1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boonex Dolphin review?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Pixelrage, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NazStory

NazStory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so now none of em is special. Dolphin "Full of bugs" AbleSpace "Full of Bad Reviews"

NazStory, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. Robbin

Robbin Guest

Best Answers:
    NazStory, Look http://www.abledatingreview.com/ - all reviews here

Robbin, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  3. MikerDK

MikerDK Guest

Best Answers:
    Robbin,thanks
    But please tell me about Boonex.I think, script is free and support sucks! What do you expect for a free script?It is impossible

MikerDK, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  4. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anything positive about this script? Any social networking script you find out there has bugs..phpFox, Rayzz, Joomla, AbleDating and all the other ones are full of bugs too. I dont think there is a perfect script out there. So which one is the best? Is Dolphin something i should try?

netpox, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  5. Socialnetworker

Socialnetworker Peon

Best Answers:
    Socialnetworker, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  6. Socialnetworker

Socialnetworker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Dmitry Rudakov....nice new name. What does DK stand for?

Socialnetworker, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  7. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try it, it's free, but personally I think it's one of the worst written scripts I've ever seen. On top of that it's only pseudo-free, in that you're expected to pay for proper support to get it to work properly, there are even rumours that it's deliberately buggy to get people to pay for help - not sure if that's true though.

It does look nice, which sort of lures you in (I have one site using Dolphin myself) but it's a total pain to use, the templates don't make much sense if you're trying to make your own and it has more bugs than an Amazonian rain forest.

I'm thinking of giving phpfox a try, converting my Dolphin site to that, but it costs money, so I'm still just thinking about it.

I have a few sites that run on osDate, which is far more stable than Dolphin and has a totally open and transparent support forum and no hidden extras, unless you count paying $5 for a special template, which you don't need to as you can just alter the free ones it comes with.

I'm also going to check out VLDPersonals after reading a post earlier in this thread. :)

Astroman, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  8. MikerDK

MikerDK Guest

Best Answers:
    Socialnetworker
    i am not Dimitry my name is Miker, and you?
    Astroman , thanks !It is really pseudo-free?Ok, i dont like it...

MikerDK, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  9. Astroman

Best Answers:
    Well it is free, you don't ever have to pay them anything, but you have to pay for support to get it to work properly.

Astroman, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  10. AlonsoDC

AlonsoDC Guest

Best Answers:
    Look abledating.This is not free but pretty advanced CMS that has many modules and ton’s of good layouts.And real FREE support.

AlonsoDC, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  11. Astroman

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend abledating myself, I've heard some pretty terrible things about it - though I haven't used the software myself I have been around the dating software scene for like 5 years and I've pretty much only heard bad things about abledating, and the only people I've seen post good things have been people with just a few posts on forums like they joined just to say that abledating is good.

I'm not saying you're doing that, but I would love to see genuine praise for abledating, or any dating software actually, from someone who's been around a long time and has been using whatever software for at least a year or so.

Edit: I take it back AlonsoDC, you are one of those people I've heard about - I just looked through your posts and they all seem to be about abledating, oh well...

Astroman, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  12. Socialnetworker

Socialnetworker Peon

Best Answers:
    Another fake review from Dmitry Rudakov, the Russian Scum Scammer

Socialnetworker, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  13. Astroman

Best Answers:
    Socialnetworker, your sig link doesn't work, it might be too long? You can shrink it with link shrink url link in my sig if you like, or use tiny url or somewhere like that if forums don't allow long urls. Or you can probably just make it a text link by typing a bit of text then highlighting it and clicking the world link icon and entering the address.

Astroman, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  14. WriteInYourVote

WriteInYourVote Banned

Best Answers:
    Dolphin is shit. Unless you are a coding genius... don't mess with it. I ended up having to pay one of the developers that worked on it to do everything for me, and I'm still not happy.

I have since decided to take a custom route, after spending around $2000 on these bastards and not being close to satisfied. I wish I would have saved myself the money and never fucked around with Boonex or any of it's terrible products.

If you are going to make a social network that you expect to go big time, stay far away from this piece of shit. Oh yeah, there's also a bug that crashes your database after you have 70,000 users. How does Boonex remedy this? They're releasing SHARK, a new product with more new features, and more bugs I'm sure.

I do belief that this is a scam to get you to pay. Anyone who is not a coding master will HAVE to pay someone to make any progress with this software.

WriteInYourVote, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  15. WriteInYourVote

WriteInYourVote Banned

Best Answers:
    WriteInYourVote, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  16. AlonsoDC

AlonsoDC Guest

Best Answers:
    Switched from Dolphin to AbleDating- they actually converted the database with my 30,000 members in 12 hours

AlonsoDC, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  17. Astroman

Best Answers:
    AlonsoDC, seeing as you own Abledating I don't think your opinion counts.

Astroman, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  18. Robbin

Robbin Guest

Best Answers:
    Please tell me about this free script. It is really free?!

Robbin, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  19. tbrides

tbrides Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    I asked a question about these other dating software packages but nobody answered my question:

Anybody got experience with

datingsoftware.biz

phpfox.com

vldpersonals.com

or

datingpro.com

tbrides, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  20. Astroman

Best Answers:
    I've looked into phpfox a bit and it looks interesting, but I haven't bought it yet.

I have bought vldpersonals.com after reading this thread and they are in the process of converting my Dolphin site for me, for $100, and say it will be done by Thursday - say I shall have to see how that goes.

phpfox guys also said they could convert my dolphin site but quoted me $450 to do it... so I told them never mind, that I would convert it myself if I decided to buy their software.

I wouldn't consider the other two on your list as they don't have public forums where people can discuss and rant about how crap they are, which usually mean they're even worse than that. :)

Astroman, Feb 5, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.