice in your account are wrong. There's no objection by Google on this matter. You're not double serving ads which would be a problem.

It just makes reporting a bit less clear.

joebloggs, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  20. James Long

James Long Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really hope you get to your goal, to already be earning around 150-$200 a day already is very respectable to most poeople so i wish you the best of luck.

James Long, Mar 12, 2008 IP