1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Clearly the book of genesis was written metaphorically.

pingpong123, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  2. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    if your gonna say the bible is full of metaphors then don't turn around and take its teachings literally and when it says this it really means this...

killafawk, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Wish I'd said that.:D

northpointaiki, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  4. warley

warley Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i do believe in evolution. :)

warley, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  5. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Come again mate, run that past me again would you, oh and btw, there's a reply to you here, just in case you fancied a nice homely chat:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=478387&highlight=jws

Last reply to the thread.

Say, wouldn't it be jolly exciting to talk this over in a good brand new thread?

What say you?

Best regards.

Mark Magawr :eek: ;) :D

Magawr, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  6. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    For all people arguing that evolution is just "theory". No it is not. It is "scientific theory".

scientific theory != theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory#Science

Just to make this clear. Gravitation is also just "scientific theory". The same is true for all laws of physics. But term "scientific theory" means it is mathematically or logically proven. It has nothing to do with general term "theory".

risoknop, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  7. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I just responded to your "homely chat" and declined your offer. I don't see you as the "homely" type to be quite honest.

Cheap SEO Services, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  8. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Why thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. :D

How jolly decent of you.

Dear of him. :D

Magawr, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  9. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    So, are you quite happy with your massive amounts of posting in that other thread about our organization? How much more incorrect and inaccurate material have you got? There's a lot of it on the internet you know. Thousands of web sites even. The things people believe. Tisk...Tisk...

10. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Well of course, what did I expect, but the bog standard WT repetitive reply to discount all 'apostates' online?

Of course, in any other field of human activity, right across the spectrum, people talk about and share their individual and collective experiences directly from being involved in all aspects of life on many levels.

Now, there are thousands upon thousands of former JW's, many of whom were brought up in the organisation, myself, 3rd generation for example, in it for 28 years, but of course, this is the internet so therefore every experience written about by former witnesses, on their experiences, must therefore be totally false, is this honestly and I mean, truly honestly what you are saying here and advocating?

That everything written by former members is a falsehood and is made up lies and bullshit?

Good luck with believing that one my friend. :rolleyes:

You already seem to be taking personal umbrage at this, which is rather unusual in and of itself, have I not made it perfectly clear that I have no bones with you personally, my gripe alone is at the mother organisation, or as it is known in many circles, the Borg, (Startrek), the organisation that you are not allowed to question.

Good day sir.

Regards.

Mark Magawr

Magawr, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  11. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    What I am taking umbrage is how you are drawing attention to one thing and many other threads to highlight your anger in your thread. You being off topic in other threads is not the thing done in these forums and the way you are doing it is against DP TOS. ON that matter, I would not be surprised if the mods or even admins here take umbrage for your outbursts. You obviously have not read the thread stickies about this behavior.

I refuse to get into an online argument with a disgruntled ex-Jehovah's Witness just because you couldn't do it your own way. That's quite the typical reaction of one trying to fight the system for "28 years".

If you were so disgruntled, why take so long to remove yourself from the organisation? Or, were you removed? Either way, it does not matter. Your behaviour towards the organisation is unjust and uncalled for. My advice to you Sir is "get over it".

12. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you can stand behind the words I bolded towards a person whose family is forced to be separated because of an organization, then you have shown exactly what he is saying about that organization.

debunked, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  13. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Now there's a great example of taking things out of context. You just had to jump into this didn't you. You know full well what I meant by my post but no. You took it on a tangent just to get your "poke" in. Why? Because it's your aggressive nature to do so. You just can't help yourself. It is so typical. Anyone reading your posts can clearly see your aggression and arrogance in the way you handle situations.

Have you not learned your lesson in humility yet? I would of thought being "humble" would be one of the priority objectives for being a "christian". Exactly how is your response here being "humble"? Forget it. Don't bother answering that. It's just going to end up messy.

Please keep out of 1 on 1 discussions. If you have not got anything positive to add then please don't say it.

14. debunked

Best Answers:
    Who is being aggressive?

You tell him to get over it, and he lost his family to that organisation, I can get into the conversation if I want. You are being so cold-hearted towards this man and why? Oh, he is an outcast. Do you want to kill me now? How about beat me to a pulp would that satisfy your hunger?

Wow and you say I am the aggressor...

debunked, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  15. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Cold hearted? Hardly! He is not just an outcast matey! He is slandering the entire organization because he bucked the system and the system did not approve of that. Now he's disgruntled and goes out of his way to bring down the entire organization. Now who's being cold hearted? He lost his family through HIS actions and no one elses. He knows exactly what to do to fix that and if he swallowed his pride then he can do that. Nothing is preventing him from fixing his own problems. He knows the rules and so does his family.

