1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Being Bullied, how much of a threat is this guy?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by sarahk, Dec 14, 2007.

1. mrobert

mrobert Peon

Best Answers:
    He has no case against you. Relax :)

mrobert, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  2. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm no lawyer, but if you're in NZ, and he's in the U.S., i'm sure there would be issues of jurisdiction, etc.. Would he have to drive over to NZ to file a claim? Or would he file in the U.S.? and, even if he DID (which i doubt), and even if he did win (which i doubt), or you just ignored it and defaulted, then what? Can he seize your NZ bank accounts and assets?

I dunno, i would not worry too much about it..

Tearabite, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  3. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take the last name out & tell him to go piss up a rope.

It's not worth the headache.

joebert, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Even if I take his last name out he's posted and created part of the content... do I alter his words and be seen to be changing his statements. I think I'll let him play it out...

Maybe he'd have to fly me to the USA to defend myself. I could do with a holiday :)

sarahk, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  5. joebert

Best Answers:
    It's not the legal system you're going to have problems with. What makes you think they plan to play fair ?

joebert, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    meaning he might attack me back? I don't honestly think anyone really cares about I say about him or what he might say about me.

sarahk, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  7. joebert

Best Answers:
    Then why were you worried ? :D

joebert, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  8. drgeorgep

drgeorgep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ... bully presents as public figure, which leaves him wide open to comment and criticism. If he doesn't like it, he can become a hermit or live under a rock, which is where it seems he belongs. Bullies succeed to the extent possible victims allow them.

drgeorgep, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It would be foolish not to double check. I'm more worried about tackling international law suits as I have no idea which legal system my "crime" would be tried under.

As it's "committed" in New Zealand surely he'd have to use the New Zealand legal system to affect any change? I doubt he's considered that ;)

sarahk, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  10. joebert

Best Answers:
    Yeah I suppose you should worry about them taking you to court. Afterall the situation in the article leads us to believe they always play by the book anyway, right ? :)

joebert, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I had a disgruntled competitor tell me once that "it's not about what is right, it's about what is legally possible".

Steven Rayman is an unknown quantity from that respect.

sarahk, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  12. chriswick

chriswick Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice! You haven’t done anything wrong, just tell him to get lost!

chriswick, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  13. Dirty-Rockstar

Dirty-Rockstar Guest

Best Answers:
    Time to make another blog about this guy. and wait another year or so for the second C&D

Dirty-Rockstar, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  14. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No worries. Empty threats.

1) Using Hotmail. How proffesional is that?
    2) His name is public domain
    3) If what he is saying is true, the Osama (Usama) Bin Laden can sue news companies for millions in ad sales.

tushardhoot1, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  15. DFSfromIN

DFSfromIN Peon

Best Answers:
    Rightfully so. I contacted my corporate attorney and a private investigator to try to track down your address. Legal action will be swift. As soon as we locate where to send legal papers. I am not finished here. I warned you kindly. This is your last warning before your legal battles begin. I have millions of dollars. You CANNOT beat me. I would bet your money runs out before mine will. Do yourself a great big favor and concede. It will be a lot less costly on you than if you try to fight me. I fight legally. Legally=costly.

These people here can run their mouth all they want. It is not them that will pay the price. It will be you. You must ask yourself if it is worth it or not.

I am a kind person. I made a mistake with that adsense stuff a couple of years ago. After getting legal advise I made a public apology to Google and Squidoo and pulled the website immediately. I have two children that I love very much. I am an active member of the United Pentecostal Church. My point is this; I am easy to get along with. I simply made a mistake. I owned up to that mistake. Now it is time for you to comply with my request to take my name off your website. I do not want to drag you into an American courtroom. I do not want to do anything at all to you. If you knew me you would know I am sorry for the mistake I made.

I will ask you kindly one last time. Ma'am, will you kindly take my name off of your website? Your full cooperation is appreciated. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Steven T. Rayman DFS

DFSfromIN, Feb 8, 2008 IP
    lycos likes this.
  16. mookie9920

mookie9920 Peon

Best Answers:
  17. seo daddy

seo daddy Active Member

Best Answers:

Lol

You are a 'multi millionaire' but you use a hotmail address :confused::rolleyes:

Purleeeease

seo daddy, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Steven, I can't see why you are so worked up about this. It is so easy to out SEO that page. If you expect me to believe you have hired a private investigator then my advice is to get a new one. If the company doesn't know how to use a whois record then they're pretty damn hopeless. I don't hide online. I'm easy to find.

As for the page - it's dated. It's a blog. Blogs are like news - they relate to a specific time and it's now old news. If people can't see that then they're very short sighted. Your explanation is on the page too - I've let you have your say.

Attached Files:

sarahk, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  19. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    What does DFS mean?? Director of Fury and Shouting ??? :D

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  20. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What is the basis of a lawsuit? Here in America we have a right to freedom of speech. Since you have admitted the acts you did, what is your issue?

I know you don't like it 'out there' but there is a simple solution to that problem. And it does not involve threats of meritless legal action.

1. You could simply take some of your millions and spend a couple hundred bucks and out rank that page so nobody sees it. Pretty easy to do.

2. You could take some of your money and make a cash offer to see if the blogger is willing to remove it for financial compensation.

3. Just grow up and move on. Keeping up this crusade to censor people will only get you into trouble like this story

Heck, you almost make me want to make a page dedicated to your initial fraud and now your legal threats to use your millions of dollars because you were exposed. Be a man, and if you have a problem with that site ranking for your name, make your own sites and out rank it.

By signing your name to this thread, it is now very likely that this thread will rank for your name and fraud on Google. I would love to see you threaten DP with removing the thread. Heck, maybe the blogger would be kind enough to post the full text of the blog here, so it is preserved for everyone.

p.s. sarahK, I would not post to him or communicate with him in any manner. Anything either of you post or write is potentially evidence. Your position is strong, you do not need to reply to him. If his lawyer has any sense, he will tell this guy to walk away.

browntwn, Feb 8, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.