1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Turkey orders YouTube blocked

Discussion in 'Google' started by knightkrm, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinoda

Shinoda Peon

Best Answers:
    There is an idiot member here named Will.Spencer who doesnt know anything about something. There may be some sensitive matters for a group or somebody or a nation that some events can be cause chaos if they dont care about such sensitives. Already rules exist to prevent such situations.

In Turkiye, all ppl who are citizen of tr and not treacherous to the nation respect to the founder of Turkiye named Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. This is very sensitive matter for Turkish ppl. Hence, according to some rules, insulting to Ataturk is fault. Authoritatives in Turkiye said that Youtube was warned a few times for removing the fucking video but YT didnt care about on time. So, YT had been closed for a few days.

In addition, i wanna say something to idiot will.spencer. Orhan Pamuk was not arrested and everyone in Turkiye can do anything unless rapes to others rights and has freedom of speech. I dont know why televisions in west show only suburb regions of Turkiye to ppl ??? There is no any relating between Turkiye and arabic countries. Stop the saying the name of Turkiye with Iran, Iraq, Syria or other ones that anti-democratic, anti-freedom etc countries...

Pls some ppl who dont have any knowledge to discuss about the trouble, dont share their worthless opinions.

Shinoda, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  2. Shinoda

Shinoda Peon

Best Answers:
    Shinoda, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  3. dorm

dorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that idiot thinks this is freedom of speech:
    no link.
    EDITED

dorm, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  4. shahin92

shahin92 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its silly how some middle-eastern countries do this. Turkey & other countries eg. iran & afghanistan filter youtube.
    Yeah, its a good thing we live in a country were we can insult our politicians all we want :)

shahin92, Feb 9, 2008 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Go for it. You will only show how childish and stupid you are.

Something which you seem compleltely unable to grasp is that a persons words reflect more upon themselves than on anything else.

I don't give a damn about your feelings or your sensitivities. Your emotional weakness does not in any way give you some sort of moral right to oppress other people.

Stop saying? How about this? When Turkey stops acting like an backwards authoritarian regime, people will stop lumping it in with the worlds other backwards authoritarian regimes.

Actions first, words later.

It's because our democracies are stronger.

Censorship is an action taken only by weak regimes.

If you're strong and proud you don't care what anyone says about you.

Only people and governments with weak self-esteem worry about what people are saying about them.

Will.Spencer, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  6. dorm

dorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have been saying putting a cock in Ataturk's mouth is freedom of speech. You still think this is freedom of speech or being unrespectful? I think its very unrespectful and stupid. Thats why I just removed the link. But I am kinda upset you only have a brain as big as bird.

dorm, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Your being upset is irrelevant to the larger issues of right and wrong. Your emotions are entirely your own problem.

You have no moral right to oppress other people so that your sensitive little feelings are not hurt.

Did you enjoy playing with the picture of the cock? Did it excite you? Why did you use such a little one? :p

TOUGHEN UP CUPCAKE!

Will.Spencer, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  8. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when you have power you can do anything

kodut, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  9. dorm

dorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then explain me. If I have no moral right to oppress other people, how come the people, who put that videos on youtube, have moral rights? How come you can keep saying its freedom of speech?
    You just don't answer questions that you can't... In your next reply you are gonna find something different. I just want you to answer these questions..

dorm, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  10. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That shows how some freedom of speech and expression can be hindered even at this dizzying pace of developments in the globalized world

dairyman, Feb 9, 2008 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  11. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh look at the one talking about being stupid and childish..

leet, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    You have moral rights -- that same as everyone else -- but no more.

Those other people do not have the moral right to prevent you from thinking or speaking. Likewise, you do not have the moral right to prevent them from thinking or speaking. We all have the same moral rights.

I am confused as to why this is so difficult to understand.

If you are on a playground and another child is playing with his soccer ball, do you have the moral right to force him to stop playing with it just because you don't like soccer? No. Does he have the moral right to hit you with his soccer ball? No. But, he does have the moral right to play with his soccer ball -- even though you can see him doing it and this offends you.

Get it?

Will.Spencer, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  13. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still trying to explain it with such a simplicity, I've come to an understanding that you are the one who will never "get it".

leet, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Here in the U.S., we have a hero like your Ataturk. We call him George Washington because, well, that was his name. Spanish-Americans sometimes call him Jorge Washington, because they like the sound of it. We have a state, a city, an apple, thousands of elementary schools, and hundreds of thousands of black people named after George (or, Jorge if you will) Washington.

George could never tell a lie. George was incredibly tough. He was so tough that he ate his own teeth and had to have them replaced with wooden teeth. When George was a small boy, he chopped down a cherry tree -- with his penis. Another little known fact is that George could walk on water. When George crossed the Delaware, he was actually walking across the water on foot. He was pulling to boat along by himself, because it was carrying all of the supplies he needed to single-handedly kick the British out of our newly founded nation.

Even more impressively, George Washington was such a tough guy that he doesn't need a bunch of small-minded thugs to prevent people from saying bad things about him.

Jorge understood that his country needed the strength that is created when people are allowed to speak their minds. George understood that he could never be harmed by people saying things with which he did not agree.

Turkey would be a lot better off if someone had thought to place a paragraph like this one in their Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

Instead, we now have the government of Turkey spending their time trying to prosecute or persecute anyone who fails to appropriately worship a dead guy.

Worse even is the reality that Ataturk himself wasn't one of these small-minded thugs. If he were alive, he would probably laugh at their pathetic attempts to "protect" him from criticism. Such criticism wasn't even illegal until 1981.

Turkey appears to have gone downhill since Ataturk passed away.

15. jakeruston

jakeruston Banned

Best Answers:
    Is it still getting banned?

jakeruston, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    YouTube is unbanned, because they bent over and removed the videos which the Turkish government found offensive.

I'm still looking for copies of the videos which were censored.

17. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as i know they didn't declare the particular video, but i can provide you some links for you to see the kind of speech freedom they pose.

LeoSeo, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Q. What do you call a bus full of politicians going over a cliff?
    A. A good start! :D

Will.Spencer, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  19. sums123

sums123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not understand what is the falt of youtube in it,if some idiot try to add some video which can hurt sentiments of other people what youtube can do in it

Regards

sums123, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  20. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What make others to allegedly insult the country's leaders, or some other one ? Why dont some ppl just not using free tool for making good, 1st of for themself ( making some money, prmoting goods, services)
    Google has to make some kind of control to those spammers

ziya, Feb 15, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.