Don't get yourself involved in things you don't know about. You will end up with egg on your face. If you want to know what it's all about. Go visit the Kingdom Hall nearest to you and study the Bible with us. Then you can make any statement you want based on personal knowledge.

16. debunked

Best Answers:
    I can learn from others experiences. Some things don't need to be learned on my own to prove it.

Go ahead and throw egg in my face if that makes you happy, it won't change anything. You get so extremely angry over what this guy says and you don't get it do you. It is world religion that screws people over and you think it is funny - yes it is his fault for leaving, but to pay the price of his family?? Not by their choice, but by outside forces. They will lose what they deem important if they continue a relationship. If you have to force people in this way and you say it isn't a cult, then what is it?

debunked, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  17. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe in it :p

Markas, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  18. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Again, you are taking this way out of context.

Firstly, I am in no way angry. But, you are making this something out of nothing. I did not say I was going to throw egg in your face. You obviously don't know what this phrase means. Put it this way. It is one's own doing that causes egg to be on one's face. Get the point? I hope so.

Secondly, I agree a lot of religions screw people over. But this one is far far from doing that. People are the problem and not the organization. If people abide by the rules (according to the Bible for which this is what this entire discussion is about) then there would not be any situations. Mark knows exactly what he did wrong. His family knows exactly what he did wrong. Only Mark can fix HIS problem and no one else. He knows he is welcome back fully into the organisation and his family if he repents from slandering the organization and the people in it. This is all about one's ability to forgive and forget. I our organization, we all know the rules back to front. There is no confusion about this. Mark knows this as well, him being in it for 28 years. He well knows this. Therefore, he knows what he needs to do to fix these problems.

When you say "They will lose what they deem important if they continue a relationship" you are talking about God's requirement here. Even Jesus himself said "And everyone that has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive many times more and will inherit everlasting life." in Matthew 19:29

and what about this in Matthew 10:34-39?

Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me. 39 He that finds his soul will lose it, and he that loses his soul for my sake will find it

are you saying Jesus is wrong?

19. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    ah most definitely...its the only logical explanation of our current being!!

erolelcott, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  20. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would I want to belong to an organisation that I was born into third generation, if I disagreed with it's principles?

What if I had my own crisis of conscience and could not handle any longer the falsehoods that I saw being taught from such organisation?

Would it be truth, to be a hypocrite unto oneself, to lie to myself to stay within it? What purpose would this serve?

Got to say, I love your 'red herring' way of argumentation. Anyone that disagrees with you, you label as angry, as an individual prone to 'outbursts' - please provide proof exactly of where I have done this. You are making a grave erroneous error of judgement if you think that after 13 years passing I still feel anger towards the organisation, quite obviously you have not read everything I have written upon said subject.

You Sir, are like an animal that when it get cornered, lashes out with any words imaginable, hoping by gum, that some of them will stick, whilst the foundation of such words have not a grain of truth within them.

Please, learn to augment your points of view with a little more integrity and sincerity for the real subjects at hand here.

Now, perhaps it may have escaped your notice, that one of the things that always puzzled me about the Witnesses, even as a kid, was the point about voting.

As near everyone else knows, in any democratic structure of government, it is everyones right, to be able to vote, is this not so?

Would you kindly explain to the audience here why this is not allowed within the Jehovah's Witnesses and the reasons behind this?

Would you also care to explain why if an individual witness in the congregation was to take part in a vote or an election of government, that said individual witness, upon being found out in the congregation of partaking in such, would straightaway be called up for a Judicial Committee presided over by 3-4 Elders, who would then judge said action as being sinful or not, as the case may be? Perhaps you could explain this in a nutshell, so everyone comes to a full understanding of the processes involved behind this highly questionable point of law?

For correct me if I am wrong, but it is Everyones Right under Law to be allowed to vote, yet as you and I both know, a witness doing this, is meted out with the same punishment i.e. total disfellowshipping, total excommunication from the organisation. This would then mean that all family members would then totally disassociate themselves from any fellowship at all with this witness that had partaken in the voting process. They would essentially be cast out as evildoers, worshipper's of satan and his corrupt system, on a level with fornicators, adulterers and idolaters. People to be avoided at all costs. Simply because they exercised their RIGHT to Vote democratically.

How is it fair to mete out such a punishment structure, which causes the most immense emotional turmoil in family lives for something which is our constitutional right (to vote), a simple thing, that most other people, take for absolute granted, how can this be construed as fair and the right thing to do?

Could it not be considered unlawful to disallow members of the population to vote as is their right, without fear of being punished in the extreme like this?

Do you believe this is lawful on the part of the organisation to allow this practice to continue? (Members must NOT vote in elections for government).

I personally think this is an absolute disgrace.

I await your thoughts upon this very serious matter with mild interest.

Yours truly.

Mark Magawr

Magawr, Feb 1, 2008 IP