1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rivers of gold in domain name business

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by gemini181, Feb 2, 2008.

?

Do you believe you can make millions of $$$'s within five years?

1. Yes I Do

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No Way

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Whatever

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
    At least one person who reads this post will (probably) make millions within 5 years.
    It could be you, right??
    ~~~~~~~~

Rivers of gold in domain name business

...Yet Schwartz rakes in millions of dollars in annual income from his 6000-odd properties and recently sold one for $US750,000 after buying it in 1997 for about $US100...

It sounds too good to be true but...

```````````````````:)
    [​IMG]

gemini181, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  2. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's definitely possible, but I have stronger belief that the sites i've developed will be with more then the names. And I also think development is the future.

furca, Feb 2, 2008 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  3. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good point. :)
    Development has unlimited upside, and domain names alone aren't as exciting.

gemini181, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  4. Nosfer

Nosfer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    let's see: 1 mil $$$ in 5 years means that you need to make 16,666$ monthly :) i can't do it :(

Nosfer, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  5. nuke007

nuke007 Peon

Best Answers:
    This remind me California gold rush, Most of the people lost their money or got little from gold rush. The most money was made by the people who developed tools for digging, provided infrastructure. The clue is , if you can't get premium domain then developing your so so domain into quality website will earn you money.

Thx

nuke007, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  6. kohashi

kohashi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  7. littleacorn

littleacorn Peon

Best Answers:
    I am interested in selling names where the best place to register them

littleacorn, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  8. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely I can, you gotta think positive :)

htmlindex, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  9. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible but not probable for most. I however will!.. :) LOL

GreenGambler, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  10. gemini181

Best Answers:
    A positive attitude will surely help. :)

gemini181, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  11. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    99.9% of the people on this forum are way too stupid to make that much money in the rest of their life, let alone the next 5 years...

dlm, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  12. gemini181

Best Answers:
    So...

So someone who helps them make honest money (and avoids calling anyone "stupid") would have the start of a really great business model, right? :)

13. gafadi

gafadi Peon

Best Answers:
    this is possible 100% but needs a little money to start with , like first take your 100 , and reg like 10-12 good domains , sell them with bin set to 50 -100 , then whatever you make , maybe up to 1000 if all sold , then buy good 4l.com with good potential , maybe pronounceable that will get you up to 5 - 10 4l.coms depending on domain , then sell them at reasonable prices then with the money that you earned with sell buy better domain and try getting some good domain with high potential , like one word domain or 2 word short good domains , then wait till one year, till then you can do side money with reg some good domains and sell it for profit of range of 40-70 dollars per domains if good ones . then after 1 -2 year start selling the 4-5 good domains you bought with your money , that you get you up to 5X price of that domain . Then same stuff , as you earn , buy some good domains from resellers thats the way it works , and within 1 -2 years you will be already able to make like 20k maybe and buy a 3l.com with 20k , then keep that domain for little time , keep on advertising it and getting offer but dont sell it untile you have double the money you bought that domain for . good luck this works on a chain

edit : good thing > you dont have to put all your time on this , take 1-2 hour of your day for this each day , read news about the industry and learn about the ongoing prices and stuff thats it , so even if you dont become a millionare you will still earn 20 -40 k sitting on your pc per year

gafadi, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  14. gemini181

Best Answers:
    Nice :)
    [​IMG]

```````
    Beware of scams, and intense competition, but you basically have a great plan.

15. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    No, because if you are really that knowledgeable, you can make more money by yourself then you can by teaching others.

And if you really like being altruistic, you can give your own profits away to charity.

dlm, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  16. gafadi

gafadi Peon

Best Answers:
    and still remember ? you are doing this as a extra money , so it means you still have a job 9-6 maybe , so this is side money , so wow , its like money for luxury buy tv , good stuff for your children and have a nice vacation , And about scams , thats up to you , you are steady kind of person and have good idea about domains and stuff you cant be scammed , scams usually happen to people new in this field , they buy a domain and scammers fool them . you suppose to know that , like i have a domain hiredesigner.net and i set its bin as 250 but some one really offers like 3000 to me , so first i know the domain is not worth that much usually becoz other extensions are still available and much more things to look ,in those kind of offers 10% really are end user and really love your domain , other mostly scammers

gafadi, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  17. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rick and others bought domains before they were "hot property". He had the foresight to know that owning great generic domains will be worth something in the future.
    There are no more one word .com's anymore but you can still seek out good domains, albeit at a much higher price than reg fee.

longroad, Feb 18, 2008 IP