1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is clayton makepeace legit? monthly service

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sportsfan, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I am thinking of signing of for his easy writers club which costs $66 per month. My friend said this would shorten my learning curve. Anyone know of him? He is affiliated with Awai, i believe, but i've seen their name slurred and mentioned in the same breath as scam, so i'm not sure.

here is the link http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/online-store/easywriters-marketing-club.html

sportsfan, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  2. GlobalGamingNews

GlobalGamingNews Banned

Best Answers:
    I could not imagine paying almost $70 per month to get writing tips from a "Chief Honcho" biker going by the name of Clayton Makepeace. Even if his offer is legitimate and valid, the whole prospect just sounds too comical to take seriously.

GlobalGamingNews, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  3. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I've heard of him and AWAI.

As to worth it, that depends on what you're actually trying to do. And just learning copywriting wouldn't be an answer, because it's a broad field.

I'd ask yourself just why you feel the need to spend $66 monthly. Are you trying to become a copywriter? And if so, what type and what will you do?

That said, if you've got the cash, I guess think about it. Heck, I just joined some membership site program for $50 and monthly re-bills to see if they knew anything I didn't.

As far as I'm concerned, every successful (or those that want to be) businessperson must devote X% of their revenue to education. Just watch what you spend it on though. :)

marketjunction, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  4. NextDay-Copy

NextDay-Copy Peon

Best Answers:
    Clayton Makepeace is one of the most highly regarded copywriters in the country.

Yes, you can learn lots from him.

But why sign up for the Easy Rider Club? First just check out the site.
    There is tons of valuable FREE content on the site.

I'm amazed at the stuff they've put up there.

They also have a forum.

Good stuff!

NextDay-Copy, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  5. sportsfan

sportsfan Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend, who has been studying copywriting for about 2 years, told me that in order to make big bucks in this business, you have to spend money on the learning courses, newsletters, etc. He said that unless i do the same, I can't count on making good money doing it. However, from what some of you are saying, this doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone else chime in with their thoughts on this?

sportsfan, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  6. John N

John N Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Sportsfan,

You can get one month's worth of materials from the Easywriters Marketing Club for FREE. No sign-up required, no one asks for your email address, credit card or anything else.

Over the Holidays we gave out an entire issue of The Screaming Eagle print newsletter, an audio interview with Joe Sugarman and an hour long webinar with Clayton and Bob Bly on how to write headline

I just joined the forum so can't post live links but you can cut and paste these into your browser.

The newsletter is on writing bullets and you won't find a more comprehensive resources anywhere.
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/happy_holidays/ScreamingEagleIssue1.pdf​

And here's the Ride-a-along of swipes and examples of specific techniques the newsletter discusses so you can see how they work in successful controls.
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/happy_holidays/RideAlongIssue1.pdf ​

You can get your webinar on how to write headlines by going here:
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/clayton-makepeace/cheers.html​

And you can listen to a Roadhouse Rant interview with Joe Sugarman here

http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/clayton-makepeace/ho-ho-ho-more-holiday-gifts.html​

Judge for yourself if you want to join the club.

It's not for everybody and we don't want people to be disappointed if they join so there's always a full refund available.

I know a ton of very successful copywriters and they're all self-education addicts.

But is the Easywriters club something you personally need right now? I don't know, only you can answer that.

If you HAVEN'T read through the free archives at www.makepeacetotalpakage.com, www.thegaryhalbertletter.com and at www.bencivengabullets.com then the answer might be no.

The Easywriters Club is for working copywriters, marketers and business owners who can put the stuff to use today. Anyone learning for learning's sake would be wasting their money.

Hope that helps,
    John Newtson
    The Total Package

John N, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  7. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious...where did you hear that from?

Perry Rose, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  8. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From Clayton. ;)

It's all about the self-promotion.

Everyone thinks they are John Caples.

It's not really money as it is time and practice. Oh, and what you're actually learning.

I wrote my first ad when I was about 10 (I used to place classifieds to sell off toys and stuff) and I'm about to hit 35 (crap).

I've never purchased anything from any of these guys. I bought that AWAI course, but haven't looked at it and don't need it to be honest. And yes, I've made more than two cents.

You can be the best writer in the world, but if you don't know how to sell, kiss your ass goodbye. For this reason, I'd spend some time learning about people. Learn why they buy, what triggers decisions, etc.

