1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense just doesn't seem worth it

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tibberous, Feb 2, 2008.

I just setup my new site, a site designed specifically to go after high-dollar keywords. I got two clicks, and still only made $2.26.

And on my other site, that I spent weeks setting up, I only made $17.69 on 16,329 impressions. I was hoping that once the site was setup it would hold a nice daily revenue, but it's fallen from a couple dollars a day to like $.50 a day, and today it's made nothing.

Just seems like a hell of a lot of work for $23.07. And this isn't even counting a games site I made that is completely worthless - I got so pissed at my CPC I just took the google ads off.

I'm just starting to think that the only person making money from adsense is google - and even the people who are making *some* money, are making far less than they would be doing anything else.

Can you guys offer any advice? As it stands I think I'm going to put my sites up for sale, though I doubt I'll get much for them before google does the next PR update.

tibberous, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  2. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is useless unless you bring in alot of guests that are stupid and click the ads lol.
    You really need a half way decent site to get money, of course its going to be low since its the easist thing to do on the internet

Shazz, Feb 2, 2008 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  3. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is a numbers game, to make a decent amount of money from it, a site needs plenty of targeted traffic.

windtalker, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  4. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, thats the main and the most important point.

Abhik, Feb 2, 2008 IP
    Shazz likes this.
  5. Dr. XYZ

Dr. XYZ Guest

Best Answers:
    You are quite lucky, I have heard of people who makes 2 cents or none even then.

Dr. XYZ, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  6. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    .50$/day from one site is pretty good. Congrats :D

TheVccMatey, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  7. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    How is a single click worth $1.13 not valuable to you? I've received clicks worth $0.01, and clicks worth $5.00, it's random, but 2 clicks for $2.26 and you're complaining?

Perhaps adsense isn't for you... ditch it if you're not satisfied with these numbers. And good luck finding any other program that pays you $1.13 per click, lol.

j0ned, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  8. tibberous

tibberous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because it's two dollars, and it took me all day to make it.
    Are you guys so caught up in what is 'good for adsense' that your failing to see that $2 a day is not 'good'? Its a cup of coffee! And the worst part is I know I'm not going to get it tomorrow.

As much as I keep hoping that all these $.20 and $2.00 days are going to ad up to something, the truth is, they don't. I got $23.47 in an account that I'll probably never get up high enough to withdraw, and I've spent two months to make it.

This has to be the worst way to make money in existence - I honestly can't think of anything you could do to make less money than this - panhandling, collecting cans, selling firewood you find, all would make way more than this. It's like the only reason people say you can make money off adsense is so they can sell an ebook on making money with adsense - and there isn't even any money in doing that, it's just that they live in a country where you can live on $18 a day.

tibberous, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Without traffic how do you expect to make decent money ?

Regards

w3bmaster, Feb 3, 2008 IP
    j0ned likes this.
  10. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry you feel that way. After a year of hard work and dedication, I just broke the $10 a day mark, and I've yet to slip below that this year. In fact, it's been increasing each day. In my first two months, I was lucky to see $0.10. Now that I've found something that works, I'm just rinsing and repeating, which is why my daily revenue continues to grow.

Good luck - Adsense has been very generous to me, but like I said, it's taken lots of dedication.

j0ned, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  11. bestofmoney.info

bestofmoney.info Peon

Best Answers:
    I just made an article a few days ago :
    "You are so excited since you have discovered Google Adsense Program. You then registered a blog on Blogger.com. But after a few weeks - or even a few months - you realised it was harder than you thought because you didn’t make a dime."
    and I give you a solution here with a real world example of a blog earning 300 to 400$ per month:
    http://bestofmoney.info/2008/01/31/how-to-get-started-with-adsense-the-easy-way-with-hubpages/

bestofmoney.info, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  12. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not pay very well for MFA sites. Just creating few junk blog targeting the highest paying keyword does not mean you should get higher. Google is aware of it.

maldives, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  13. tibberous

tibberous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But dude, your making $10 a day. Thats only $300 a month.

