1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I love Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Nabs, Mar 2, 2008.

1. curtLFC

curtLFC Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats an impressive amount from CJ . I have just started on my online quest to make a living and since December i have made $38 on adsense and 4 sales through amazon totalling in $12 of commission. I have signed up to CJ but so far i have had 4,891 impressions and only 3 clicks and no income. Which is pretty hard to take. But i am determined to battle on and make a real go at my projects and hopefully things will evenutually fall into place.

curtLFC, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  2. ewex

ewex Peon

Best Answers:
    Niche blogs (blog farms?) hosted on on your own domain, or on blogger?

ewex, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  3. mikyur

mikyur Peon

Best Answers:
    Very impresive! How much does it cost you(per month) to get that big paycheck from CJ?

mikyur, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  4. chane

chane Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations Nabs! I am making about $3500/month from CJ.com. I'm in my 5th month! I love this business! I can't wait to get where you are!

chane, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  5. Nabs

Nabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those are real blogs hosted on domains, blogger is just spam haven. I don't want to get banned by Google by doing spammy things. You may get sales by using this technique, but it will be temporary. For long term, stick with SE guidelines.

Nabs, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  6. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the Q&A Nabs. Most super successful internet marketers don't want to share their knowledge. When it comes to building links, you said you were primarily building links through your own blog sites (I think?). I can see how this would save you a lot of $$ in the long run when it comes to building/buying links. Is it necessary to have these sites hosted on different IP addresses?

Also, what do you think about other link building methods like article marketing and social bookmarking?

webwork, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  7. NicholeB

NicholeB Peon

Best Answers:
    Nabs, this post was very inspiring. I'm fairly new to IM, and I've set a lofty future goal of $7,500 per month. I'm currently using BANS, but need to up the ante as I know very little about SEO.

If you were to write an e-book on the topic, I would SO be on it. Like jam on toast.

NicholeB, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  8. Nabs

Nabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been a webmaster since late 2003, at that time I didn't even know its possible to earn income online, I was doing it just for hobby, and those hobby sites now have PR5+ , now I'm also using those to boost my affiliate sites PR/rankings. I know I can afford a lot of servers, but I stick with shared and reseller hosting only, its hard to manage, but you get a lot of different IPs, and yes all the backlinks from same IP are bad and they will most likely get you banned, It isn't necessary that you have to have unique IP for every site. For example, if I have 5 backlinks from same IP and 10 from different IPs, then you won't most probably come into SE's radar, but if you have 20 backlinks and all from exactly same IP, and you use this technique for all of your sites (exchanging links for all of your affiliate sites), this will more like get your network banned by Google.

I have more content sites than blogs.

Article marketing is also good, I've been doing it for my blog/content sites. At this stage most popular social networking sites have nofollow tag in outgoing links, you won't get backlink PR from it, but it may worth it, if you manage to get yourself on main page.

Nabs, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  9. Nabs

Nabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck with your journey. e-book is a nice idea as others have also suggested, I will think about it when I have spare time.

Nabs, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  10. Nabs

Nabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck chane, Just multiply with 10 of what you're doing right now, and you will come up with $35,000/month :)

Nabs, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  11. Nabs

Nabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I already told that here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=6801967&postcount=14

Nabs, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  12. Nabs

Nabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    With this impressions/click ratio I can assume that you're just slapping affiliate banners on content sites, Am I right? You need to make websites about shopping / product reviews. I did promote amazon, but 24 hour cookie period is not my piece of pie. I currently do not promote merchants which have 1 day cookie or 1 day referral period, its like sending them free traffic. About 30% of visitors I send, make a purchase after few days.

Nabs, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  13. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want to do that someday too!

Chancey, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  14. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I with you on the short cookie duration at Amazon. I know some folks do well with Amazon but I think they would do much better selling the same products from another merchant, one with longer cookie duration and higher percentage commission.

geomark, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  15. vbigdeli

vbigdeli Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which one is better?

vbigdeli, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  16. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Nabs - yer my hero!

webwork, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  17. mg_

mg_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Great job man! I also think all you need to know is on this forum, other stuff you need is time,experience and some hard work

mg_, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  18. CrAzY-MaStER

CrAzY-MaStER Banned

Best Answers:
    how many sites you have :eek: ?

CrAzY-MaStER, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  19. Nabs

Nabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    You already know the answer :D

Nabs, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  20. Nabs