1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Evolution does not state "We came from mokeys," it states that humans and monkeys shared a common ancestor. For a evangelical evolutionist your lack of understanding surprises me.

Of course, when you deny the obvious as imaginary, you're bound to get things mixed up.

Btw, people call the Bible inaccurate because they misinterpret things outside of context. Not that I would ever expect anyone to admit this.

Moncal, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  2. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Perhapes we should review the basic understanding of evolution as quoted.

You claim that a creator is obvious but yet not one "fact" has been proven in that aspect. Before you starting going on you should look up what a fact is, and the truth of it is creation AND evolution are just theories, plain and simple.

Religion over the years has had some great purposes. It helped explain things that people didn't understand. Was a great method to control a population. Was a great way to wage war in the name of someone other than the leaders themselves (observe the crusades where christians murder every single man, woman and child during the siege of Jersuslam).

Did you know over 100,000 forms of religion exist? Majority of them are just branches of each other, but in fact are different. So who is the "right" god in your eyes? To ignore the fact that as time passes and we understand things more and more that lean towards religion being nothing more than a belief is just silly.

astup1didiot, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  3. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    I think you need to research what evolution really is. It wouldn't mean we would be monkey free, we came from the "primate" family, not monkeys.

4. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    You said it, not me. I did not claim that there is empirical data to prove the existence of God. The existence of God proves itself. Think: ontological theorem-not saying its a good proof, just that it existencially is. It is true that both creation and evolution are theories. This is indisputable. The problem is that only one of them is also fact.

The difference between my belief in creation and your belief in evolution is that both are equally impossible and only one of us admits it. The theory of evolution completely ignores how life came into existence in the first place because the creation of life from nothing is quite literally impossible. I, at least, have the guts to admit that my beliefs are held on faith. I believe in the miraculous creation of something (actually quite a lot of somethings) from nothing, so my theory is plausible based on its merits.

So, I call the existence of God, a creator, obvious because when viewed with faith, it is obvious. Furthermore, if you seek empirical proof of God's existence, you probably won't find it. If you did, you'd probably just disregard it anyway.

I do not believe in "god." I believe in Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. I believe that there is one way to salvation, which is salvation through grace by faith in Jesus Christ (aka God). I believe that rejection of this grace is the only way to go to hell. I believe that this is the only truth, the other "100,000 forms of religion" are wrong.

Moncal, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  5. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    So what religon are you then?

6. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe the most meaningful term to you is "Evangelical Christian" but I think of myself as just a Christian who is a member of a missionary baptist church.

Moncal, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  7. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    Ignorance of some people amazes me.

Evolution is NOT theory. It is scientific theory.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory#Science

So evolution is a fact. And as you say, only one of them can be true, so we know the winner;)

First of all, you don't know what evolution is about because if you knew you couldn't say this.

Evolution is scientific theory about how species evolve. It isn't supposed to answer question how did the first life "come out of nothing". It wasn't meant to answer or try answering questions like that. There are other theories that try to answer how did the first life appeared. This is not what evolution is about and it clearly shows you haven't read any scientific documents regarding evolution and you are just saying things out of thin air.

What you believe in is based only on faith. I'm glad you admit it. But please when you want to discuss evolution or any scientific theory in the future, first find out what it states and understand it and then you can participate in intellectual debate.

Circular logic.

When viewed with faith, anything seems obvious:p

Your god is one of the most evil dudes around. He had no problem killing innocent children and raping women in the past and he wants to choose our destiny instead of us. Either accept Jesus as saviour or burn in hell for eternity (wait... isn't he supposed to be loving father?). Religions caused so many tortures, wars and atrocities and it is still causing them today.

It's people's ignorance. It's their lack of understanding of nature what makes them believe in supernatural creator, in fairytales described in Bible.

risoknop, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine. I think he wrote that just for you moncal.