If you spent a year drooling on yourself, you'd be getting a $600 a month SSI check.

Figure minimum wage is $1120 a month.

Your making 1/4th a living wage.

Granted, there are other benefits, like being able to work from home, set your own hours, ect. But in general it just seems like a dumb way to try and earn a living.

tibberous, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  14. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Man, $300 a month in addition to affiliates and my day job is nice. That $300 pays for my server for an entire year, and buys my girlfriend and I a nice dinner. Considering the sites now require zero maintenance on my part, that's excellent money to me. Google is eating them up, sending me traffic, so it's really on auto-pilot. Sure I may have spent a year testing, trying new things, but as you can see, it's paying off. After checking my adsense earnings from yesterday, I made $11.83 off three sites that I haven't touched in weeks. Perhaps today I'll make $12, or $15, who knows?

And as maldives said,

j0ned, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  15. brainet

brainet Active Member

Best Answers:
    you have try harder then, because, these days earning more from adsense is becoming harder.

because :
    - there are more people know about adsense.
    - these days making a website its very-very easy.
    - there are more adsense publisher.
    - more cheap price adwords.
    - more people became webmaster :D

brainet, Feb 3, 2008 IP
    maldives likes this.
  16. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    $2 for 2 clicks is not bad at all.
    If it keeps at that level you will be a rich man.

zexy, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  17. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes time dude! You can't expect to rake in the big bucks in a day or two.. or a month or two. In nearly all cases (especially those who follow the TOS) it's not a "get rich quick" scheme. You build a quality site, bit by bit, over time, people link to your site because it's quality, more people come. You're building content (more places for your adds) and traffic (more people to click, and hopefully convert into sales for the advertiser, so you don't get smart priced down.) and that takes time!

And the comment of it taking you weeks to set the other site up... it's an ongoing project! It takes months of hard work usually, and then ongoing work for as long as the site exists. And setting up a site specifically for high paying keywords is not necessarily a good way to go- too much competition. Try some long tailed keywords too, expand and test a few different directions.

The amount you got is excellent! As I've been mentioning on another thread, we got 1c total in our first month with Adsense, then around $8 the next. Slow and it feels like it might never get anywhere... yet you made more than that on your other site already. It's slow going to start with, and some may never make it for various reasons. But giving up guarantees you won't make it big time. The idea is to keep going forward, not giving up, create quality, be creative and expand your horizons.

Ok... 12 months on from creating our site... and earning the whopping 1c... we now are making around $4,000 a month and on the increase all the time. Enough for us to live on here (plus we also have various affiliate income- "Don't put all your eggs in one basket!")

So, if you're serious, willing to put in the time and create a worthwhile site, then you can make serious money. No guarantees... but it's possible.

Night Owl, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  18. limalan88

limalan88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

making money through the internet is no short cut. Once u found the system that really works , it will be worth your time and effort . So work hard and find the right system that works for u and things will be more or less in autopilot after the system u implement works. Then rinse and repeat for new sites.

My System that I think works for me?...BUM marketing!!!

After 5 months, finally see some results although not much.

limalan88, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  19. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Google Blues my friend, yeah life sucks and so does Google, start a Emo site and Blog - you'll do well....

On a serious note, not everyone will make money online and not everyone will stick to it either, takes passion, hard work and some luck, you've either got it or you don't, most peope don't have what it takes.

thsadmin, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  20. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you need to realign your expectations here buddy, I get 8000 to 10,000 impressions per day and clear about $280 to $320 on an average month.

It accounts for maybe 5% of my total revenue, BUT it all helps, so look for other ways to make money out of your site and leave the GA ticking over, once every 6 months take a nice little cheque out of your account and blow it on something nice like a new Ipod or something, then you will think its WELL worth it!

MOG

MOG, Feb 3, 2008 IP