If you can't sell, you're just a swiping monkey that will probably end up writing this headline:

They laughed when I sat down at the piano, but when I started to play . . .

or

They laughed when I said I'd make $2.8 million with my Internet business in one year, but when I showed them my tax report . . .

Yawn.

marketjunction, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  9. aja-promoters

aja-promoters Peon

Best Answers:
    I have very good experience with AWAI but no knowledge about

thewww.makepeacetotalpackage.com/online-store/easywriters-marketing-club.htm

if they are attached with AWAI then it has to be good. Well, a site for me to

refer, thanks anyway.

aja-promoters, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  10. Clayton Makepeace

Clayton Makepeace Guest

Best Answers:
    "Going by the name of 'Clayton Makepeace'" -- priceless!

First, let me just say that I recommend that you DO NOT join my EasyWriters Marketing Club. It's for advanced direct marketers and copywriters only. It's pretty intense: Each month, members get a 20-page high-level copywriting tutorial ... a live one-hour coaching session ... and a CD interview with leading lights like Joe Sugarman, Ted Nicholas, Pat Corpora, Brian Kurtz, Brian Clark, Michel Fortin, Rich Schefren and many others.

I do, however, STRONGLY recommend that you take full advantage of the nearly 400 free articles on our website. I may be biased, but I think you'll get more career-boosting ideas and advice out of them than you'll find anywhere else. In fact, you might find yesterday's article particularly illuminating: http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/clayton-makepeace/web-bums-beggars-and-deadbeats.html/

Fact is, we're just here to help -- any way we can. But I certainly understand your skepticism -- Lord knows there are plenty of phonies online. So allow me to introduce myself -- or rather, allow me to introduce you to some of the world's top marketers who will introduce me to you ...

Ever hear of Drayton Bird? The worldwide creative director of Ogilvy & Mather Direct -- the world's largest direct marketing agency?

David Ogilvy once said "Drayton Bird knows more about direct response marketing than anyone else alive."

Drayton Bird says ...

‘Clayton Makepeace should be banned.

‘I have been at this game far longer than him, written three books and well over 1,000 articles about it, taught people in 41 countries. But every time I read his stuff, I realise I still have a lot to learn.

‘The man is infuriating.’

"Clayton, this is one of the best things I have read in many, many years of writing copy. I only wish I was as smart as you!”

The late great Gary Halbert said ...

"I've admired Clayton Makepeace's copywriting genius ever since I finally met him in Provo, Utah way back when he was writing for the hard money crowd."

Gary Bencivenga -- revered by his friends as "Legendary Gary" says ...

“I will pay Clayton Makepeace the highest compliment anyone can say about a copywriter. He is a Master Closer in Print.

“And you needn’t take my word for this. Just get hold of one of his masterful sales pieces and see for yourself.

“Notice how he immediately grabs the attention of his prospects with a riveting headline they cannot ignore.

“Observe how he quickly seduces them into reading further.

“See how well he has researched and understands his prospects’ deepest yearnings, greatest fears, common assumptions, even the very vernacular they speak, so he seems like one of them, a kindred spirit, and not a slick salesman reaching for their wallet.

“Then watch how he thoroughly raises and answers every objection his prospects are likely to voice, until there is nothing left to do but buy. And then stand back and see how this master deftly closes the sale with a flourish, building a powerful sense of urgency and presenting a risk-free offer virtually impossible to resist.

“Notice these things and then realize this: Most super salespeople in other fields can perform their selling mastery on only one prospect at a time. But Clayton, with his written words, can work his closing magic simultaneously on ten thousand people a day, or a million. That’s why he is in such demand and always will be until the day he lays down his pen.”

Gary's former mentor, the legendary Dan Rosenthal says ...

“Clayton’s awesome. Most have forgotten the days when Clayton’s copy powered Blanchard & Co from a pipsqueak to a giant among the gold dealers. Clayton’s copy sold hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold at huge mark-ups.

“More recently, I’ve seen him take on a financial newsletter with circulation about 25,000 and single-handedly build it to 115,000 in a couple of years. And then maintain circ at that level even when the market went against the newsletter. His copy was so good, sometimes I would just shake my head in wonder: It seemed unreal that anybody could write so well.”

