1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6 Reasons to Stop Eating Meat Today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PalSys, Feb 15, 2008.

?

Vegetarian or Meat Eater?

1. Vegetarian

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Meat Eater

30 vote(s)
    69.8%
  1. okapi2

okapi2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i like to eat meat, but eating cow raw liver it was too much for me, i didn't enjoies but i did it anyway, in tokyo, shinbashi, north korean restaurant.
    After that i was considering go vegan, but then i was back to europe and here tha meat is too good. :)

okapi2, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  2. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Yes, but by not eating them you deny them life alltogether. Some of the free range animals have it pretty good until they get eaten.

Roman, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  3. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    You can't deny something that was never begun in the first place - a decrease in meat consumption would simply mean that far lower numbers of cattle would be raised to begin with. That's equivalent to me saying that using a condom during sex is denying someone life - the life never existed in the first place.

PalSys, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  4. eStar

eStar Peon

Best Answers:
    Only you will get a good health by make a combination between meat and vegetables and all the other types of foods.

eStar, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. bob50963

bob50963 Peon

Best Answers:
    I eat tons of meat:). I eat some veggies and fruit to. But alot of meat for me then I hit the gym!

bob50963, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  6. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    These ribbs yesterday...on my BBQ...Oh my...That was good...

Codythebest, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  7. sweetpea

sweetpea Peon

Best Answers:
    I love chicken way too much. =))

sweetpea, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  8. Jester238

Jester238 Peon

Best Answers:
    as far as the "we have been eating meat since the cavemen days" argument goes, it's bs. Lol. Here's the thing. Cavemen hunted animals with spears and stone tipped arrows. We don't do this anymore. It is clear that the way we consume meat today is NOT how nature intended it. The United State is hideously obese as a country. It's really quite disturbing. I am a vegetarian and I don't generally preach, and I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone in general. However, look at the average life expectancy of the typical vegetarian and then lok at the life expectancy of a typical meat eater. The difference can be as great as 10 years! Plus, if you say that vegetarian food isn't good, you have never really tried many of the dishes we prepare. I would suggest that anyone who does not know very much about vegeterianism A) read the OP's article and B) check out the wikipedia entry for vegetariansim. The American Dietic Association has confirmed that it is a healthier life style.

Jester238, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  9. Ikaruga

Ikaruga Active Member

Best Answers:
    For every animal you don't eat, I'll eat 3.

I'm not giving up meat when I need to be cramming in 200gs of protein everyday. Sorry.

Ikaruga, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  10. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    A 1999 metastudy[51] compared six major studies from western countries. The study found that the mortality ratio was the lowest in fish eaters (0.82) followed by vegetarians (0.84) and occasional meat eaters (0.84) and which was then followed by regular meat eaters (1.0) and vegan (1.0) [8].

Fish eaters live the longest, vegans and regular meat eaters the shortest, vegetarians and occasional meat eaters the same.

All it shows is moderation is the key.

Roman, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  11. dmitry911

dmitry911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you wussies... go eat your veggies and watch your testosterone levels drop significantly. Don't be surprised if your voice becomes high pitched later on.

Not surprised a lot of guys here are vegetarians...
    If you want to stay a skinny little dork... then don't eat meat.

If you're saying that meat is replaceable with soy protein... thats a BAD alternative. Read up on soy... it poisons your testicles.

Everyone should eat meat-- even women. (Estrogen levels drop in their case, estrogen goes up for the guys)

Thank you,
    Dmitry.

dmitry911, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  12. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah...It poisons your testicles...:D

Codythebest, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  13. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    Bravo! :) Thanks for the insight!

PalSys, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  14. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    I haven't eaten a bit of meat in over a year and I weigh a steady well-toned 190 lbs. I'm not sure about my testosterone levels but you could ask my wife ;)

PalSys, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  15. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hey, how much you bench?

ahkip, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  16. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    They call 'em isoflavones or phytoestrogen, and they're mostly found in high protein veggies like wheat and soy. Ironically, someone who eats vegan and someone who eats a lot of fast food would end up consuming a lot of these. (They both use veggie protein to simulate real meat, after all)

korr, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  17. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm totally a meat eater. I can stand if no meat on the dining table for me. I do eat vegs but not that much as meat though.

just imagine the picture of 1/2 pounds steaks Well done, rim a bit burnt with sauces on the top of the grill. oh man!

tradeya, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  18. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know meat eaten excessively is very unhealthy...but meat is great...I can't and I won't be a vegetarian;)

EvcRo, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  19. ChasingSquid

ChasingSquid Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing that I can think of that would make me stop eating meat. It just tastes WAY to good for removing it from my diet to even be considered. I know its not the best for you, but you only live once.

ChasingSquid, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  20. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Your article is bias and many parts untrue.

Such as:

This was just a couple of years ago that I was unable to get fresh spinach on my Subway sandwiches.
    http://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2006/september/

Christians believe that Jesus was God in human form. They believe that he performed no sin in his life, correct? If this is the case, we also know that Jesus ate animals throughout his life. To think that eating animals makes you less of any christian is absurd.

I just don't buy this. I'm a man, I can only eat so much salad. You're offering "tofu" as a alternative that is supposed to be good. More power to ya, but I absolutely despise these types of articles who try to get me to live my life the way that you want me to live it, which in my opinion is silly to be honest.

PHPGator, Feb 19, 2008 IP