1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

100 Bans Store

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by ajeetroy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got a lot of original content put into my stores and I've yet to be penalized and removed from the first page...

anarmyofme, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  2. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please delete...hit submit twice

anarmyofme, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  3. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's remain open minded and wait for this guy to furnish his evidence.

potentmix, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  4. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Peon

Best Answers:
    not sure what you mean, your watch bans site in your signature goes against a couple things in the google guidelines....

1) it is a cookie cutter site
    2) offers little or no original unique content
    3) offers no value for a user to visit

maybe your other bans sites are different, no google doesn't mention BANS specifically, but it might as well....

FikseGTS, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  5. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Peon

Best Answers:
    that will certainly help... a lot of the bans sites don't have that....

FikseGTS, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  6. Small Fry

Small Fry Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there

I started using bans 3 months ago. I also had concerns that it would not be useful due to these reasons stated above:

1) it is a cookie cutter site
    2) offers little or no original unique content
    3) offers no value for a user to visit

This is why I was wrong

It's not about the cookie, it is how you decorate the cookie to the point that it is so coated in frosting that you can't even taste the cookie. The BANS user brings the unique content. You can grab a little search traffic with an otherwise blank store but if you are putting love into a store than you write the stuff for the spiders to eat. I think the build 1000's of stores approach will always work to some degree, just as 100 rss blogs or 100 youtube sites will, but I prefer to build stores I would link to (and do) I don't think people should forget the power BANS has for use with Adwords either which in my experience does just fine with no extra content. I think the clean contentless ebayish look of a default template BANS store (with a custom header) is like a spend magnet for some niches. At the end of the day even a contentless BANS store can pass the "does it add value" test if it has a better category system than ebay does for that area, which is usually not hard to do since their category structures are pretty bland.

BTW I have made $175 with BANS so far this month so it can't be all that bad surely. Mmmmmm cookies!

Small Fry, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  7. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I have good reason for disagreeing with you. If what you say is true, why do my BANS sites enjoy good rankings on Google, why do people visit them and bookmark them, and, most of all, why am I earning money with them? Obviously, buyers find value. Among other things, assembling the eBay listings for a given niche in one place does furnish value, in my opinion. Cuts down on searching.

The evidence I have at hand certainly contradicts your opinion. Thank you, BTW, for clarifying that what you were stating was your opinion and not a position taken by Google regarding BANS.

Of course, BANS sites are shopping sites and, by and large, not informational sites. They're set up to sell, not to educate. Google, IMO, makes plenty of room for shopping sites.

potentmix, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  8. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Peon

Best Answers:
    it takes time..... BANS is still relatively new..... the fact that you're making money and well ranked doesn't change the how the site does or does not follow the google guidelines....

FikseGTS, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  9. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its not the BANS sites which is the problem. The problem is the duplicate content. If you don't have it, its not a problem.

jimkarter, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with not using the "powered by" link.

The new version of BANS is supposed to remove all of the obvious affiliate links so that should help as well.

---

I would also disagree about users not finding any value in BANS stores, I've seen very good conversions with my stores which makes me think that users find the sites quite helpful in a way. I think they make the huge selection at eBay seem less overwhelming and regardless, it helps them to find what they are looking for.

Zibblu, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  11. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's an interesting sidelight. I was looking at time on site with one of my BANS stores, you know - stickyness. The stats show that 43.6% leave within the first 30 seconds. In my experience that indicates excellent stickyness.

I have a pr6 informational site on a very serious topic with lagoons full of original content where over 80% of visitors spend less than 30 seconds.

Draw you own conclusions.

potentmix, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  12. CT SEO

CT SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    google shouldn't de-index these sites simply because they are easy to set up... you can add joomla to the list of other sites that would need to be de-indexed as well if that was the case...

CT SEO, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  13. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    If Google needs to get some jollies de-indexing, they should nuke all the MFAs still out there before anything else. Will they do that? Not on your life. Why should they kill off a good revenue stream. Same with BANS sites, a goodly percentage of which run AdSense and have far more to offer than MFAs..

potentmix, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  14. ajeetroy

ajeetroy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok guys time to update. I have put up a Bans store. Check it out on http://www.onlinebidspot.com/gpsauctions/

Now its time to promote and see what happens. Have begun the link building for the store. I hope to get feedback from you guys. I am going to start from one store and then complete 100 stores. Lots of effort has gone into building and customizing.

Regards
    Ajeet

ajeetroy, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  15. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    ajee....do you have any content on store besides the obvious listing of products and the google ads?

SFOD_D223, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  16. ajeetroy

ajeetroy Peon

Best Answers:
    working on it.

ajeetroy, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  17. matthewrobertbell

matthewrobertbell Peon

Best Answers:
    The moral of this story seems you need 3 phases:
    1. Create bans store (categories etc)
    2. add unique content.
    3. promote.

Agree?

matthewrobertbell, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  18. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed 100%. And, the unique content does not have to be Pulitzer Prize worthy. You'll do just fine doing C student work, which takes less time and causes less brain damage. Just keep moving and promote, and then promote some more.

potentmix, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  19. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bans is only a good as the person using it...

it the wrong hands its just another junk affiliate site that will last 2 weeks in the rankings

in the right hands it a method of creating a shop front that can generate a lot of money!

The checks i receive each month from CJ causes me to not care what you think!

ALSO on my last point if a Bans store offers nothing to a user can someone explain to me what this site
    http://www.theworldofgolf.com/ offers to a user? And this site sits happily at No1 spot for 'golf clubs' with a healthy PR5

and to finish off if someone searches in Google for DKNY Watches and they click on a Bans site advertising DKNY watches which then shows them auctions of 1000 DKNY watches to which the user can then BUY a DKNY watch .... well im sure you get my point by now!

WharfeValley Systems, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  20. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it worth having unique domain names for all these BANS stores you set up? Is it easier to get backlinks, since if you use a subdomain on an existing site, finding places to accept deep links is usually more of a challenge. Any thoughts on this?

christian231, Feb 15, 2008 IP