1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

*Blue Host is the Worst Web Host Ever!!!!*

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by CannabisSEO, Feb 26, 2008.

*Blue Host is the Worst Web Host Ever*​

I just had a very amusing conversation with a representative from Blue Host. To give you some background, I purchased a site about 3 months ago from another member here at DP. I have been trying ever since then to get them to transfer the domain to me, but the still will not. I even tried paying GoDaddy to initiate a transfer for me, but Blue Host will not respond to any of their requests. They will not transfer the domain without me getting hosting from them. That is quite ridiculous, as I own a hosting company and have no interest in getting hosting with them, and they refuse to transfer the domain to me that I rightfully own!

I couldn't believe it, and here is the conversation I had with them, quite hilarious how scandalous they are!

Visitor Name: Home Page User
    Question: I recently bought a site from a person that had the domain hosted with you. I have sent the activation email from GoDaddy to initialte the transfer many times, but have still heard nothing. I need to get the domain xxxxxx.com transfered to me. Can you help?

Home Page User [1:13:14 PM]: Hello, I recently bought a site from a person that had the domain hosted with you. I have sent the activation email from GoDaddy to initialte the transfer many times, but have still heard nothing. I need to get the domain xxxxxx.com transfered to me. Can you help?

B. Christen [1:16:05 PM]: Have you signed up for an account with Bluehost?

Home Page User [1:18:25 PM]: no I have not. Can you push it to me if I do?

B. Christen [1:18:50 PM]: Sure. Go to Bluehost.com and click Signup Now.
    [1:19:09 PM]: Here are some great steps to follow we recommend for our transfer customers:
    B. Christen [1:19:17 PM]:
    To ensure the least amount of downtime possible during your transfer please follow the below steps:
    1. Sign up as a *Transfer Client.
    2. *Upload Your Site Content and use the temporary URL [included in welcome email] to view your site set up before completing the transfer process.
    3. Create any *Email Accounts & *FTP Accounts
    Important: Click any word displaying the "*" to be taken to matching Knowledgebase articles.
    4. When everything is in place simply contact your current Registrar or Web Host and ask them to replace your current Name Servers [DNS] with ours: ns1.bluehost.com and ns2.bluehost.com.

Home Page User [1:20:31 PM]: I would rather just you push the domain to me and I can switch the name servers to where the files are. I don't have time to upload all the files and do all that, I just need the domain and there will be 0 downtime at all.

B. Christen [1:21:29 PM]: If you follow those steps that is the best way for minimal downtime.

Home Page User [1:21:31 PM]: I either need it pushed to my account at blue host where the DNS can remain the same, or transfer it to my GoDaddy account.
    [1:22:00 PM]: There will be no downtime if I can just get the domain. The site is up now, and I already have it hosted.
    [1:22:20 PM]: There is no need for it to be down whatsoever. I DO NOT NEED HOSTING.

B. Christen [1:22:55 PM]: Okay we in order to transfer your domain or register a new domain you need to have a hosting account with us.
    Home Page User [1:23:56 PM]: That's crazy! I can't get the domain that I have purchased without getting hosting from you? That;s some kind of monopoly!
    [1:24:08 PM]: I own a hosting company and already have it hosted with myself.
    B. Christen [1:24:09 PM]: What is your domain name?

Home Page User [1:24:26 PM]: xxxxxx.com

B. Christen [1:26:32 PM]: Okay, so you do have a hosting account with us.
    [1:26:49 PM]: Then you can register a new domain on your cPanel under Domains, click Register Domain.
    [1:27:00 PM]: If you need assistance with the transfer you can contact Tech Support.

Home Page User [1:27:49 PM]: But I don't have an account with you. I have never signed up for one. It is still probably in the previous owners account, and I just had him switch the nameservers.
    [1:28:35 PM]: That is the dilemma, I need to get the domain from his account to mine.

B. Christen [1:30:24 PM]: Okay do you own xxxxxx.com or does that domain belong to someone else?

Home Page User [1:33:12 PM]: I have purchased it several months back, but have still yet to receive it. I have sent a transfer activation to your company over 30 times, but you never activated it so I could never get it transfered. This is the whole problem, I need to get the domain transfered to me.

B. Christen [1:34:14 PM]: Okay for this problem you would actually need to talk to Tech Support.
    B. Christen [1:34:55 PM]: Sorry for the confusion. I actually represent the SALES team and would be happy to answer any sales questions you may have. If you have any SUPPORT questions, please follow this link and select Support: Live Chat Support

Home Page User [1:35:59 PM]: Can you forward this conversation to them, so they know what is going on and I do not have to repeat it all please?
    [1:37:43 PM]: That link just takes me to the same place, there is no option to choose support.

