1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoDaddy Stolen Domain Names -- Report Them Here.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by GreenGambler, Feb 14, 2008.

1. RLKuhn101

RLKuhn101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone any knowledge of who actually has my domain UTEENS.COM that I was scammed out of in the same PP/GD scam on 2/14 here on DP? ($600.00)

The whois info is probably an alias?

Registrant:
    Brian Gordon
    4117 Emeral Dreams Drive
    Princeton, Illinois 61356
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: UTEENS.COM
    Created on: 13-Mar-00
    Expires on: 13-Mar-09
    Last Updated on: 14-Feb-08

If you happen to know who has it PLEASE PM me and let me know.

I will reward you for the return of the domain.

Thanks,

Robert

RLKuhn101, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  2. bgmv

bgmv Peon

Best Answers:
    Im pretty sure it all leads to the same Person and we are getting pretty close.

I dont think anyone would accept a reward for finding you domain, I know I wouldnt

bgmv, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  3. secrets1212

secrets1212 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow just reading this thread from beginning to end what a story, you guys are on the right track but my question is what are you doing Police wise, have you contacted any authorities in Canada. You have 1 credible guy so far returning stolen names, & numerous complaints has anyone contacted any authorities out there?

The guy returning the stolen names i'm sure you reported this to Go Daddy but what local & foreign authorities have you contacted? With crimes like these authorities tend to sit on their ass until its ALOT of people & ALOT of money lost. Patrol other forums & sites see who else has been scammed by this person get them to detail their facts & report them to the same authorities you guys need ENOUGH voices to really get an investigation going. Forgive any typos

secrets1212, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  4. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I'm happy to report that this thread now comes up on the Google results home page for the term "GoDaddy Domain Names". Maybe they will take notice to that?.. hmm.

GreenGambler, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  5. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel this will be actively discussed in a lot of domain blogs and will definitely force Godaddy to plug the legal loophole. Also if everyone gets the scammed domain list there would be no buyers and I hope this will force them to return them.

ARonald, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  6. ttdomain

ttdomain Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not on the first page yet..., and I don't think that someone in GoDaddy Domain Names will care...

ttdomain, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  7. GreenGambler

Best Answers:

It is on the first page for me, second from bottom.. I guess different locations/regions get slightly different results.

Whenever I start to do business with a company that I am unfamiliar with I always do a Google search of there company name and related services. If I saw this thread appear in the results, I would choose a different registrar.

GreenGambler, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  8. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Here are some results I have found
    Last on page 1 for "GoDaddy Domain Names"
    Last on page 1 for "godaddy domain"

FPForum, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  9. ttdomain

ttdomain Peon

Best Answers:
    Not in Ireland....

ttdomain, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  10. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep its on the first page. Will take a while to make it to the top 3.

ARonald, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  11. klklinc

klklinc Peon

Best Answers:
    klklinc, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  12. ttdomain

ttdomain Peon

Best Answers:
    ttdomain, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  13. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think avis03 did any of the scamming. I don't think a scammer would be dumb enough to leave his information up for the public to see while others he covered up. It is sad to see that so many people got scammed by what is probably a single individual.

PHPGator, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  14. klklinc

klklinc Peon

Best Answers:
    This should be a "sticky" so that others on the forum see what is going on without having to search for this thread.

klklinc, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  15. ttdomain

ttdomain Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got only one question, how did avis03 got us the domains back the first time?, since HKsteve stoled them and held them, I say that because it's impossible to flip as many domains as he did the first time

ttdomain, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  16. klklinc

klklinc Peon

Best Answers:
    Email I sent to godaddy this morning :
    You have really got to do something about this!!! My stolen domains along with others that I know are stolen due to various forum reports are now being sold by the thief!! This is blatantly being done on a hackers site that is using Godaddy servers .
    http://209.85.207.104/search?q=cach...?showuser=29933+renata.tv&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10

You have to stop this ASAP!

Their reply this evening:
    Thank you for your email. It appears you agreed to sell the domain and initiated the account change. As such, we are not able to become involved in the resulting dispute.
    Any further disputes over the ownership or wording of the domain name will need to be sent either to the registrant, through an ICANN-approved arbitration provider (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm) or the court system. Please be assured that if we receive notice of a pending legal dispute we will lock the name so that it cannot be transferred or otherwise modified. Likewise when we receive a Decision we will update the name accordingly.
    If you are not able to contact the registrant because information in the Whois database is invalid, such as containing a disconnected telephone number or an invalid mailing address, please send a detailed email to . At that time we may attempt to contact our customer and request that they update the information, so you may contact them.

Thank you,

Ha, what a joke!!! As if a scammer is going to update the whois so I can contact them! Wake up Godaddy and stop sniffing the glue!!!

klklinc, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  17. GreenGambler

Best Answers:
    GreenGambler, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  18. GreenGambler

Best Answers:
    This makes it even more pathetic that GoDaddy won't help us. We are all from different parts of the world. We are all accusing the same guy, who just happens to have all our names. And if GoDaddy did it's job they would see that the WhoIs info on all our names is invalid.

Can they not see that one GoDaddy account has many names with different WhoIs info? And a completly differnt IP that logs into the account? Are they Fing blind?

19. klklinc

klklinc Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone reported this to http://ic3.gov/ you should have received a confirmation email. This email contains a Complaint Id and Password. I urge you to add further details about your domains being sold by hksteve and the desihackerz website link @ http://complaint.ic3.gov/update

klklinc, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  20. GreenGambler

Best Answers:
    I just contacted the scammer via the desihackerz site:

He still refuses to give the names back.. He basically said he has been scamming his whole life.. (Fing looser)

His MSN email is:
    User name is: Av---is