1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to sell sales copy writing service, need advice

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Alevoor, Feb 5, 2008.

I am not sure whether this is the right forum to place a request for some advice on selling sales copy writing services. I will move this to a place suggested by you.

I am not pretty sure as to whether such a market for selling sales copy writing service exists.

I have been an article author for quite some time and I am quite aware of the market supply-demands for web and print articles.

I would appreciate advices on this matter.
    You can find a sample sales copy here. The whole thing took me a day to study the market and write to finish.

Thanks in advance.
    PS: I also accept article writing orders. Pls. check rates here.

Alevoor, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  2. Power_Writer

Power_Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mind if I make a suggestion about your site?

Your writing doesn't have a lot of flow and punch - the essence of sales copy. You need to cut out the needless words and I'm going to suggest investing a bit more time reading copy by native speakers to get a feeling for turns-of-phrase and expressions.

For example, a native speaker wouldn't use the qualifier "pretty" as a negative. You might say "I'm pretty sure that..." but you wouldn't say "I'm not pretty sure that..." and in sales copy, you'd never use a phrase as weak as "I'm pretty sure," instead you'd say "I KNOW."

Also, you need to use contractions. Instead of always saying "I am" or "I have" you can say "I'm" or "I've." It'll clean up the writing on your site and give it a quicker pace.

Basically, I think you'll have a better chance of selling your sales copy services once you bring your writing up a level.

Power_Writer, Feb 5, 2008 IP
    Alevoor likes this.
  3. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great. I really like this kind of constructive suggestions. To be precise, this is exactly the kind of comments I was looking for instead of the usual "does not sound like native English".

Thanks really. Adding a +rep.
    PS: I would have loved it more had you written a bit about the market dynamics too.

Alevoor, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  4. S2ooT

S2ooT Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Infomation Power_Writer

S2ooT, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  5. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good initial advice.

I'd also add that researching a "market" is simply step one. You've got to know your "audience." And yes, they are different things.

You talk to people, not markets. Markets are where people reside.

Also, here's your headline: "Are you still wondering how come your article marketing efforts aren’t paying back despite buying cheap?"

What is that even mean?

Open with a statement. Follow with a question if you want. But don't open with a question, unless it's a "would you like me to do this for you" question.

Example: "If I could show you how to make $2,578 every week, while working just two hours a day, so you could do all the fun stuff people working 9-5 jobs can't, would you be interested?"

I'm not saying the above is a great headline (that's what you get for 15 seconds of my time lol), just a concept example. :)

marketjunction, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  6. Seasidewriter

Seasidewriter Peon

Best Answers:
    The website looks nice. I have never heard the word "unputdownable" before. But then again, it could be some newfangled internet term?

Seasidewriter, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  7. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Marketjunction
    Thanks, your suggestions are worth more than 15 seconds of your time. However, I am not very much convinced about not using a question for an opening statement; still if you are suggesting that a question may annoy the reader, isn't it subjective?.

Seasidewriter
    As a matter of fact, it is a term used in this part of the world to describe the quality of a book that compels you to read in one go. However, thanks for the nice comment.

Alevoor, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  8. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm saying that usually a statement is a much stronger opening than a question. Also, if you're going to use a question, it has to be targeted and "yes" provoking, which yours isn't. See my example.

In other words, if you're going to open with a question, the answer has to be yes and that yes has to lead them into your product/service.

marketjunction, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  9. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. I see your point. A 'yes' is always a well thought out reaction to an intriguing question.
    (In the mean time, I am browsing through your sites)

Alevoor, Feb 5, 2008 IP