1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dont' purchase the iLance script

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Jayyyyyyyy, Jan 3, 2008.

I'm writing this to warn anyone thinking about purchasing the iLance reverse auction script. It has supposedly been in development since 2004, but it is still full of bugs. You'd think that after 4 years you could at least accept payments w/o problems. WRONG. The owner is so worried about getting more money (though script purchases) he just keeps adding new functions to the script while the main functions are full of bugs! The customer service is great, right unit you pay, then you get the cold shoulder.

Beware. Their forum has two sections. One for prospective clients and one for people who bought the script. The section for script owners is full of complaining about all the bugs. Too bad you never get to see this until you've paid them over $500 for the script. And guess what? No refunds because it is open source and they don't want you steeling their script full of bugs.

I got sucked in because everything seems to be working on the demo. But the demo doesn't use actual payments and I didn't spend enough time on it to realize all the bugs it had.

Mods, if this is the wrong place for this post I'm sorry, but people need to know about this script.

Jayyyyyyyy, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  2. tigermedia_ca

tigermedia_ca Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's interesting that there are 2 forums like that.. ones who know and those who don't.

Our Traffic Script as been in development over a year and it works fine, but anytime you add anything new it takes a long time to test and beta it to ensure there are no problems, but even then something no doubt pops up in a year that you didn't think about.

Without use, bugs won't work themselves out. But, if the coder isn't willing to put the time in to fix the problems, the script indeed sucks.

tigermedia_ca, Jan 3, 2008 IP
    Pastorsinlot likes this.
  3. Jayyyyyyyy

Jayyyyyyyy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, it sucks. To anyone thinking about purchasing the script, just search "powered by ilance" and see all of the sites built using the script - none of them are successful sites because they can't open their site to the public because the script doesn't work.

Jayyyyyyyy, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  4. Jayyyyyyyy

Jayyyyyyyy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an update: I have resolved my issues with ILance and they are working with me at this time

Jayyyyyyyy, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  5. Xeter_Design

Xeter_Design Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your post brother...it's good to see on these forums that everyone warns of dodgy practices from other web based companies...

Sorry to hear of your losses...maybe we can rally together to get some sort of action against the company that took your money

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    CEO Xeter Design and Development

Xeter_Design, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  6. mwoeppel

mwoeppel Peon

Best Answers:
    Have to concur. I bought the product in october, it's so buggy to be unusable. I don't know how Jayyyyyyyy got his issues fixed, but I feel like I've been ripped off.

Sorry for the negative first post - I'll introduce myself shortly.

Mark

mwoeppel, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  7. 676f72

676f72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the info.
    This is pretty contradictory with open source concepts... :/

Cheers

676f72, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  8. niravdave

niravdave Active Member

Best Answers:
    By mentionting 'Open Source', he means it the 'Open PHP Source Code'.

I was thinking of buying it, but was not sure, now I m sure am not buying it.

Thanks guys!

dave

niravdave, May 20, 2008 IP
  9. traffic97

traffic97 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also awaiting my issue to be sorted out with Ilance .. Afterwards I will write my review. You can also pm me, if you want to know more about Ilance.

traffic97, May 22, 2008 IP
  10. wterpilo

wterpilo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    for what exactly issue are you waiting for? Maybe I can help you? Did you post your bug to the tracker? We provide for our users bug tracker where they can post their bugs. We fix them and release new versions. So I don't know what is the problem?
    We're almost ready to release new version where most of bugs is fixed.

@niravdave - you can also PM me if you want to know more about ILance and our products.

Wojtek
    http://www.ilance.com

wterpilo, May 22, 2008 IP
  11. traffic97

Best Answers:

I have posted many bugs to bug tracker and awaited for an update for about 3 months now. I really had hoped this script would come out of it's buggy foundation. But alas I found that the whole foundation itself is full of bugs.
    Hence whatever you do to the upper crest, is of no good, becuase the root is where the problem lies.
    That is the sole reason why there are hundreds of sites
    deserted by their owners. Facts don't lie. Please go through all the sites that you find in google , and see how many of them are actively running now.

If only I had been wise to search Ilance review on google, I would not have had such an experience.

Thanks

traffic97, May 22, 2008 IP
  12. wterpilo

wterpilo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    what I see you've posted 4 feature request (not even bugs http://www.ilance.com/forum/projectsearch.php?do=searchresults&searchid=344). So it means there is no bugs as you say. We (ILance) provide professional tool and it's up to you how you will use it. If you don't have any idea how to use it's not our fault.
    We have lot of satisfied customers which already have inteview in TV:
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxow2NwYx2c
    - http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...f&search_type=
    If we would try to scam you this would not happen. So please don't try to slander ILance.