You say your belief is a matter of faith, You can't refute any evidence presented to you and you still have the plain faced cheek and audacity to tell evolutionists that they are wrong and that you are right?!? I feel embarrassed that you even consider this to be a reasonable stance.

stOx, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  9. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find it interesting that the title of this thread is "Do YOU believe in evolution?" If this scientific theory is so well bolstered by the wisdom of men, why would anyone need to believe in it?

I will never claim to be a scientist, but I am in fact quite rational. In fact, it might surprise you to know that I'm not the least bit gullible. I'm incredibly reasonable. Evolution is just too absurd to be considered rationally.

Moncal, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  10. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, sorry for this but from most of your posts it appears to me they you aren't that incredibly reasonable.

By the way, what's so absurd about evolution? Does it seem absurd to you because you don't understand it? Or does it not fit well with your religious view?

Evolution is very well documented. It was proven over and over again by thousands of fossil records and observing microorganisms (by the way, regarding microorganisms, we can observe evolution happening right now).

On the other hand, creationists are claiming the Earth is six thousand years old (refuting all scientific evidence and data - yet they fail to prove their point by any evidence at all). They also claim that dinosaurs were put into ground by god to test their faith (at least few of them do actually claim this lol).

To me, it seems quite absurd.;)

Well, ask the one that started this topic?;)

And you don't need to believe in it. When you are so certain that evolution is false then go ahead and present your evidence for this claim to scientific community. If you were actually so certain as well as most of creationists - it wouldn't be problem for you to rebutte evolution by evidence. But you are just thinking it is absurd, and you have no logical reason for it other than your faith.

risoknop, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  11. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, the microorganisms arguement. Please tell me how a petri dish is a natural environment? The fact that something can be reproduced in a lab does not mean that it could occur naturally.

I'm not going to claim that dinosaurs never existed, nor am I going to claim that the earth is only 6000 years old. The Earth may have been here for millions of years, but not in its current form. The old form that included dinosaurs was wiped out this new form was created several thousand years ago-I hear 6000 years thrown about a lot but I could not give you an exact time frame without extensive study.

Evolution may be a viable explanation when you consider only simple organisms. That microorganism you mentioned may very well "evolve." The problem exists when you try to explain the existence of organisms with higher functions, such as Humans. The human body has too many complex systems to have occurred naturally. Take the Human eye for example. Not only is the eye itself incredibly complex, but it also requires the brain to be complex enough to make use of all the eye's ability. Evolution is not a planned or calculated process. Two interdependent systems could not have developed together and one without the other is useless and would have been left behind.

Moncal, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  12. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    From what I gather dinosaurs had eyes too, so did God create them before man, then decided to wipe them out? If not how did their eyes devolop and if so, why and why is that not in the bible?

Roman, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  13. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Actually, the Bible states it was Jesus who created all things using God's holy spirit. (Colossians 1:15-17). So, the answer to your question is "yes". Dinosaurs were created before man.

Regards,

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  14. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Must have been some evil dinosaurs then, to have God wipe them out, why would he do that?

Roman, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  15. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    We don't have any evidence to say that God did. There are some theories around that say the dinosaurs were there as part of the building up of the environment and atmosphere ready for humans. But remember this is just a theory.

16. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They were too heavy, so when they tried to get on the arch, Noah kicked them out.

Blogmaster, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  17. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Noah must have had one giant foot!!! LOL :D

18. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    I don't get why Noah didn't take the unicorns though, I mean they might have been able to hide from Noah, but surely not from God;)

Roman, Feb 11, 2008 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People can disbelieve all sorts of things even if they have overwhelming evidence. You can disbelieve that the sky looks blue if you like. You can't blame science for other peoples ignorance.

What is your basis for claiming evolution is absurd? Is it a case of you just scratching your head and saying "I don't get it"? There is nothing "rational" about claiming something is "absurd" when it has this much evidence supporting it.

stOx, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  20. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because dinosaur eyes are so completely complex as human eyes?

Moncal, Feb 11, 2008 IP