1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's not falsification. If he had failed to find what he was looking for then it would have proved his hypothesis wrong. It would not have proven evolution to be false.

Moncal, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:

You "assumed" incorrectly. I was referring to the Bible! Now, I won't be as nasty with words as you typically are. Do you see the comparison about the predictions? Let's use another similar word. Prophesies. The only difference is predictions are made by man and prophesies are made by God (according to the Bible of course ;)).

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Evolutionary theory could have been proven false if the fused chromosome wasn't found. There is nowhere else the chromosome could have gone. The chromosome has to exist in our genome if we share a common ancestor with the other great apes. They looked for it, And found it. That is the integrity of science. They actively look for things knowing full well that if they don't find them they are going to be proven wrong.

Cheap, So i was right when i "assumed" it was "some other quack" then.
    If theoretical predictions and biblical prophesy are comparable tell me a prediction that can falsify the bible. Give me a test to perform that can prove your god and your religion to be false, If you can't, You are going to have to stop equating modern science with primitive mumbo jumbo and at least try to start holding discussions like an adult and not like a child whos intent is only to reduce discussions to a level of absurdity that makes adults not want to participate.

stOx, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  4. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    My discussions only make you not want to participate. Where's the loss for me in that? :D

Having a discussion is all about having a 2 way polite interchange of thoughts and ideas. What you have shown is a complete lack of politeness. Instead, launching rude and arrogant name calling missives in nearly every post that responds to my posts.

Out of all the members at DP that have "discussions" in these P&R threads there is only a few who feel an attack on others comments in a rude and arrogant manner is the only way to go. You are one of them. Unfortunately, I can't "for the life of me" understand why you do it this way.

I'll give you a scenario. Let's say you are in a room of say 50 people that you think are completely wrong in regards to the earth, God, the Bible etc..

Would you speak to these people face to face the way you speak to me and others in the way you have done for all this time? If you say "yes". Would you expect these 50 people to put up with your "in your face" discussions? Speaking to people face to face the same way you speak to people here would most likely see you ending up in not very good health.

If you are in good health. I would "assume" you don't speak like this to anyone face to face. Why? Because you have the safety of hiding behind your trusty and reliable computer monitor.

The difference between you and I is I talk the talk and I walk the walk. How I speak to others in these forums is exactly the way I speak to others face to face.

For the life of me I just can't see you doing this the same way as me. If you are, you would be crippled by now for all the beatings you would have endured. No one would put up with your behaviour face to face.

5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I speak to people how they deserve to be spoken to, Regardless where i am. If they deserve to be spoken to like deceitful pedants then that's what they get. If, On the other hand, They are interested in honest discussion, which seems to be rare in christians, I speak to them in a more polite tone.

If you feel equipped to counter anything i have said in my defence of evolutionary theory i suggest you do it and stop playing this little game of "let's reduce the thread to absurdity".

stOx, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    That's the type of response I was expecting from you. I rest my case. You are the "judge" of all others. I hope you can live with that? I know I couldn't.

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    have a little cry and then try to think of an intellectually honest point to make regarding evolutionary theory.

stOx, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  8. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I must confess, where I to be intellectually honest with myself, I would have no choice but to call evolution absurb.

Moncal, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  9. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i believe in evolution and creation or some mix of the two. Who says you can't have both ? :)

lightless, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  10. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    A cry? Get over yourself. Nothing you say would bring me to tears. I am just pointing out how arrogant you really are. Your responses solidify that fully!

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  11. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let's say god created believers and atheists/evolution supporters evolved, would that be a good solution to this problem ? :)

That's my dual development theory!

12. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Is that regarded as fence sitting? ;)

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  13. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Scott! I knew they were a different species! I like this theory. Evolutionists can believe that they descended from a monkey's uncle and the rest of us can know better.

Moncal, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  14. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. When you cannot prove something, "godidit" theory will always help you.

risoknop, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously don't understand it then.

Let's do a little experiment. In your own words answer the following questions.
    1. In a sentence or two explain the theory of evolution and what it claims.
    2. Provide one line of strong evidence supporting evolution and explain why it supports evolution.

NOTE: You don't have to believe in evolution to answer the above questions. you only have to understand it. It's just to see how well, If at all, You understand the theory which you claim is "absurb".

stOx, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  16. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Another benefit of the dual development theory is that, it allows for selective elimination.
    Don't creation theory supporters take the risk of meaning that god created the scum of the earth, terrorists, serial killers and such sorts, by making a blanket statement that god created all humans!
    They needn't, with the dual development theory :)

17. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Even when I was a little boy I never believed in evolution. If evolution were true, the world would be monkey-free by now.

Bohol, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  18. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    The theory of evolution is the theory of common descent. Simple organisms formed millions of years ago. They reproduced. Over hundreds or thousands of generations, minute changes in their biology led to different and more complex organisms. These organisms, in turn, were common ancestors to other organisms. ect. ect. ect. infinitum. It makes a nice little flow chart. 1 becomes 2 becomes 4 becomes 8 becomes 16 different species ect. Pursuant to the believe of commmon descent, Humans did not evolve from Monkies but shared a common ancestor. There are many theories about the mechanism of change in evolution, most prominent Darwin's Theory of Natural selection.

Let's see...science's greatest evidence for evolution is the similarity in structure of organisms. Examples: notochords and spinal chords, similarities between mammals. The problem with this gem is that it is explained equally as well, if not scientifically, by a creationistic view of the world.

My answers aren't particularly eloquent, but I do understand the concept. Yet, I choose to reject evolution. Call me a fool if you will, but that does not change the world as I see. I reject your reality in favor of my own. And that's the word. Evolution.

Moncal, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  19. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So this is your theory....

A) Evolution "We came from monkeys"

or

B) Creation "A imaginary force created everything"

In context they are both pretty silly, but the more believable one is evolution. Most religious people tend to "overlook" the inaccuracys that are in the bible.

astup1didiot, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  20. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [OFF TOPIC]

I don't think this thread of mine will ever die :D

astup1didiot, Feb 10, 2008 IP