1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get ranked on Google ASAP with a new site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrej, Mar 5, 2008.

I have many ideas for new websites and would like to target some quite competitive keywords. However, I'm really afraid of launching new sites because of my following experience:

All my new sites that I have launched during the last couple of months are in the sandbox now (they are indexed in Google, but not ranked for the main keyword, even if I have built backlinks). :( And I really can't stand waiting so long. One of them is finally out after 4 months (now on the 4th page in Google), but even 4 months is too long time and the worst is that you never now how long the sanbox effect is going to last - I heard it may take even up to one year.

I consider rather buying an older domain that already ranks for the keyword that I'm after (even if on e.g. 20th page, but it's at least out of the sanbox already). However, this seems to be impossible. I have posted on more forums and have also contacted some owners of the domains, but no success...

Anyone knows how to get ranked on Google for a competitive keyword pretty quickly and how to not get a new site sanboxed (or maybe it's a penalty for building links too quickly)?

I'm really desperate about building new sites and I'm starting to hate Google. :mad:

I know, patience is the key to success. But when you don't see where your site ranks (as it's in the sanbox), it's really difficult to work on links building - I'm also afraid of building links too quickly.

andrej, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    cormac likes this.
  2. mertyasar

mertyasar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you should be slow for building links old domains are always better

mertyasar, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  3. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Your asking a question that everyone wants to know. I'd hire one of the heavy hitter consultants that may have the know how.

If 4 months is too long then Google isn't for you, especially for competitive keywords.

As mertyasar suggested, build your links slowly and find the highly relevant ones.

cormac, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  4. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    in my experience, google likes web sites who are growing slowly. it will not allow you to grow fast

trichnosis, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  5. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    I experience the same.

One very good article to read is Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone. Written 5 years ago the majority of it is still very valid and works a charm on any of the sites I've built using that advice.

With Google, you are in it for the long haul.

cormac, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  6. Adsense_Millionaire_To_Be

Adsense_Millionaire_To_Be Guest

Best Answers:
    my site was in top 3 pages within a week or 2.

7. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    dpking, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  8. mertyasar

mertyasar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    also sandbox is just for growing very fast sites dont forget thats why sandbox has been

mertyasar, Mar 5, 2008 IP