Jim Rutz, who commands a flat fee of $100,000 for each direct mail promo he writes, says ...

“If a client asked me to write a package and said that I would be going up against Clayton Makepeace, I’d e-mail them saying I’m on a canoe expedition in the upper Amazon.”

More from six- and seven-figure writers (many of them former protoges of mine) ...

“Clayton Makepeace is more than just a great copywriter. He’s the originator of response-boosting techniques that are used by many of the top pros.

“I had the great fortune of apprenticing with Clayton early in my career, and the lessons he taught me have earned me millions of dollars.”

— PARRIS A. LAPROPOULOS

“I consider Clayton Makepeace one of the modern masters of direct marketing.

“Every time I talk to him, it’s like gold — I learn so much that’s helped me become a top copywriter. He’s so good he could sell ice to an Eskimo!”

— KENT KOMAE

“When I read my copy and say ‘this sounds like something Clayton would write’ — I know I have a winner!

“Clayton Makepeace is my copy hero. I’ve seen his copy triple and even quadruple response. I had the privilege of being his copy cub and he encouraged me to give freelancing a shot. So when I sit by my pool or treat my family to luxurious vacations and great gifts, I honestly say in my heart, ‘Thanks Clayton!’”

— CARLINE ANGLADE-COLE

“I’ve worked closely with Clayton Makepeace on dozens of copywriting projects over a decade. He is, quite simply, the hardest-working, most creative, certainly most productive copywriter I have ever met.

“What I enjoy the most about Clayton is that he is a natural writer, who somehow takes a child-like joy in writing clearly and with panache. After more than 30 years in this business, Clayton will still call you up and read portions of his latest promotion, excited as all get-out with the persuasive power of ordinary words.

“No, there are very few real gurus in this business… people who really know what they’re doing… but Clayton is one of them, someone to whom any marketing professional worth his or her salt should listen.”

-- ROBERT HUTCHINSON

“Clayton’s direct mail packages have generated tens of millions of dollars in sales and profits for a variety of clients.

“I’ve had the privilege of working with Clayton on a dozen or so projects over the last three years and I’ve been repeatedly astonished by his unique ability to generate big ideas virtually on-demand.

“And when you combine that with the clear, compelling, and persuasive sales copy he writes, you’ve got a recipe that generates successful sales letter after successful sales letter.

“If you sell or market products of any kind, you owe it to yourself and your business to listen to what Clayton has to say. You’ll be wiser — and wealthier — for the experience.”

— BRAD PETERSON

Still more -- from clients ...

“Clayton Makepeace is more than just a great copywriter. He is a world-class marketing consultant… a gifted business advisor… and one of the best strategic thinkers I have ever known.

“In 1998, Clayton came to me with an idea for a new newsletter, then wrote several direct mail packages that quickly sold 40,000 subscriptions.

“Next, Clayton came to my office, turned things upside down and created a kick-butt marketing machine that enabled us to keep strong packages in the mail for all of our newsletter products.

“Then, he created promotions that quadrupled the active subscriber base to Safe Money Report over a three-year period — and made Safe Money Report the largest $99 newsletter in the industry, with 105,000 paid subscribers.

“Finally, Clayton helped us brainstorm new products for sale to our subscribers and contributed multi-step campaigns that generated as much as $5 million in sales in as little as six weeks.

“Most recently, Clayton spent 17 days in my offices creating a system for pumping e-campaigns out the door, then wrote a web-based sales campaign for Safe Money Report that generated 13 times greater response than previous efforts.

“My advice: When Clayton Makepeace talks, I listen. I’d advise you to do the same.”

— MARTIN D. WEISS, PH.D., OWNER/CEO, WEISS RESEARCH, INC.

“Clayton is famous for the selling power of his copy. But his marketing ideas have proven to be every bit as powerful for many of his clients.

“At several junctures in the growth of The Money Show, Clayton provided key strategies and copy that helped us take our enterprise to the next level.

“His ideas for adding sponsors -- and his strategies for attracting the big names -- have resulted in a BIG improvement in our revenues and bottom line, and have helped make The Money Show the world’s #1 forum for active investors.”

