1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My TNX success story :)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Fight Videos UK, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ursfehr

ursfehr Member

Best Answers:
    Wow I was looking for a service that actually works for a long time. I tried www.cyberlinkpro but the links dont show up in the search results and most of the pages that you link to dont have any pr

ursfehr, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  2. Fight Videos UK

Fight Videos UK Peon

Best Answers:

pm on way :) I've now added many more campaigns, will probably do a screenshot of my google traffic rise (from google analytics) tomorow

Don't forget TNX is still just a tool. You should hire an SEO consultant or begin to do research yourself in order to use it effectively and get your site ranked high in Google.

Do follow :)

Fight Videos UK, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  3. Ned

Ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    How are your rankings today FightVideosUK?

I've been using TNX for just over a month, and initally had good results until today (although it seems to be very very very slow at placing my links recently, about 100 a day).

However today one of those sites has been hit with around a 30 position drop in the serps. The site is around 8 months old, it was PR4 but dropped to PR3 over the weekend.

You think its been sandboxed? or have rankings been hit due to the PR drop? I'm a little confused as normally a site of this age, which was previous established wouldn't get sandboxed. I didn't exactly go overboard on links eitherI was pretty careful on the amount I placed.

Ned, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  4. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    How many links per domain are you guys going for?

mightyb, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  5. jtpratt

jtpratt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so what are gonna do when TNX gets whacked for "selling links" like TLA did and your site drops like a rock from position #2?

jtpratt, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  6. Fight Videos UK

Fight Videos UK Peon

Best Answers:
    Just about to do a check on my rankings. Google traffic has increased about 40% since I begun to run TNX on my own sites. On clients sites, Im hitting about a 25% increase, but Im not spending much on each as I also do direct marketing on them as wel as SE :)

Make sure you buy links very slowly. Freeze and unfreeze your campaign for a few days at a time. Also, I don't buy any PR0 links at TNX places them far too fast. (Even though TNX tries to enourgage buying PR0, don't do it!)

Maximum, you want no more than 50 links a month appearing to a domain (for a smaller site). You need to make the whole process look organic. SEO is for long term marketing, if you need short term gains try tome direct advertising (check out the section on DP) like some banners and stuff. It works out more expensive but it's instant.

personally 1, but thats because TNX doesn't recognise this across different domains. So if I have 4 campaigns running at once for one URL (targetting different keywords in each campaign) theres a chance a link might get placed on a site in each campaign. This is ok, but need to keep it to a low.

It wont. And my site wont drop like a rock, most PR predictor tools predict a rise from PR5 - PR6/7.

TNX links are very very hard to spot!!!

Fight Videos UK, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  7. xfairguy

xfairguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had high hopes for this service but I am dissapointed now, I have one site indexed and sold link space on it, the other day I had 5000 points accumulated over some period of time, today 4000 points missing and i don't have a way to see where they have gone.
    Full stats are not available after few months of this service is live, that sucks.

xfairguy, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  8. Bonus-points

Bonus-points Guest

Best Answers:
    It is much easier to contact support than make assumptions on the happened issue.

Support is provided at http://forum.tnx.net

Bonus-points, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  9. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very Interesting Story
    I even created campain for one of my sites)) Will see:eek:

inatmo, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  10. affnice

affnice Peon

Best Answers:
    very very interesting :) i'll try this service to my several sites :)

affnice, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  11. matrixx

matrixx Guest

Best Answers:
    Someone wrote"Maximum, you want no more than 50 links a month appearing to a domain (for a smaller site). You need to make the whole process look organic. SEO is for long term marketing, if you need short term gains try tome direct advertising (check out the section on DP) like some banners and stuff. It works out more expensive but it's instant."

I see and hear very often about why you should not create too many incoming links suddenly to a domain. I wonder though if this is just another SEO myth or if somebody has actually tested it. And if they have tested it, are figures like 50 links/month extracted from thin air or are they based on some evidence. I am sure many popular sites receive that many links per day and do very well year in year out.

Personally I have used press releases in the past for new sites and gained several hundreds of links in days. I have also used black hat methods to gain several thousands of links within a month. In either case my rankings only improved. People who are good at article marketing get gain hundreds of links each month to their domains, year in year out.

