1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Objective Social Networking Software Reviews

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by EJRaven, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've reviewed all of the scripts. I've come to the conclusion that script writers either do not have the money or technical resources to develop a reliable platform. Functionality is one thing. Security, spam protection, maintainability are something else. MySpace is not being forced by law enforcement and lawsuits to tighten up their predator protection capabilities. Social Networking is a serious endeavor.

I gave one hosted solution, Corank, a try on LINKS. It has the robustness that I would expect of a serious white label solution. Clearly they have put a lot of technical resources into making the platform usable - and this means addressing all areas including functionality, usability, performance, reliability, and security. The experiment has been mildly successful so far. After 2 days I am getting about 650 visitors/day.

I am next going to look at Kickapps, the social networking platform. It also looks robust. However, the big downside of these applications are that they provider owns all of the data. Therefore, it cannot be a long term solution for my domain. However, it does offer the ability to build traffic (you can use CNAME records to build a customized), and to better understand the marketplace and its issues, at a low cost. I would recommend these white label solutions for webmasters who are looking at serious, long-term website building efforts.

Rich

richrf, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  2. Sundhar

Sundhar Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Aztec,

We have developed the clone script with our Hard work and you are spreading like anything that we are the hackers.If you have solid proof then why you didn't show to all of us who are all in Digital point.Do we have to run away with our hard work yield script. You are the one among those who is selling our script and misleading the online community. Be genuine. We offer the legal version with license of our clone script at a cost of $399 with support. Those who believes the hardwork yielding best script can come to us irrespective of cost though its always upper side compared to nulled version or distributed illegally.

Sundhar, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  3. jamesr

jamesr Peon

Best Answers:
    We use it for our Intranet. Each of our employees has a personal page and we use their collaboration server for groups. It saved us a small fortune. Their site ( http://www.barnraiser.org/ ) seems to have a fair amount of activity on it.

jamesr, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  4. Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans Guest

Best Answers:
    You can see an in depth review of Dolphin 6.0x here. Basically, if they make all their current features work right, it could be a great social networking platform.

Spillthebeans, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  5. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    good review.

Can you just remove some of those options, like video/mp3 uploading?

Pixelrage, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  6. Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans Guest

Best Answers:
    Not very easily unfortunately. Even if you remove it from the menu, there are references to it on the user profile and other parts of the site. There's a website modmysite.com that has a paid version of the removal of the video/mp3 and forum. Basically, they remove the buggiest part of Dolphin 6.0.

Spillthebeans, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  7. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understand why web developers don't just make those things an on/off toggle sort of option. It's annoying, because some people really dont need those bandwidth eating features!

Pixelrage, Feb 7, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.