1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sample Privacy Policy! (As required by Google Adsense)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by SMSHeat01, Feb 28, 2008.

This is the web site Yourwebsite.Com

We can be reached via e-mail at

For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes information of
    your browser, IP address, City/State/Country.

We collect only the domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web page, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail.

The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded, used to improve the content of our Web page, used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.

With respect to cookies: We use cookies to store visitors preferences, record user-specific information on what pages users access or visit, customize Web page content based on visitors' browser type or other information that the visitor sends.

With respect to Ad Servers: To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies like Google (www.google.com/adsense) that we allow to place ads on our Web pages. As a result of your visit to our site, ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information. For further information, consult the privacy policy of:
    http://www.google.com/privacy.html

If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above email address.

SMSHeat01, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  2. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow Thanks .... copied in notepad will have look and tweak later!
    Rep added! :)

gsv13, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  3. Blackmane

Blackmane Peon

Best Answers:
    When did Adsense Require a privacy policy?

Blackmane, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  4. proxywhereabouts

proxywhereabouts Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you not get the new TOS when you log in your account?
    Or you didn't read thru it? ;)

proxywhereabouts, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  5. Blackmane

Blackmane Peon

Best Answers:
    Not fully, I better put one in then.

Blackmane, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  6. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    May I know if there is a deadline by which all the webmasters are supposed to add the privacy policy in their sites :)

dairyman, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  7. Amazingpak

Amazingpak Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Adsense will not suspend any account in future due to privacy policy. They will only send a warning messages to put privacy policy in our websites

Amazingpak, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  8. thewolf32

thewolf32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is this really necesary?

thewolf32, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  9. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    here's a tool which you can use to come up with your own customized privacy policy link here

sultanofseo, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  10. appu

appu Active Member

Best Answers:
    thnk man needed this only

appu, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  11. gumbo

gumbo Peon

Best Answers:
    Two issues with that sample.

First, this:

doesn't make any sense. Not only does the sentence not make sense, but I doubt you're actually collecting the "domain name of visitors," which sounds meaningless.

Second, that privacy policy doesn't meet the requirements of the new Adsense TOS. Namely, it doesn't discuss cookie management options for your visitors.

Look, people, it's not very complicated. You don't need a lot of legalese or anything. The TOS clearly says what you have to have, there are only two things the policy has to say. Write that up, stick it on your website. Done. If you accepted the new TOS already, you should have that up. Otherwise you have until the May deadline for accepting the TOS.

gumbo, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  12. sweetpea

sweetpea Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks so much. :p I'll be taking and editing that for my sites.

sweetpea, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  13. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    That link to the DMA is WAAAY over the top. Their "Privacy Policy" is typical of sites that justify doing ANYTHING that they want to "work you over" royally.

Keep in mind that the Direct Marketing Association is the outfit that is responsible for filling your email inbox with tons of spam. They are also responsible for the "Canspam" act, which legalized email spam.

Any time I see a privacy policy THAT LONG, I run like he||. It means that they are among the worst, when it comes to protecting your privacy. It takes a lot of words to screw you over legally. It takes FAR FEWER words to certify that you DO NOT employ any of these spamming policies. The longer the privacy policy, the more you need to worry.

As the poster above said, Google requires far less than the DMA PP generator gives to you.

Originally Posted by SMSHeat01 View Post
    As stated above, this sentence does not make sense. Perhaps it should read -
    "We collect only the domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web page, EXCEPT FOR the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail.

How about this -
    "This site does not collect any data from visitors, other than standard server logs. However, this site does serve ads from Google, who does collect data from visitors when the ads are clicked upon. See the Google Privacy Policy at http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html for the data that may be collected, and what it might be used for."
    Would that do it?

Surf_Dude, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  14. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:

Do you have an example of one you are using? Would love to see it :)

FanAddict, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  15. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure.
    http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/privacy-policy.htm

But that is about to change, due to the new Adsense requirements.

Of course, I am not selling anything, which means I don't have to deal with all the issues that arise when trying to spy on, manipulate, and control customers, through subsequent actions for the pursuit of profits. I am only concerned with those who steal my content, or attack me in other ways.

Many "for profit" websites can and will do anything, to learn every bit of information about you that they possibly can, if they think that it will result in more profit for them. Let's not be naive.

16. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Simple and easy - to the point, let me know when you add in the new AS TOS requirements :)

FanAddict, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  17. FL954

FL954 Peon

Best Answers:
    i already have a privacy policy, do i have to add to it?

FL954, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  18. SMSHeat01

SMSHeat01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just posted a sample privacy policy. Thank you for pointing mistakes :)

SMSHeat01, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  19. Jeehan

Jeehan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When google will let us know that our PP is OK or not?????

Jeehan, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  20. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    "When google will let us know that our PP is OK or not?????"

Good question, but I think never. It would not fit their "scalability" policy, which means that it would be too time-consuming to respond to every policy.

I think you must take your best shot, and hope for the best. I also think that some privacy policies will be posted soon, that have been approved by Google through emails. I predict that these policies will then be copied by many others.

OK. I went ahead and added a Google reference on my privacy policy, using the same words that I posted above -
    http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/privacy-policy.htm
    I will be keeping my ears open for any criticism or suggested improvement to what I wrote.