1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ezine articles submission EXPERIMENT

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by JoseArmando, Mar 6, 2008.

1. JoseArmando

JoseArmando Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update:

Here are the stats

ezine:
    [​IMG]

clickbank:
    [​IMG]

Zero sales which did not surprise me because so far I've learned that I need at least 200 hops to determine if a product converts.

Obviously there is a big difference in the clickthrough in the 18 articles and the bottom 15.

911 views.... 150 clicks
    and
    821 views..... 66 clicks

For statistical purposes he used the same resource box (which produced 16% clickthrough) in all of 18 articles and I used the same resource box (which produced 8%) in all of mine 15 articles.

So I will resubmit all of my articles and change only the resouce box and notice how does that change the clickthrough.

Tomorrow we will submit another 20-30 articles and use the already written on blogs and use the social bookmarking sites to drive more traffic.

JoseArmando, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  2. manisht07

manisht07 Peon

Best Answers:
    not meaning to hijack this thread.but what are hops?

manisht07, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  3. JoseArmando

Best Answers:
    Hops are clicks on my affiliate links on my blog site to which I send people from ezinearticles.

So basically HOPs are links that clickbank provides me with. After the visitor clicks on this link they get a 60 day cookie. And if they make a purchase in the next 60 days I will get a commission from this publisher .

Hope that helps.

manisht07 likes this.
  4. mamtasaini

mamtasaini Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck, please keep us posted

mamtasaini, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  5. kavin6

kavin6 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice job keep it going
    wish you good fortune

kavin6, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  6. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck on getting your first sale. How many hours have you put into this now? Hope it works out well for you and your brother.

teapoint, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  7. JoseArmando

Best Answers:
    But I've made about 100$ online in the last 2 months so this is not my first sale, however I am not satisfied with one sale a month and this is the reason for why am I doing this experiment.

Aside from that thanks for good wishes mamtasaini, kavin6 and teapoint.

Update: the articles have produced 51 clickbank hops, 0 sales

8. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JoseArmando

Well, if you decided to concentrate on Bum Marketing, you should do some blogging, squidoo as well.

bl4ckmaN^, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  9. JoseArmando

Best Answers:
    bl4ckmaN^ yes I use a mixture of both. Basically my method ATM is to write A LOT articles for ezine and after they get published I put them all on my blog (properly monetize them) and submit them to social bookmarking sites.

At this moment my articles are on average on 4th or 5th place in google for the targeted long tail keyword.

10. louisneill35

louisneill35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You seem to be getting your articles approved quickly enough, are these free or paid submissions at enzine?

louisneill35, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  11. JoseArmando

Best Answers:
    I have a free Platinum account. It is quite normal for platinum users to have their articles approved in about 24 hours.

12. Farmer77

Farmer77 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is very cool you have your brother working with you on affiliate marketing.

Farmer77, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  13. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    I allow direct affiliate links in the resource box at article-gems.com - obviously I don't have the traffic of ezine articles - but I hope it will over time - grow.

I don't know why Ezine articles sees direct affiliate links as a problem? Goarticles doesn't? Can anyone answer this question for me?

I'm trying a bit of article marketing myself at the moment to increase my clickbank income - which are the useful tools you must have - or it is hit and miss anyhow and a matter of luck if your article rates or doesn't?

I've read bum marketing - anyone got any other must reads?

alstar70, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  14. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you allowed to digg, stumble, and apply other social bookmarking services to your articles published at ezinearticles? Plus, can you submit your articles to multiple article sites to gain maximum exposure?

About putting your published articles onto blogs and squidoo, doesn't Google penalize duplicate content?

teapoint, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  15. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, you're allowed to digg, stumble or post your published ezine article to any o the social bookmarking sites. Its a nice way to bring traffic to your article and indirectly to the link(s) in your resource box.

As long as you modify and rewrite those articles, it wouldn't be duplicate content when you republish on squidoo and gang

sar420, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  16. wilhb81

wilhb81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will be consider as success, if you can get nearly or over 10% of CTR via Page views, and you a professional if you can get at least 1% peoples that clicks on to buy your products...

wilhb81, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  17. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    So far I only submitted a few articles, but I don't have a blog yet.
    When I open a blog, should I just copy my articles as-is, with the resource box, directly to the blog, or should I change them to avoid the "duplicate content" penalty (although it's my content).
    Thanks,
    nadavs

nadavs, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  18. JoseArmando

Best Answers:
    Update: making 100% use out of the published articles is showing to be more time consuming then I thought. For the last few days all that I've been doing was putting them on blog, pinging blogs, submitting on social bookmarking sites and getting votes on those sites.
    And I've only managed to properly monetize about half of the articles.
    Indeed there is a lot of work yet to be done.

One thing that I've noticed is that people who use EzinePublisher option have no dignity. 90% of them plainly steal content (without including my links in them). And the funny thing is that some of those sites get better rankings for my keyword then the original ezinearticles url.

But oh well, this is how it is and there is nothing that one can do about it.

Teapoint no, google doesn't penalize duplicate content. For example take a look at this link:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Genuine-Recipes-From-Romania-With-Cheese-And-Cabbage&id=1030104

And in the upper right corner you will see a link called "EzinePublisher". Ezinearticles encourages the duplicate content.

wilhb81 yes I agree with this statement. As a matter of fact, 1% out of all hops is quite a lot for me atm.

You can do that without any concerns as far as I know. I've been doing precisely that and have never been penalized by google.

JoseArmando, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  19. greatness008

greatness008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will be following this thread closely :)

greatness008, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  20. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck man! keep us posted

roy77, Mar 9, 2008 IP