Regards
    Wojtek
    ILance
    http://www.ilance.com

wterpilo, May 24, 2008 IP
  13. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BidWarsLive.com

Doesn't load for me.

Peace,

Barti1987, May 24, 2008 IP
  14. traffic97

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Please allow guests to browse the forum. So they get a good idea of what real users are posting and then make them decide whether to purchase or not. This way you can save yourself from many complaints arising later.
    All other developers have an open forum,( whereby they do not hide real forums from prospective buyers ) whereby anyone can browse and even ask question on presales category integrated on the main forum itself.
    Thanks

traffic97, May 24, 2008 IP
  15. traffic97

Best Answers:

Seems that is also deserted. Sigh !!!

traffic97, May 24, 2008 IP
  16. psalzmann

psalzmann Member

Best Answers:
    Binu, you don't get it do you? It's funny because what you are going on about is besides the "point". Why don't you sit here and tell everyone what's really going on? You know? like facts. State them. Here I'll do it for you:
    1. You bought ILance, were happy since January this year. (it's now May). That's like 4 months to plan your actions as we're seeing now.
    2. Tried to customize it, didn't turn out like you wanted.
    3. Tried to hire a programmer OUTSIDE ilance, didn't turn out like you wanted.
    4. Tried to design your site, didn't turn out like you wanted.
    5. Trying to tarnish ILance's reputation on sites like Digital Point, Namepros, where god only knows what other sites you've been doing on that on. Don't worry, we'll find them. I will assure you that.
    6. Wojtek and Peter (main ILance founders) discuss options to turn an "upset" customer into a "satisified" customer. What did we do? well I'll tell you: Wojtek sent you a PM saying this: "We are sorry you felt like you were scammed from ILance, but we are not a scam company. It's the opposite. What we'd like to propose is the following: You can resell your license to only (1) ONE person to make up for any lost funds for your investment in ILance. If that wasn't good enough, the response we recevied was appauling (to say the least): "Pay me $300 and I'll go away" (in so many words).
    7. Peter learns that this customer "binu" is now attempting to extort $300 from ILance based on the statement of "not going away - I'll make your company look bad if you don't pay me". I laughed my ass off Binu. You're too much. Who are you? some guy from sopranos? :D
    8. Peter visits the thread to tell it like it is.
    Let me continue Binu:

PRE-SALES are for PRE-SALES. It's simple. It's designed to let people ask questions about ILance before purchase from an Official ILance Sales Person, get it? "Pre" Sales? Meaning people are posting here are not actual customers. I mean what more do you want? for us to take pre-sales off? we show the world how we conduct ourselves by opening a pre-sales forum. How can you possibly say something negative about that?

LICENSED AREAS are for LICENSED HOLDERS who license the software. It's gives value to our customers license. Licensed customers can go to ILance to get information they require, help they need or a bug to be fixed. It's how any company works that deal in script sales. Something I don't think you know too much about.

Now is that CLEAR enough?

Why on earth would we MIX the two? You're not making any sense here. We're not creating open source forum software or blog software Binu. What ILance creates is what customers buy to earn solid revenue. That revenue doesn't happen over night and it certainly doesn't happen when you are sitting there working your marketplace vs. marketing your marketplace. I hope you understand that. ILance will do everything other than market -- and even with the latest version focusing on heavy SEO/SEF techniques I think it's safe to say that yes, Even ILance will do a better job at marketing and indexing your pages than you would do manually. The pages (auction listings are very SEF compatible). In fact, everything is automated in ILance. It if wasn't, how is it suppose to think and act when it leaves ILance for a release? That's why it takes longer to release updates because we take pride in what we are releasing. You know it. But you insist on making us look bad. That's wrong.

There is nothing to hide other than the code snippets our licensed customers help other members with. We have discussions ranging from "How to market your marketplace" to "How to disable a specific feature". Why would we give competitors or customers of competing solutions that chance to see what ILance is giving our customers? Just because you feel that is not right, doesn't mean it isn't. You are a customer who is ranting a raving about a refund. ILance is a good company with thousands of customers. We've been around since 2002.

BidWarsLive had a solid marketplace running for well over a year. It's sad you didn't go there when it was active. They sold PlayStation 3's for $20 (or less), iPod for pennies and Widescreen LCD's for ~$10 to $20 ($2500 value) also things like Gift Certificates worth at least in the range of $100 to $250 and much more.

ILance worked with Chris and his team for several months to perfect his marketplace based on the "Lowest Unique Bidder". Lowest unique Bidder functionality is only one of the many types of business models you can role out with ILance. ILance does Reverse Auction (like Scriptlance/Guru/Elance) and does Forward Product Auction like uBid, eBay and others). Lowest unique bid is different -- a similar site like SilverTag.com. In other words, ILance does everything for our customers. We left nothing out.