-- KIM GITHLER, OWNER/CEO, THE MONEY SHOW

“Clayton Makepeace is one of the world’s elite copywriters… there are only a few in the select group that Boardroom classifies as the ‘A+ writers’… and Clayton has been in that group for a very long time.

“He has the distinction of writing the first magalog that became a control for us which was one of our biggest breakthroughs… and it was the first in a long line of breakthroughs and blockbuster controls that has helped Boardroom be the leader in the markets we cover.”

— BRIAN KURTZ, EXECUTIVE VP, BOARDROOM INC, TARGET MARKETING'S MARKETER OF THE YEAR, 2007

“Words such as ‘good’ or ‘great don't come close to describing Clayton Makepeace.

“Clayton, a 33-year direct-response veteran, has written multi-million-dollar controls for Boardroom, Phillips, Rodale, Weiss Research, and many other top direct marketing firms.

“Clayton helped turn a $10 million a year company into a more than $120 million a year company, and did equivalent jobs for several other companies.

“For example, a direct-mail promotion Clayton wrote brought in over 2 million subscribers…with a letter that mailed to 90 million names. That's almost three times the population of California. (Imagine the royalties on that mailing!)

“From 1982-1983, he wrote and designed direct-mail packages that generated 120,000 paying subscribers for The Money Advocate financial newsletter, and then created back-end campaigns that sold $120 million worth of rare coins per year.

"From 1998-2004, while working with Weiss Research, he helped create sales campaigns that generated up to $5 million in revenues in as little as six weeks.

"Clayton helped turn a $10 million a year company into a more than $120 million a year company, and did equivalent jobs for several other companies.

"For example, a direct-mail promotion Clayton wrote brought in over 2 million subscribers…with a letter that mailed to 90 million names. That's almost three times the population of California. (Imagine the royalties on that mailing!)

"Another letter he wrote is currently mailing to a minimum of 10 million names.

“Bob Bly says, "Clayton makes more money than anybody I know in copywriting. And he's one of the fastest writers around.”

-- WILL NEWMAN, COPYWRITING COACH, AWAI

"There are tons of promoters teaching 'how to make a million dollars in marketing and copywriting' online whose only successes are selling programs on how to make a million dollar in marketing and copywriting; they have never sold anything else.

“Clayton, on the other hand, is the real deal, having proven himself the master at selling dozens of products and services through his powerful copy and marketing strategies, from investment newsletters to vitamins.

“Let me tell you the truth: Clayton’s copy is so effective, his clients pay him more money than any other copywriter I know of (well over a million dollars a year). He is, without a doubt, one of the top three copywriters (maybe THE top copywriter) in the world."

-- BOB BLY, AUTHOR, THE COPYWRITER'S HANDBOOK

“Clayton Makepeace not only created one of the most successful promotional packages for Phillips Publishing, he helped us launch an entire health company!

“His promotional launch package for Health & Healing mailed 90 million pieces over three years and generated hundreds of thousands of new subscribers. He was also our ‘go to’ man when we needed to hit the ground running with several other launches in the health as well as the investment companies.”

— TOM PHILLIPS, PRESIDENT AND CHAIRMAN, PHILLIPS INTERNATIONAL, INC.

“The best-in-the-business copywriter — with income of well into seven figures per year --is Clayton Makepeace. What makes him tops? Quite simply, he has sold more product than any other copywriter alive today.

"Clayton has written multi-million-dollar controls for Boardroom, Phillips, Rodale, Weiss Research, and many other top direct marketing firms.”

--The Golden Thread

So it's nice to meet you all. Now -- how can I help?

Please DO NOT buy anything from me. Not now. First, devour the nearly 400 articles -- thousands upon thousands of pages packed with fantastic response-boosting ideas and advice on our site.

P.S. Lurk all you like -- no e-mail addy or registration required.

Clayton Makepeace, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  11. Stephen Dean

Stephen Dean Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha. Nice Clayton.

To everyone else...

I'm a copywriter. I've been a member of EasyWriter's since it started. It's one of the best copywriting resources I've ever seen. His blog is amazing.

Furthermore, it's amazing that more people didn't know who Clayton was... and how dang good his stuff is.

Stephen Dean
    stephensblog.com

Stephen Dean, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  12. Mike-Bell

Mike-Bell Peon

Best Answers:
    I joined the Easywriter's Marketing Club recently for two reasons.