B. Christen [1:38:54 PM]: Actually we have to close our discussion before you can go to that link, So unfortunately I cannot forward this to them.
    [1:39:12 PM]: You would select Support. Rather then Sales. And then tell Tech support that you have xxxxxx.com and that you need to transfer it.
    Home Page User [1:42:35 PM]: wow, this is some operation you have here!
    B. Christen [1:43:43 PM]: I'm very sorry about that.

Home Page User [1:43:43 PM]: This is very dis-organized. I have transfered hundreds of domains before between dozens of registrars without a single problem. It's not very "techincal" at all !!
    [1:44:48 PM]: It's really quite simple and if your company has problems domain transfering, you should really update your site and software as you are well behind the curve.

B. Christen [1:46:14 PM]: If the domain is currently attached to an account then tech support needs to assist you .
    [1:46:44 PM]: I'm sorry about that, but I am here for Sales questions only. If you click the above link you can speak with Tech Support about that domain name.

Home Page User [1:46:50 PM]: I own a hosting company and know how hard it is to transfer domains. I can't believe you guys can't transfer domain names easily, it's actually pretty hilarious! I can;t believe there are companies like your out there. I have never heard of your company and now I know why! Give your customers a 30 minute run around to transfer a domain. HAhahaha

B. Christen [1:47:13 PM]: Well have a good day, I'm sorry I cannot assist you further.

Home Page User [1:47:17 PM]: I bet support will tell me to go somewhere else, I have been through this before.
    [1:47:28 PM]: I have already talked to support as I already stated . .

Then they cut me off and went off line. I could not believe that.

I just wanted to warn anyone to stay away from blue host as they are scandalous and will steal your domain and refuse to transfer it to you. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can get them to transfer it to me?

CannabisSEO, Feb 26, 2008 IP
    WeedGrinch likes this.
  2. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It depends. Check the domains WhoIs if its on your name you can get it easily. If not that you are going to have to keep on trying to get it from BlueHost. Thats why i always tell everyone dont buy domains from hosts. Good Luck!

- Prilep :D

prilep, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  3. CannabisSEO

CannabisSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your response, I had never bought a domain from a host before, so I guess I learned the hard way. Anyway, if I can save someone else from making the same mistake, and buying or hosting anything at Blue Host, then it is well worth the mistake. I am going to get it one way or the other, even if I do have to get my lawyer involved.

4. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You didn't answer the question when you check the WhoIs is the domain name on your name?

- Prilep :D

prilep, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  5. CannabisSEO

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just checked it out, and the who is info still is in blue host's name, although the DNS are pointed to my servers. Does that help at all? It's actually under FastDomain, INC. but I am guessing blue host is a reseller of their's?

6. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 4
    As Buyer:
    97.2% - 35
    I would also make sure that the person you purchased the domain from is in contact with BlueHost. If he/she requests a push of the domain to your register (godaddy) account it might be easier since it's coming from the owner of the domain with the actual BlueHost account. There are a lot of scammers in this world and sadly sometimes companies do have to protect themselves and their clients to an annoying degree which effects the rest of us... Good luck.

micksss, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  7. markyd

markyd Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's not BlueHost's problem. Without the "owner" of the domain saying "yes, transfer it" they can't do a thing. they didn't scam you, the person you bought the domain from did.

Besides, that has nothing to do with bluehost as a company or as a host. It's a delicate situation I guess. I personally have hosted with Bluehost, they are a very capable hoster in my eyes. :)

Hope you get this solved though, just try contacting the person you bought it from again :D

Regards,

- Mark

markyd, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  8. CannabisSEO

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, they have been in contact with Blue Host as well. I tried to have them contact Blue Host, I have contacted Blue Host and also paid Go Daddy to try and get the domain for me. They have sent countless emails to Blue Host, but they will never respond and initiate the transfer over to Go Daddy. They insist I must get hosting with them, and I think that is ridiculous. I already own a server and have a hosting company of my own, why would I want more hosting>?\
    All I want is the domain that I purchased 3 months ago, I don't think it should be that difficult as I have transfered hundreds of domains before without any problems. You know what I mean?
    Please read above, but the previous, or current owner I guess, has contacted Blue Host many times, and we have both been working to get this transfered for over 3 months, with NO movement forward. They simply will not help transfer it what so ever, and it seems they are holding it hostage and not helping at all.

9. markyd

markyd Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh ok, for some reason I didn't catch anything about the previous owner contacting them too. Hmm. Idk, it SHOULD get resolved eventually I guess, sucks that this has happened to you though :(

Regards,

- Mark

markyd, Feb 26, 2008 IP