1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Update Problem

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by mecho, Feb 27, 2008.

Hi ,

i have a website with Tons of Pages and links , i'm using Xml Sitemap Generator (unlimited ones) , it takes a huge time to update the sitemaps , so i had to Set 10,000 limit for sitemaps .

now questions is whenever i update the Sitemap , some of the old links goes out from the sitemap , what does it mean ? it means that those pages r not indexed in google anymore ? i ask this cuz in google webmaster page , i checked the indexed urls . before i update a new one , indexed urls was around 4000 , i updated my sitemap after 2 or 3 days and then i checked again and indexed urls was around 100 !!!

any help would be great .

Thanks

mecho, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10,000 URLs are not a whole lot... I don't know the tool you are using, but have you thought about organizing scanning your website into multiple projects? I think that could solve your problems if scanning your website takes a lot of time, i.e. you could avoid deleting any XML sitemaps then.

websitetools, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  3. mecho

mecho Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using this tool , Cpu usage goes so high , eat BW alot ! i have more than 5 full Sitemap files if it want to scan all pages but now it s impossible :(

i also tried "A1 Sitemap Generator" too , but it takes alooooooooooooot to scan all Pages . and Same problem . i guess problem is my Site or my Setting , i dunno but i have to find it out .

is it ok with u if i have ur msn or yahoo id ? i can show u my site and my tool and .... . i really need help with it

Thanks alot.

mecho, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  4. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it possible for you to email? thomas[at]micro-sys.dk (Make sure to have e.g. "sitemap" in email subject for fastest response.)

There are ways to improve speed, but if your website/webserver is slow, it probably won't help much... But you can pretty easily split your website scan into different projects.

If email is not possible, you can also use Digital Point PMs.

websitetools, Feb 27, 2008 IP