1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpfox vs dzoic handshakes

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by eZer001, Apr 25, 2006.

1. bazita

bazita Peon

Best Answers:
    IF YOU KNOW THAT MUCH WAY DID BUY IT?
    GO FOR OPEN SOURCE IT'S FREE AND YOU CAN DO WELL WITH IT ;)

bazita, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  2. bazita

bazita Peon

Best Answers:
    phpfox or handshakes?
    QUICKLY, I WILL SAY andshakes BECAUSE HE HAS COMMUNITY FORUM JUST LIKE DP, SO YOU CAN FOUND LOT HELP FROM USERS, PHPFOX DOES NOT HAVE ANY FORUM !

bazita, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  3. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    The above process is straight out of the manual. It's how handshakes builds pages and is more complicated than that too. Once you learn the system there are some very powerful features. But smarty templating can also be challenging. I've done a lot of development for this system. PHPFox is easier but customizing the code is very, very painful. So much is hard coded and templating is limited to almost completely css. PHPFox DOES have a forum and you can read the fun users are having with it's problems and different ownership groups turning over quickly. DZOIC also has a forum and it too can make you wonder although there is development and good support from some of the people there. But you better know what you're doing.

slinky, Mar 4, 2008 IP
    dalem likes this.
  4. bazita

bazita Peon

Best Answers:

i just get Hs set up on my server, i will see it on action and i will post my comment about it .
    just by curiosity
    can you give us the URL of PHPFox forum ?
    Thanks

bazita, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  5. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I am pretty sure its forums.phpfox.com

slinky, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  6. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    anyone has comments about these the two softwares? I like them both, but i really want to know more. I like handshakes because it's a bit different from myspace, however it's missing a few basic features that i believe a social network should have. I like phpfox because it has almost all of the features you need in a social network, however it's almost like a clone of myspace.

ki3000, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  7. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    What do you think is missing?

slinky, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  8. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, for example on the events, groups, and classifieds. You cannot search nor browse through locally (by region). For example by country, city, state, etc. I mean that should be like basic things, especially on the events and classifieds. what is worse however, is that the user is requested for this info when adding an event or a classifieds. so it doesn't make any sense to ask for this info, however members cannot browse for it when they go to the classifieds or events main page (browse page).

ki3000, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  9. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    after re-browsing through the software, i actually saw where members can search by region. I believe it's under search, where all searches can be conducted (search for members, blogs, forums, events, etc).

ki3000, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  10. floop

floop Peon

Best Answers:
    + phpfox. Its 100% open source.

floop, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  11. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Regarding handshakes, you can search anything. On my site I have pre-created searches that enable you to find things by state or zip code radius too.

slinky, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  12. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    at least phpfox is opensource, and it can also have forum. you can integrate vbulletin in phpfox as well...they have a support for that too. :)

psyberweb, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  13. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, i've been looking at the two in details myself. i have to say, dzoic is nice. but phpfox is developer friendly as opposed to dzoic.

ki3000, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  14. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    mg1313, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  15. macadu

macadu Member

Best Answers:
    phpfox is quite close to handshakes, I think they are each others biggest competitor.
    Handshakes has been open source for a while now, and it has its own forum plus integration with vbulletin, etc. Good luck with it :)

macadu, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  16. macadu

macadu Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ki3000,

I found Dzoic to be quite developer friendly as well. I run 3 sites based on it with great success. Handshakes handles a nice load of 30 000 members, on a power VPS. If you have any questions on Dzoic post it here and I am happy to share my experience.

macadu, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  17. ubispot

ubispot Peon

Best Answers:
    I think myspace clone is outdated for ever. Now perhaps youtube clone is getting overwhelmed.

I think ubispot's flickr+youtube aggregator script for social network would work fine.

ubispot, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  18. benz1

benz1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anything changed in the Handshakes vs phpfox battle in the last 6 months or so? They seem to be the main contenders in the unbelievably seedy world of social networking scripts. Would be very interested in hearing any (genuine) up to date comments before making a purchasing decision.

Thanks,
    Benz1

benz1, May 11, 2009 IP
  19. phpfoxtemplate

phpfoxtemplate Peon

Best Answers:
    i just joined this forum, had been researching about this topic before, but in the end i chose phpfox, v.good choice because phpfox do have forum and the support team is very active there helping the members, coming soon is the phpfox v2 currently in beta testing, looks promising with lots of new features, mods are also available created by modders at the forum example the friends feed , arcade games.... and other cool mods, as for designs, am also a phpfox designer, you can check out :

http://phpfoxtemplate.com

:)

phpfoxtemplate, May 12, 2009 IP
  20. umarrchoudhary

umarrchoudhary Peon

Best Answers:
    wot about the phpizabi ?

umarrchoudhary, Oct 16, 2009 IP