1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please suggest dedicate Server service

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Jackson_Hu, Feb 10, 2008.

Hi ALL,

I am looking for some suggestion from you about which dedicate server service is recommended ?

I used to use web hosting such as bluehost only so I have no idea which dedicate server company is good for chose ?

thanks a lot

Jackson_Hu, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  2. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    Going to dedicated server, you will need to have experience in server management. If you dont have it, you will need a managed server, or you will face trouble sometimes. And in the worst case, you will loose your customers.

Anyway, which OS do you prefer? Any preferred control panel? Preferred location?

gate2vn, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  3. buldozerceto

buldozerceto Active Member

Best Answers:
    buldozerceto, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  4. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    I am afraid that TP is not highly recommended recently with their supporting service.

Jackson_Hu: I just saw your location is Asia. Which part of Asia? For Asian countries, West coast servers seems having better performance. We always suggest Asia Pacific based customers using our DC-2 datacenter in the State of Washington. Central or East Coast is fine, but you might lost some speed

gate2vn, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  5. Jackson_Hu

Jackson_Hu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi , thank you first for the quick response . I am in Taiwan and most of the visitor to my web site is from Taiwan ,too.
    Currently I host my site in Bluehost in which I am ok with the speed .The main problem will be I am suffering the CPU overusage due to my traffic goes up day and day . I would assume sooner or latter I will be kick out ...

I use to use Cpanel as the interface .

I have two web site with 5000+ unique per day per site so what I need is to move my site to a reliable dedicate server without worring about my site been shut down suddently

6. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are in Taiwan, you will be better with server on West Coast. Please note that Bluehost limits CPU and memory a lot, so with your stats, I think you can be fine with a VPS, dont need to go up with dedicated server yet. Do you still want to keep cPanel? Or can you open for other control panels?

Just for reference: we started with cPanel, but moved to DirectAdmin and never go back. Much better choice!

gate2vn, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  7. Jackson_Hu

Jackson_Hu Peon

Best Answers:
    I think one of the key point I need to find out is the difference(CPU/memory limit) between VPS and web hosting like bluehost.

8. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    saying with vps, you can have your owned memory, CPU (especially with Xen-based vps), meanwhile with shared host like Bluehost, all CPU and memory are shared for all accounts. So, if one account on that server is abused, the whole server will be effected. Also, if you pay attention to what Bluehost offers, and compare with others, you can see Bluehost oversell too much. By that way, they will need to limit CPU, memory usage of each process to minimal.

Ask yourself again, do you really need that much disk space and transfer every month?

gate2vn, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  9. adam@thevpsguy

adam@thevpsguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you will have to take a look at your actual bandwidth utilisation, in order to figure out what kind of VPS/dedicated server you will need, as VPS providers oversell bandwidth far less than shared hosts.

adam@thevpsguy, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  10. webhostingset

webhostingset Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a budget dedicated server, then you can go vith
    1. burst.net ( nocster.net/sale.shtml )
    2. sentris.com
    3. olm.net

webhostingset, Feb 21, 2009 IP