Firstly Clayton Makepeace is highly regarded by some of the biggest marketing and copywriting names in the world. That's a good enough reason in itself.

Secondly there's so much marketing material out there, much of it free, that I couldn't get my head around how to organise it in terms of a learning programme. When Easywriters arrives I let the answer machine take care of the phone, I open the envelope, read it, listen to the CD and then put it in a ring binder for future reference. It's the ultimate marketing and copywriting course.

It stimulates ideas, teaches me things I didn't previously know and reminds me of things I've forgotten (I'm unfortunately at an age where I sometimes think I've forgotten more than I now know).

Is it worth $66 a month? Absolutely. If I learn only one new technique or get one new idea a month it's worth every penny.

Heavens, $66 is only about £37 in real money!

Mike Bell

Mike-Bell, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  13. noelhawkes

noelhawkes Peon

Best Answers:
    Once in a while an opportunity presents itself, unrivalled in both the individuals reputation and knowledge of the copywriting marketplace. You obviously havent looked through Claytons website and the archives to be asking such a question. In my opinion both Clayton and Drayton Bird rank at one and two in this elie profession. For Clayton to offer his and his teams expertise for $66 a month thats a measly $2.16 cents a day or $1. 13 in the morning and another in the afternoon. Tell me what else you could buy for this?

Like any membership what you put in you will get back out and in Claytons case tenfold, but to live the dream it demands a matched individual to seize, cultivate it and maximise the overall chance it affords its recipient. If you are serious about copywriting then this is for you as no other site I have come across over the years offers anywhere near the content on a daily base and a treasuretrove bestowed in its archives.

Do yourself the biggest favour.......

Get out your credit card, join and reap the benifits that Easwriters Club has in store. It will (not may) change your life and prosperity for ever.

Noel

noelhawkes, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  14. lmatisse

lmatisse Peon

Best Answers:
    Being a new copywriter, I appreciate learning from people who are out there already doing it and succeeding. Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I want to avoid all the mistakes I can. That said...

I have learned a lot from Michael Masterson, Clayton Makepeace, and Chris Marlow. I have found every penny I have used to purchase a program from AWAI is as valuable as the time I put into it. It is not an overnight success - genie in a bottle type program. I have to work at gaining the knowledge.

If you do not want to pay the $66 for it, then don’t. What do you spend $66 a month for now? Gas to the job you dislike? A night out to forget (and complain) about the people you work with? It is your choice what to do with your money. But to complain about it before actually doing something is pointless. Is $66 worth the chance? If you don't like it after the first month, do not go back. Cancel your subscription. It is a $66 lesson. Nothing more.

Lori

lmatisse, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  15. HardHittingAdCopy

HardHittingAdCopy Peon

Best Answers:
    SportsFan--

Listen, I rarely… if ever… post responses in forums.

Frankly, and at the risk of sounding like a braggart – my time is too valuable.

As a freelance copywriter, I am juggling copywriting projects 6 days a week… with no end in sight.

But I felt compelled to jump in here, and set the record straight:

Clayton Makepeace is one of the best... period.

In fact, Clayton’s newsletter is one of the few I still read on a daily basis… and the ONLY newsletter subscription that has survived my hair-trigger “unsubscribe” impulse for well over 2 years now.

The guy is a living legend, and everything that comes out of his mouth is pure copywriting gold.

I don’t care who you are…

If you have a burning desire to write persuasive copy… that will practically force customers to whip out their wallet and give you their hard earned cash… then don’t be fooled… spending 66 bucks a month on Clayton’s program is one of the cheapest investments you can make in your future.

Seriously, how many hard is it to recoup $66 a month in either sales, or in copywriting fees?

It’s a “No Brainer” in my opinion.

As far as I am concerned Clayton can call himself, “Head Honcho”, “Biker Badass”… or even “Might Mouse” – As long as he continues to deliver the goods!

Hope this help,

Brandon

HardHittingAdCopy, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  16. gerardleblond

gerardleblond Guest

Best Answers:
    10 years ago the top 5 copywriters were:

John Carlton, Ted Nicholas, Joseph Sugarman, Gary Halbert, and Gary Bencivenga.

Today that list would be:

John Carlton, Gary Bencivenga, Clayton Makepeace, Brian Keith Voiles and Russ Phelps.