Chris and his Team (BidWarsLive) was featured on Fox News. They were featured on Fox because the major media wanted to learn more about Chris and his marketplace. This is only one of the many great business offerings ILance provides. For you to call us a scam is slanderous. You have nothing to back that "scam" statement up with. Do you even know what "scam" means? There is a great business model behind ILance's Lowest Unique Bid, and for you to now say something like "site is deserted" shows your lack of professionalism for both ILance and any client running an ILance powered marketplace. Your intentions are clear here. Also, on topic, if you actually MARKETED the BASE framework of ILance of what it provides without all your customiztion (you know? the software you saw and demoed before purchase) because when you purchased you sounded like a really smart man -- You could have been on Fox news too and this wouldn't be happening.

An for the record - Businesses come and go, partners fall through .. you know? it's called "Business". Something you should be more savvy in. But no, your business is wasting everyone's time with your slanderous remarks about ILance. ILance is the best there is. You know it - You bought it remember? or was that some figment of my imagination?

If you're going to showcase ILance to members of Digitalpoint then why don't you find a real site actually running right now showcased on Fox News:
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-9mLH1icBqg

Then why don't you view that site (I think everyone will enjoy it): DOMYSTUFF dot com.

And another thing. ILance has a privacy policy. Do you really think only a single customer using ILance has been featured on prime time news? Think again Binu. ILance works, it's just not a solution that works for you. Let's face that fact and move on because it works for others.

Thinking about it more, the only "marketplace" you'll see on Prime Time news is eBay. Binu, show me another marketplace running OTHER software (not ilance) that is doing solid business today? I'm talking about a competing solution. How can you call ILance a scam with all this proof about how ILance is doing everything we can to make our customers successful. Some win, some lose, don't blame your mistakes on ILance software. This is exactly what you are doing. ILance will only be successful when our clients become successful. It's how it works in this industry.

Furthermore, you also failed to understand that if you wanted to resell your site you could have without problem - You just needed to contact ILance before hand. You didn't do that. You broke the EULA, here look:

So now you continue to reply, post new topics by doing only one thing - Slandering the company, calling us a scam, calling us out on things we've proved you wrong. This conversation to me is long overdue and it nothing more than a waste of my time and energy, including the people reading this nonsense. If you want to know about ILance, go to ILance. If you have a problem with ILance, go to ILance. What you're doing is the same thing kids do. They want drama, love drama on everyone elses expense. What better place to do this but on popular forums like Digital point. Don't worry, we've been in contact with all webmasters running these sites based on your false statements, and you've already had your posts removed in another forum. The point? you're wasting time.

It sounds like you've grown tired, you lack PHP knowledge, lack of hiring skills (to find and get the people to help you) and now this. I can assure you any company will not comit to a 4 month refund especially when you've been online, active and in the development stages of your business. The facts are the facts. You had a business, now you want a refund for the software you bought to run your business. We don't work like that. Nobody does. If they do, it's their every right to do so.

You invested in ILance, something that is amazing to people that know what it's about. To some people, being able to buy a marketplace that works like Guru/Scriptlance/Elance/eBay/SilverTag for under $1000 is a dream come true. It's taken us 6 years to perfect the solution. And I'm not referring to "6 years fixing bugs" like you tried to put words in my mouth on another forum.

You've exhusted enough energy of myself and other ILance founders/partners and employees. From this point forward we would rather leave this up to our legal team. I don't have time to sit on forums to rebutt ILance. Maybe 5 years ago when I was promoting ILance but at the moment the company has too many "REAL" contracts to spend any more time with this forum post regarding ILance is a scam, and how people shouldn't buy. Why don't you let people have a chance to review it like you had that chance when you learned about ILance? Again, ILance is not for you.

I have attempted to work with you professionally, in fact we have all tried but there is no further point. This matter is now out of my hands for good based on your last statement about extortion. That was a very bad mistake you made, period.

Also, regarding bugs and fast turnaround times -- NO, the bug tracker is not there for you to report an issue and demand a fix ASAP. It's there to report issues to be fixed in the next available release. If we had 10 customers we would personally fix everyone up via FTP but we don't. You don't get it. We have thousands of clients and when an update is to be released, we try to move everyone over to it. We can't do it any other way with the amount of people we deal with. Does that make any sense Binu? well it should, it's the truth. Something you don't understand because you don't run a company like this. You know nothing that is involved in this process. It's hard, complicated and very challenging. The people running the show enjoy that challenge. Why let all the Major Players suck up the industy of buyers and seller and providers? That's unfair. ILance is here to give you and other businesses / webmasters a chance to compete in the market. Some make it big with ILance, others don't. The last thing we are is a SCAM. Get that through you head please. I'm trying so hard not to be rude here.

