1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6 Reasons to Stop Eating Meat Today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PalSys, Feb 15, 2008.

?

Vegetarian or Meat Eater?

1. Vegetarian

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Meat Eater

30 vote(s)
    69.8%
    An article I finished up earlier today for my blog, I thought I'd share it with everyone :) Click the link below to check out the full article - especially if you're a meat eater! :D

Despite the fact that vegetarianism is clearly the most ethical, most sustainable and most healthy choice of diet there is, the vast majority of the world’s people continue to consume animal meat at an alarming rate. I firmly believe that education preempts insight and that insight leads to positive change, so here are six excellent reasons to stop eating meat today.

Click here for the full article - Digg it if you like it!

PalSys, Feb 15, 2008 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  2. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a veggie but I am trying to avoid meat slowly this year. So maybe 2-3 months I might turn veggie or even vegan!! :)
    The article has good point.
    Thank for sharing and btw.. nice pic in the end..

Regards

digitalduke, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  3. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    I thought the pic was pretty funny! It definitely is a major change but I really found it to be far easier than I thought it would be and the health benefits are huge, even just in the way your body feels from minute to minute.

PalSys, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  4. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    I need at least a pound of meat a day! What do you use for protein, wheat, soy, beans? Those veggies rip up my digestive and auto-immune systems so I stick to rice potatoes and greens. I agree that eliminating problematic foods can make you feel a lot better every minute of the day, but I don't think there's any one diet that can work for everyone.

korr, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  5. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    I eat whole grain rice and bread, beans, tons of raw fruits and veggies, soy milk and "mock" meat in the form of a veggie burger when I eat out - I'm not due for a physical for a while yet but I feel great :)

PalSys, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  6. James.

James. Guest

Best Answers:
    I've recently become vegetarian :)

James., Feb 15, 2008 IP
  7. eSpenders.com

eSpenders.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I eat meat just don't eat hoofed animals I Mostly eat seafood !
    No Dairy (other than primo goat chz) No Sugar other Than Fruit!
    No caffeine other than Tea

eSpenders.com, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  8. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    It is all about how one consumes and control on consumption. Veges alone cant give all the neccessary nutrients and vitamins to a full extent your body needs nor the meat can alone give all the nutrients. A combo is required.

Education will lead to knowing the outcome of over consuming (diseases that can result from obesity, etc...) and has no correlation between uneducated person being meat eater. Yes eating meat can be harmful with no control but it does not not cause harm.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with meat eaters or vegetarians.. we are all after all evolved from endosymbiotic events. :)

kaung, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  9. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    A combo is most definitely not required; raw fruits and veggies along with whole grains, wheats, and soy based products offer far more in the way or protein and raw minerals than meat does. The only difference really is that vegetarians have to be a little bit more choosy in what they eat in order to ensure that they are getting everything they need.

From a spiritual and ethical standpoint, eating meat is simply not the best choice for us personally, our world, our culture and economy, the environment or our fellow beings - in my humble opinion :)

PalSys, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  10. domainloco.net

domainloco.net Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am trying to quit eating all this junk because it is obvious that being a vegetarian is healthier.

domainloco.net, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  11. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    True combo isnt neccessary but keep in mind that vegetarian deit and a carnivore diet have a huge difference. Vege diet does not contain full extent of thebody building materials/minerals/vitamins as a carnivore diet. Additionally the main protein essential is found mostly in red meat, and in meat-free diet to get the same amount one have to consume many times fold.

Also without control both diets can form increase in weights; excessive intake of carbohydrates.

true it is not right to kill and eat living things but keep in mind that plants are also living organisms and all animals evolve in the same way, we all have common ancestors bilogically. Veges are not truely non-living eaters if one would go deep.. :)

kaung, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  12. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not a voracious meat eater, I take meat once a week. Planning to become a veg as I age.
    I want to share something that I have seen on a billboard explaining about the importance of becoming a vegetarian.
    Picture of a tiger was drawn on the billboard and it was named as Man Eater (A man eater is the name assigned to a tiger which has developed the habit of killing and eating human beings). Next to the tiger was the photograph of a gentleman (a non vegetarian, of course!) named Animal Eater!!

dairyman, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  13. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Humm...A nice rabbit on my BBQ the sunday afternoon...And a duck with oranges...Oh Yeah...A big T-bone well done with BBQ sauce with some nice baby ribs...Hummm...

Can't wait next sunday...Hummm...

Codythebest, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  14. coolbeans

coolbeans Peon

Best Answers:
    I see something gross and I lose my appetite quickly so I don't eat anything.

coolbeans, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  15. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:

Heeeey!! Plants have feelings too. ;)

korr, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  16. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I am an omnivore. I love eating meat but I do make it a point to eat as much vegetables and fresh fruits as often as possible for a balanced diet.

cool_78, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  17. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lol without animal proteine is no good

Anyway i am against vegetarian i find it stupid and olso the food is not so good i had a GF witch was vegetarian and ofen i eated at her so i eated vegetarian food bleah ...

w3bmaster, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  18. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    There are many vegetarian friendly foods that offer more omega and short chain fatty acids that any meat on Earth. As far as plants are concerned, of course they are living organisms! Their biology, however, does not allow for sentience.

Same as above. Plants most definitely do have feelings, but they are not sentient.

Not sure exactly what you're getting at there but vegetarianism, at least as far as health is concerned, is actually quite intelligent! :)

PalSys, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  19. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    is there are anything that is not stupid to you in this world?

ahkip, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  20. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    You guys go turn vegetarian. More meat for me! :D

mightyb, Feb 15, 2008 IP