"Ye Shall Be Judged By The Company Ye Keep." If this dictum is true than Clayton Makepeace is someone to take seriously when considering successful copywriters.

Consider this: Clayton has been able to parlay his successful marketing skills, that he honed working for big direct marketing firms, to the point where he can now afford to operate a large and dynamic business around his expertise.

His business is a marketing firm that employs dozens of people. Furthermore,

He has more business offers than he can handle.

That's a nice position for any business owner to have.

His website, TheTotalPackage.com has the perfect title insofar as it promises a complete coverage of the field of direct response marketing.

From: marketing strategy, product development, product creation outsourcing, product packaging, advertising layout and graphics, follow-up mailings, list building, headline testing, copy testing, control testing, large-scale roll-outs, order fulfillment outsourcing and customer service outsourcing....

It's the "Total Package" of products and services that a business would want to meet their marketing needs.

That's what Clayton Makepeace and his crew offer.

Not only that, but he has a stable of former students, who are successful copywriters with their own businesses. These people are part of his Rolodex file and he can contact any one of them to work on parts of a client's advertising package.

Meanwhile, while running a super successful marketing company, he gives away tons of valuable information for marketing students via his website: TheTotalPackage.com

His site's article archives become larger by the week as articles, written by guest marketing experts, provide valuable commentaries and lessons on a regular basis.

If you aren't ready to buy any of his big ticket courses, offered at his website, you can't go wrong by simply signing on to his email list for daily notification of new articles that appear free for the taking on his website.

Clayton is a "Rock Star" amongst today's best crop of copywriters.

Respectfully,
    Gerard LeBlond

gerardleblond, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  17. copycopy

copycopy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sportsfan!

Let’s see. Is Clayton a scam? It depends. If people think that someone who…

• Lets you in on the secrets of the best response-boosting ads that are working right now so that you can apply them to your own
    • Gives you access to live interviews and Q&A calls every month with people who started where you are and are now at the top of their game ready to share their tricks and secrets with you
    • Delivers a 20 page hard copy, jam packed and outrageously valuable newsletter to your door every month
    • Blows open the door on the secrets for doubling or even tripling your income from one single project
    • Tells and shows you what the top direct marketers are doing on and offline today and how you can copy them to rein in your own cash cow

is a scam. Then, sign me up!

So, Clayton Makepeace a scam? Scandalous! But not a chance. Though it probably would’ve made a pretty interesting story.

In an online world where everyone’s out to “get rich quick” and happily separate you from your hard earned cash to do it, Clayton is the real deal. It’s simply not possible to find anyone out there who is providing more valuable, insightful, and whip smart information to his readers on a consistent basis. And that’s even for the free stuff! (Which quite frankly I'd recommend you try first - you can find out what you think of him for free by just checking out http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com)

And no, I’m not a plant. But I am a fan. In the past 7 or 8 years I’ve signed up for a gazillion e-zines and feeds but none of them come close to what Clayton has to offer. I never miss a post or article, whether from his pen or one of his guest writers. He’s still out there in the trenches every day doing exactly what he’s telling us to do. He surrounds himself with the top writers and marketers out there and he consistently over-delivers on every promise he makes.

That’s tough to find these days in an age where we have self anointed “gurus” on every corner touting their one big success!

But, the best thing about being a part of the Total Package Family is that you actually feel like these are people you’ve been sitting down to dinner with for years. They are generous with their time, their information and while they are raking in the dough, that’s simply a byproduct of their bigger goal – which is to help copywriters and marketers get to the top.

It’s called the Total Package because that’s what it is. Complete, absolute, all inclusive and unconditional.

I’m not sure who’s claiming Clayton isn’t legit and if I were you, I’d check anything out before I gave them permission to suck from my bank account every month too, but I assure you, $66.00 is a steal for what you get. And, you’ll come away from it with loads more. If what you said is true, you want to shorten your learning curve, I’d say get going. Times a waste’n.

Best,

Melani Ward
    www.20pointcopycritique.com
    www.melaniward.com

copycopy, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  18. richthewriterguy

richthewriterguy Peon

Best Answers:
    If you've never heard of Clayton Makepeace or think his stuff is bogus then you're WAY out of the loop. The guy is a legend in the copywriting business. He's up there with greats like Gary Bencivenga or Bob Bly or Michael Masterson (who is one of the great & legendary copywriters behind AWAI, which is a great school with great courses).

