1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Google CLOSED my ACCOUNT!" - new batch of account closures

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mcfox, Mar 2, 2008.

Not my account in case that's what you think. ;)

I'm seeing a batch of people on some forums complaining that Google has closed their accounts and I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the reasons for this latest batch of closures?

Sample letter from Google:
    Here are some complaints / discussions in Google groups:
    http://groups.google.com/group/adse...547980ae189/211d6655a1dc8e5f#211d6655a1dc8e5f
    http://groups.google.com/group/adse...9fc2d776a1c/5014f09249dae9d9#5014f09249dae9d9
    http://groups.google.com/group/adse...52f9f43f7e2/5dccd3c08d8b7708#5dccd3c08d8b7708
    http://groups.google.com/group/adse...24b3db332c3/ef6dbd5638fa485d#ef6dbd5638fa485d

Seems to be happening to a bunch of Myspace-related sites although not by any means exclusively.

Thoughts anyone?

mcfox, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    Zerosleep and Will.Spencer like this.
  2. Menno Spijkstra

Menno Spijkstra Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't even bother trying to have your account restored. Once you're out, you're out!

Menno Spijkstra, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  3. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Not even 100% true.

About the closing of accounts, Google has been doing some "spring cleaning." You would notice the trend if you've been keeping up with the latest domaining news and tying it into what's been going out with Google and other networks.

Fka200, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  4. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would totally disagree, 5 of my own friends got their account reinstated but they were very nice publishers + they had been with adsense for a long time and so am I.

Grim_Reaper, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess it has something to do with the comsource report indicating the high level of fraud clicks. Google may be doing some self assessment and trying to improve the value and quality of its clicks.

That may be why those terminated accounts do not actually go against their TOS, just that they wanted to terminate them, no real reason given, just a very general statement.

wisdomtool, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  6. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wise words from one of the contributors in those links
    They protect the advertisers, the
    people that PAY THE MONEY..

Too many adsense publishers seem to forget that at the other end of the equation, someone else is spending money.

magda, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  7. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, stay away from proxy and myspace ad placement.
    thanks for the heads up.

MeetHere, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  8. eng152

eng152 Banned

Best Answers:
    You can ask it from Adsense team. There is a little chance to restore for you account.

eng152, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  9. PowerExtreme

PowerExtreme Banned

Best Answers:
    so why approve the acc

PowerExtreme, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  10. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Do share. Got any links? More information people can take a look at?

Did you read the first three words that were underlined that said it wasn't my account? Obviously not. :rolleyes:

mcfox, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  11. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    oh yes.. the spree begins again. :p

Abhik, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    First, thanks for the heads up. I had not heard about this round of firings before.

I read the threads on Google Groups and wow -- posters there are stupid. "Cause and effect" seems way too complicated for them. :(

It does appear that smaller publishers were the ones removed in this round. Do you concur?

Will.Spencer, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  13. d_d1618

d_d1618 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you have log files contain the ips for who clicks of your ads send them to google and explain for them that you are not respond for these invalid clicks and send them the ips for those who clicked on your ads and they will maybe re open your account

d_d1618, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  14. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    It does seem to be smaller publishers who are getting whacked but it also seems to be those publishers in the Myspace scene who are using copyrighted images - Disney, etc. also getting pummelled. I can't decide if it's mostly because the sites are pretty much made for adsense (MFA) or if it's the copyright issue or if it's just low returns (i.e. poor conversions for the advertisers).

mcfox, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  15. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    You're totally wrong! I got my account restored after a series of conversation with them through email...

I also purchased a site last year that google has banned but I was able to put adsense on that site after a series of emails to them...

Do honestly and you will not get into trouble with google.

silveraden, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I have purchased a number of these MySpace resource sites recently and I have not heard a word of complaint from Google.

Instead, they complain about my politics sites for "promoting firearms."

Will.Spencer, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  17. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Nice try mcfox to get a simple thread going about an issue which could affect most of the members here, pity they can't focus. The first reply goes off on a tangent and the rest follow :(.

First off, a few days ago when we logged into our Adsense account there was a new TOS agreement that had to be signed.
    Then yesterday on Myspace itself Tom posted this
    It seems that Myspace related sites are being targetted but today looking around a few forums I have noticed people with sites in other niches say that they have had their accounts banned as well.

With this round of banning happening straight after the new Adsense TOS was sent out it looks like sites that haven't got a Terms of Use and Privacy Policy in place are the ones being affected.

What I don't understand is why Google are banning accounts, they have systems in place now where they can block sites that don't abide by their TOS.
    It doesn't make sense to ban a complete account if only one or two of the sites in that account are at fault.

Cyclops, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  18. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    I think mostly it is a return of investment issue. As for being Myspace resource site targetted I am not so sure.
    Most of the "ads" shown on Myspace resource sites take you to some sort of crappy site you would not normally go anywhere near!!!!!
    They also pay an abysmal amount to publishers.

MKInfo, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  19. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google has never defined the term "smaller publishers"
    So speculating on that account is not right

COBSolutions, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  20. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Nothing new there. I think reading is a dying art. :)

I wonder if that has any validity... could it be that people who are blindly accepting the new terms without implementing the necessary changes (privacy policy, ensuring copyright compliance, etc.) are losing their accounts?

Perhaps there is a pattern of non-compliance across a number of their sites (if they have more than one)?

What do you make of the new Myspace TOS in relation to this?

I did say it wasn't by any means exclusively Myspace-related sites but they are definitely in the firing line. As for the ads served on the myspace resource sites - what do you think, is it a case of Google going after arbitrage by taking out the sites that serve arbitrage-type ads?

mcfox, Mar 2, 2008 IP