1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$900 Budget, Still Looking for writers, any recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Paypalz, Feb 10, 2008.

Hello,

We require an American Native to write articles for our website, as it will be targeted to Americans.

I want to give topic of a Sample article, which should pass copy space, and have 800 - 1000 words. ( Which would work as sample for your work )

If the article is passed, we will get you the order of whole 300 articles together. for a negotitated price with you.

I want a sample article to be completed in less then 24 hours, so whole order can be provided to the candidate with 50% advance payment atmost by paypal / egold / MB.

I did not post this thread in BST, as i am looking for recommendations, from people who have previously hired such people here, and have performed well.

Anyways, if you think you can send sample article; to the topic we provide to you in by PM, in American Native Accent, feel free to PM me.

All recommendations are appriciated here :)

Paypalz, Feb 10, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  2. ::TECHMAN::

::TECHMAN:: Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you've asked for "recommendations," I'll give you these:

1) Bump up your budget. No native English speaker (or a good writer of non-native origin) in his right mind would write 300 articles at $3 apiece. Even if he does, you can expect to receive really bad content.

2) If you're approaching professional writers, it's not a very good idea to insult them by asking for free samples. And even worse, you want an 800-word sample... WHAT? That's flat-out ridiculous, as I've said on PM. Not that you won't find writers willing to write you one but given your post count and all, I can't help but think for a moment that you're trying the ask-for-free-sample-and-make-away-with-it trick.

3) Even though you seem to deny it, this DOES belong in the BST section. Reason: You've posted a detailed offer and added a tiny "I did not post this thread in BST, as i am looking for recommendations" in the end.

I hope you find a writer that meets your needs. Good luck.

::TECHMAN::, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is just another example of the way this forum is going. There are more and more clients not having a good experience, yet they continue to want to pay buttons for quality work. Forget it guys you aint going to get anything approaching search engine requirements.
    I wish the content buyers in here would do some homework and realize that this place has been taken over by a bunch of college kids and part timers who think they know how to write clear concise content. But hey just keep wasting your money!

Regards
    JohnT

Wordsmith, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  4. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How could I possibly recommend a writer who would charge $3 per article? Any of those writers would be utterly awful!

Long live people who know what real content is.

monty2002, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  5. Paypalz

Paypalz Banned

Best Answers:

Correct, Budget Altered :) Got 4 offers by PM, given them topics, waiting for best worker

Paypalz, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  6. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I congratulate you on taking a step further to getting quality content, personally I would say your budget is still too low but I'm glad you have raised it now.

monty2002, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  7. smileymarketing

smileymarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Sent you a PM.

Lior Reuveni,
    Smiley Marketing.

smileymarketing, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  8. ::TECHMAN::

::TECHMAN:: Peon

Best Answers:
    Good work, PayPalz. Now, it'd be a good idea to not ask for free samples. With a budget as titanic as $2000, you can surely offer $10 for a sample. This will not only make you look a lot more professional, it'll also get you a lot more potential offers.

Cheers

::TECHMAN::, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  9. spyxx

spyxx Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not a native english, but $3 is way too cheap...

spyxx, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  10. Paypalz

Paypalz Banned

Best Answers:

Thank you for your suggestions from time to time. But i already got the job done.

Paypalz, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  11. microtekblue

microtekblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post this on a freelancer website. I have had luck finding writers at ifreelance.com

microtekblue, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  12. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    "I wish the content buyers in here would do some homework and realize that this place has been taken over by a bunch of college kids and part timers who think they know how to write clear concise content. But hey just keep wasting your money! " The same applies to freelance sites. Marketplace, not market.

SEOLinker, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  13. microtekblue

microtekblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL...well I agree this isnt the best place to find content writers...as most of the people on DP are webmasters and not writers.

microtekblue, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  14. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    And quite a few are both. ;)

internetauthor, Feb 12, 2008 IP
    the Patrician likes this.
  15. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    First, write an 800-word article for free? Then go on to write 300 more articles? For a rate of $.00375 per word? Sorry, I don't know anyone who'd be interested in that assignment.

latoya, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  16. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Paypalz, my russian guys write articles in russian for $7-8 (and no penny less) per 1000 signs. Not words. It will be 200-250 words.
    In english for $0.003-0.004 per word ??? What the point ?
    So go figure. Thankfully I have that option and not provide service for peanuts.

SEOLinker, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  17. sharqi

sharqi Guest

Best Answers:
    While you may be correct in saying the overall quality of writers on the BST forum is not fantastic, I think you are being a little narrow minded.

There are writers on this forum offering to work for very low rates for a few other reasons.
    • Building a portfolio.
    • Networking / Building contacts.
    • Gaining experience. Notably time management and workload/volume management.

I am one of these people, and I know of at least 2 others with similar aims/goals.

Many professional writers' portfolios, including several who post in this forum, contain both grammatical and contextual errors - nobody is perfect.

My copy may not always be worthy of a literary award , but it is clear, concise and in good English.
    Personally I am willing to work for a few cents a word, soaking a few months of financial loss in return for much needed experience.

Don't take my remarks as a flame, you just hit a nerve with me. It's simply not cool to label the entire BST content creation providers like you have.

Anyhow, back to the original topic.

sharqi, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  18. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fantastic point, Sharqi!

I absolutely love to write, and considering the success I've had in the past, I'm pretty confident that you could call it "quality".

That being said, it also struck a nerve with me when someone said that the BST section is filled with college kids writing on the cheap - hey, more power to them!

Those without a killer reputation on DP will need to write cheap for quite some time to gain the experience, portfolio, i-trader, and recommendations needed to charge the major league dollars in the future.

There is no need to get pissy about it. It's just the way things work around here. I do agree that sub quality, so-called "writers" run rampant through these forums - but they're pretty damn easy to spot in their sales post alone!

shamus, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  19. wwe_fan9417

wwe_fan9417 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    pm you waiting for your reply

wwe_fan9417, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  20. Origano

Origano Guest

Best Answers:
    $2,000 for 300 articles... may I say you won't receive quality content at all?

You're actually paying $6 per article. Say it takes 30 minutes to write one, then you're paying $12 an hour. Which is very low, especially if you want quality content.

But of course it's all up to you. You'll find enough takers, however don't say I didn't warn you!

-Dave

Origano, Feb 13, 2008 IP