I have not done a proper test with controls to make any conclusions about the effect of the rate of link growth on rankings, but it will be interesting to hear if anyone has. I do have a feeling there is a lot of hot air in this theory and the advise given about it. In a so called organic method of link building, webpages that sell BETAMAX video players will still be getting links today in the same rate they did in 1980. You would think that it would be more natural for recent and popular webpages to get many links very quickly and then die out slowly.

matrixx, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  12. Bonus-points

Bonus-points Guest

Best Answers:
    At TNX we have advertisers that spend thousands of dollars a week. They all get tens of thousands links to their websites on a weekly basis. They all rank high for their keywords and they don't give a damn thing about all myths out there.

Bonus-points, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  13. quicksilver101

quicksilver101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Crikey 'Flight Videos' are you on the pay roll or something!...

Anyway it sounds enticing, but at the end of the day google aren't stupid. They can easily set up their own account at TNX to see what sites are using it if it becomes so popular they find out about it.

Also surely you need to be constantly adding points to your account to keep your links on the other websites, else they'll get removed - meaning your rank will immediately go down once you finish your campaign.

quicksilver101, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  14. matrixx

matrixx Guest

Best Answers:
    I think I agree with you. Imagine how easy it would be to eliminate your competitors. Just spam your rivals site with 1000 links a day and woosh! Competition gone.

matrixx

matrixx, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  15. Fight Videos UK

Fight Videos UK Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry but on my own experience I massivly disagree!!!!!!

I purchased a link package a while back from someone on DP

150 links on a blog network, all PR2-PR5

About 2 weeks later, the three sites that I had used this on disappeared from SERPS!!!! like, for one it had ranked #2 for a medium competition keyword. It went to 545....

I contacted the link seller, who was very helpful and removed the three links. 3 weeks later, and the sites were back to where they were before.

Those 3 sites were all business sites, so they pretty much lost about a month of search engine traffic. It was an expensive lesson I wont repeat again.

NO other links were being bought at the time this plumet happend. That was the only think happening at that time.

So sorry but, I will stick to running my campaigns he way that works for me. Im not going to risk it.

Ive been using TNX the way I've recommended in this thread and, apart from a few bugs which I've had sorted out via their forums, I've had only positive Search Engine changes. Anyone wanting to do it their way, thats fine by me :)

And as for why I've done this thread - I need as many people signed up to TNX as possible because Im using it for a LOT of link purchases, so there needs to be a lot more publishers in the network hehe

Link -> http://www.tnx.net

Fight Videos UK, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  16. Bonus-points

Bonus-points Guest

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't have done so! Now Google knows you buy links. Instead you could tell Google guys that you have absolutely no idea on what is going on and you never purchased any links from anyone, but you have plenty of angry competitors.

Same thing would happen if you did the above.

Bonus-points, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  17. domainpubber

domainpubber Active Member

Best Answers:
    After trying tnx for a month, I must say I am not that impressed so far. I have gotten 2 very weak links for the campaign I launched and not a single paid link on the site I listed as a publisher (which does very well on a competitor's service I will not name).

Not impressed in the least so far.

domainpubber, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  18. TNX

TNX Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right, there is a filter called "too many links at once", I wrote about it half a year ago. From my experience it is safe to add about 1-2% of all inbound links to a site a day. So a new site is likely to catch this filter with pretty little new links added. Thank you for sharing your experience.

TNX is only a tool to build links, you can use it in a right way or in a wrong way, depending on what experience in link building you have. If you managed to buy only 2 links in a month then you definitely did something wrong. I guess you did not follow the instructions and added only 1 order instead of adding 50-100 as recommended. If you even managed not to sell a single link then you were not able to install the code properly, because once a publisher installs the code properly, the site gets indexed by the system the next day and a publisher gets an option to manually choose advertisers for every page of his site.

TNX, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  19. matrixx

matrixx Guest

Best Answers:
    You could probably draw a better conclusion if you removed the bought links in two of the sites and left one of the other with the purchased links as is. Then a better comparison could have been made. I am saying this because from my experience, whenever you add many links to a page, google needs to re-evaluate the status of your site in it's database and during this stage, your rankings will plummet considerably. This usually happens 2-3 weeks after your new incoming links have been spidered and "credited" to your pages. After the 3 weeks, the site will usually come back with a vengence (just like yours with removed bought links) and rank even higher than before. I guess this is how people propogate wrong ideas based on their true experiences.

I do not think you can truly ascertain the effectiveness of TNX after 1 month of using them. It would be nice to hear from someone who has used them for 3 months or more.

matrixx, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  20. Fight Videos UK

Fight Videos UK Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

thats an interesting theory, and as an experimentalist I'd be happy to try that out with a site. It seems a sound assumption thats equally as likely as my conclusion...

thanks

Fight Videos UK, Mar 14, 2008 IP