1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

100 Bans Store

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by ajeetroy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PHPbay is sort of close to an open-source version..

I agree with potentmix. The people claiming dup content are not really thinking it through..

But I also agree with other above. If you just throw things out there, you won't make any money. Add original content. Go for volume over pure numbers. 15 well-tuned stores in good niches will beat 100 plain stores with no research or quality behind them any day.

purdue512, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  2. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    If you can code a bit in PHP, I put together a guide on how to build an ebay affiliate site. Check it out below in my signature.

a389951l, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  3. auburnfan23

auburnfan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well Im already getting Search Engine Traffic to both sites and have had sales on both sites so its all in how you look at it. I think if you keep good content on these sitess with a wide array of products and long tail keywords then you can still do well..

As for the Golf Clubs its not just Nike thats just an anchor text I used for this paticular backlink, I have every name brand and every type of Club and accessorie listed on my site which also pulls search engine hits..

Im sure there are other less competitive niches but these are the ones I chose to start with when I started these websites.. I plan more in the future when I get these built up some..

auburnfan23, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  4. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site, I think this will do well for you..

5. matthewrobertbell

matthewrobertbell Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks auburn fan, i've just got into google rankings after 48 hours.

matthewrobertbell, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  6. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    Along with good Content and other good linking habits that
    Signature Link you have will do wonders..

7. matthewrobertbell

matthewrobertbell Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm considering the $10 submission to directories deals in the services section, good idea?

matthewrobertbell, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  8. bigmeep

bigmeep Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make some good money with a nice network of sites. This is true with BANS and other site types.

In my personal opinion, BANS is like the new MFA... MFE Made For Ebay. That is how I approach it. I try to build an integrated network, with lots of MFE sites as well as the "special" ones that get more attention and more love to create a real site. And then I have a few "more special" ones where the BANS part is only one part of the overall site and not the focus of the site.

There are only so many hours in the day, days in the week, etc. to give love to your BANS sites. So why not throw in some automation/black hat SEO with some, while focusing your energy on others.

Also remember to explore additional avenues of monetization and to keep on promoting.

bigmeep, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  9. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, there's no comparison. MFAs are complete gibberish, useless directories or otherwise of no value whatsoever. BANS sites offer something of value to the visitor who more often than not is looking for a specific item that can be found on a BANS site. You won't find anything you're looking for on the typical MFA.

potentmix, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  10. noobie2shoes

noobie2shoes Peon

Best Answers:

MFE ? Thats utter trash talk.

noobie2shoes, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  11. matthewrobertbell

matthewrobertbell Peon

Best Answers:
    Still havent placed any unique content on my site (I wil lsoon), but now number 1 in google for fender auctions. Is this because im not using a common script?

matthewrobertbell, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  12. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does "Fender Auctions" get any searches per day. If not, then you won't see much traffic. I do like the site however.

My search for "Fender Auctions" brings it up 10th, but "Fenders Auction" comes up 3rd.

Side Question...has anyone tried replacing the stock search bar in BANS v2.0 with a Google Adsense for Search bar? Any ideas how to make this work. I asked in the "programming" forum, but didn't get much action.

christian231, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  13. matthewrobertbell

matthewrobertbell Peon

Best Answers:
    just find in the code where it outputs the html for the search bar and replace it with the adsense version.

matthewrobertbell, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  14. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I just don't understand why you would want to distract a potentially motivated buyer visiting your site with a Google AdSense Search bar up at the top of a shopping page. Maybe you can explain so that I understand it.

potentmix, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  15. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not converting many sales on one of my BANS sites right now, and instead of it sitting there generating NO income, getting some from adsense seems better than nothing. I don't want to discourage shoppers from buying the products that are listed, but lets face it, not everyone likes or knows how to use ebay...and those visitors are going to leave when they realize that the products are ebay listings. If you have adsense on the page too, at least you give them another option for something to click, and it makes me money.

christian231, Feb 22, 2008 IP