Just because you get to see the gear head image of Makepeace next to his Harley, that doesn't mean he's not absolutely serious about what he does. Like any copywriter worth his pen, Makepeace knows how to make his writing come alive. A few bucks a month is a small price to pay for access to this genius.

But maybe the EasyWriter's Club isn't for you. Maybe you're not the kind of copywriter who is dedicated to becoming the best he can be. Maybe you're not ready for the power behind the advice Makepeace gives out.

The bottom line is this - are you willing to sit at the feet of one of the greatest minds in creative copywriting and learn. But not just learn, implement the ideas that he gives you. Most people think they are and are not. You have to decide for yourself.

richthewriterguy, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  19. Kevin Rogers

Kevin Rogers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sportsfan,

I've been writing copy professionally for a just over a year now and I can tell you that Clayton Makepeace has undoubtedly shortened my learning curve.

The best information you'll get here today is to go grab those free gifts, including the free issue of Easy Writers that Clayton gave away for Christmas - (John N. Posted links in his post.)

No B.S. Sportsfan, those materials alone are enough to fill your head for an entire month. And SAVE THOSE LINKS, because I've gone back to them a few times when I've been stuck on a piece of copy and they bail me out every time.

And here's a cool tip... That free issue of The Screaming Eagle contains a great section about the different ways to write bullets (plus examples!)...

After you read the report, do what I did; cut and paste each bullet type, plus one example of how to write it into a seperate document - and keep it open when you write bullets. It makes for a great chart to remind yourself how to keep your bullets fresh.

If you're new, but serious, about copywriting, Sportsfan, (and yes it is the greatest job in the world for people who enjoy writing and money) here's what you're going to find...

The more you learn by doing, the more you're going to need solid guidance to help you reach new levels.

The incredible thing about copywriting is the many layers of persuasion that go into a letter.

In the beginning, you'll be worrying about the basics, i.e. headlines, subheads, length, message, style, tone etc.

Then, as you start to get that down, you'll start to realize there is another layer beneath that one where the phrasing of your sentences have a major effect on the reader's mindset...

And another layer beyond that where deeper layers of NLP style persuasion are in effect, and it goes on and on.

It's truly fascinating, and none of us will ever be finished learning the craft because the marketing climate is always changing, and there are always new ways to perform old tricks.

So, having access to a genuine master of all these techniques - one who is ridiculously generous about taking you behind the curtain and reveling what's inside his magic case - is about as important a tool for copywriters as the very keyboard you type on.

And if you have any doubt about whether you're getting the man himself when you read his material... Consider that although he has a ton of obligations and makes many, many millions of dollars each year, he took time to come here today and answer you personally.

Having said ALL THAT... I think you should take Clayton's own advice to you and NOT join The Easy Writer's Club just yet. Much of it may be lost on you at this level. (I don't say that to be insulting or presumptuous, however, the fact that you had not heard of Clayton Makepeace speaks volumes about your copywriting knowledge to this point).

But, the very second you click away from this thread, you owe it to yourself, and any future you have in this business, to go snatch up those free gifts from the links John N. provided. If you don't, then you'll know copywriting isn't for you.

Best to you for a bright future.

Kevin Rogers, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  20. letsryan

letsryan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a new copywriter, only hired nine months ago to write for Agora (which, if you know copywriting, there's a good chance you know us).

The first day I arrived at the job, they gave me three instructions:

1. Work through the AWAI copywriter's course (which they provided us)

2. Read through the extensive reading list (with titles like Breakthrough Advertising, the works of Bencivenga, classics from Halbert...)

3. Sign up for the Makepeace newsletter, and devour it daily.

I can tell you, from inside the industry, Clayton is one of the top guys out there.

But, as others have said, don't take anyone's word for it. Read the free articles (I've never done more myself). Try the advice. See if it makes sense to you.

Just give it a shot, and go from there. I'm guessing you'll be convinced - and truth of the matter, you'll probably never spend a cent. You don't need to. Maybe someday you'll want to... but that's a long way off.

Just explore for now, and the answer to your question will arise organically.

letsryan, Mar 7, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.