Yes there will be bugs (in anything you buy, all walks of life - we're human. We make mistakes but if you think we leave people hanging that's not true. That's what our bug tracker does. Report bugs, we fix. What do you think Windows Live Update is all about? I mean did you realize that Microsoft paid nearly 9 BILLION for Vista over a period of 5 years development? did you also know that it has bugs? Well if you didn't here's some news for you -- it does. So if a company that has spent so much money on a product like Windows and is still not perfect after 9 billion, how can you compare that to a company like ILance that is trying to do great business that receive absolutely no outside investments? You can't. The point is we're human and we all make mistakes.

Let me SHOW you what I mean:

$binu = 'this isn't working, it's a bug';

Now, it looks like something normal right? well the small human mistake here is this:

$binu = 'this isn't working it's a bug';

See the red above? Here would be a fix:

$binu = "this isn't working it's a bug";

Do you see the difference? a FIX vs. being called a SCAM?

Now go on and let everyone know that ILance is a scam because we make mistakes. You're the only one losing here. Do you really think that people on this forum care about a minor bug such as that above? some will, others will basically laugh and fix it and move on or post it to be fixed in the bug tracker. ILance doesn't need to prove anything to you or anyone else. Our product works, and it works very well. We've already proved it with the actual "release" called "ILance" that you invested, enjoyed and then decided to call a scam company. Get real Binu.

Scammed isn't even the right word here Binu. Let's try another shall we? - Misinformed. And that's it. You were misinformed because you didn't read the fine print. ILance is not going to sit down with you, hold your hand and help you read the fine print. I'm certainly hoping that with a public EULA agreement on the web site you would have read it because let's face it - it's a binding contract telling you what you can and can't do. If you don't agree, you don't buy.

I'm just here now because I feel the right to defend ILance from someone like you. You hang out on forums all day ranting and raving about ILance (and don't quote me saying that this is not your past time to rant and rave about software companies like you did on Namepros) because what are you doing now? You're doing the exact thing you said you don't do regularily, but it's true. You are like that. People often say things they pretend to "not do" but really, they are the only people doing it. It's actually a normal psychological thing people do everyday and sometimes don't even know they are doing it.

Do you really think you're going to receive $300 for something you bought half a year ago? But at the same time do you think we're going to be subject to your extortion? If you would have been professional we could have sorted this issue out amicably.

You've gone way to far here.

Peter, Founder
    ILance

psalzmann, May 24, 2008 IP
  17. traffic97

Best Answers:
    Wow !!. Such a detailed explanation I never expected. If only you had spent this much time to get your script right, it would have done good. You had successfully removed my posts from Namepros forum. What I like about Digitalpont is unlike Namepros forum, they do not remove posts from genuine buyers with their review. Now namepros forum is pretty useless, as they favour certain webmasters. I had also bought this script after reading the review at Namepros. Only now I found that they were constantly removing all negative threads from namepros, so that we are left with only the good reviews. See how many ways a customer is scammed ? I sincerely hope DP will not do it, as it has a non biased attitude, and that is why DP is the most favourite among all webmasters.
    Anyway, I do not want to continue this tarnishing unless you insist again. First of all this thread was not started by me. And I end this with a previous quote from another customer from this thread itself.

Best of Luck !!!!!

traffic97, May 25, 2008 IP
  18. Jayyyyyyyy

Jayyyyyyyy Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to stay out of all the bashing, but this is kind of annoying. Yes iLance fixes bugs in bug tracker then releases updated versions. But there is no guaranty when a new version will be released and early fixes for bugs are not released. I've been waiting for the last update since January. I've written at least 3 pm's to peter over the last few months asking when the new update will be completed. Every time I was told it would be a week or two at the most. There still hasn't been a new release and there is no promise of one anytime other than "soon" just like the past 5 months - that's a problem.

I've come to peace with the fact that it could be some time before the next release, but I just wish the iLance crew would be completely open & upfront about what they have fixed and what they are still working on and how many people are working x numbers of hours/week to fix the problems. I feel like I'm being deceived when they keep telling me the release will be out within a week or two and months go by.

On the positive side, in the past couple months there has been a good amount of activity on the forums with members fixing and discussing bugs then sending them to peter to be included in the next update.

Jayyyyyyyy, May 27, 2008 IP
  19. tbrides

tbrides Peon

Best Answers:
    ok,
    so how is ilance looking now?
    Who isusing it? How is it? Are they interested in large projects...

tbrides, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  20. slinger2424

slinger2424 Peon

Best Answers:
    I too would love to hear an update from ILance users.

Thank You

slinger2424, Oct 18, 2008 IP