1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you have an inner page with your highest PR - but should not?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by NetMidWest, Jan 12, 2008.

1. CGlines

CGlines Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm having the same problem except it IS affecting SERPs for me in a horrible way. my site is a fairly new site (8 months old), the homepage has 140 backlinks, and the inner pages have basically 0 backlinks from external sites yet 4 of 7 internal pages have gone up in PR while my homepage has remained a 0. i really wouldn't care, except at the same time that all of this happened, my site's ranking for keywords that it has been top 5 for consistently for the past 4 months has dropped out of sight almost completely. seems like the homepage of my site which used to do extremely well for certain keywords basically took an average of a -100 hit in the SERPs. now its basically invisible to natural search results.

i know i haven't ever paid for any links or done any other blackhat SEO stuff, anyone have any ideas as to why this might have happened? im praying its just a PR update glitch somehow.

my site is here by the way

CGlines, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  2. abdul.pcet

abdul.pcet Peon

Best Answers:
    All my inner pages are having pr 4 and pr 5..except my home page...
    pr for home page is ZERO...............:))

abdul.pcet, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  3. abdul.pcet

abdul.pcet Peon

Best Answers:
    PR for home page will not remain constant...............More chances for decrement and less chances for increment..

4. abdul.pcet

abdul.pcet Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone wants pr for home page der s onlyyy one solution...
    After submitin to all major search engines dont do any posts...........:) leave ur site for 1month.....Damm sure u il get pr for homepage..........

5. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have PR0 on all my pages :(, but BootyArcade.com has a PR1 homepage, and a game thats PR9 i think. But, that may be wrong!

peter_anderson, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  6. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your problem may be the main text on the home page - it is black, your background in that area is black, and though you have a background image, it may not pass muster with Google. Change the text to blue to match the first line (the company name) or make the cell white - which depending on how the page was built, may or may not change the appearance once the background image loads. You can also change the background color of the text... but that would affect the appearance of the background image.
    I see PR4 pages. But I think your problem is that you need a 301 redirect from the non-www version to the www version. You are splitting up your PR and confusing things - Google sees 2 duplicate pages. Do a site: search and see how many come up without...

NetMidWest, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  7. CGlines

CGlines Peon

Best Answers:
    very good advice. never thought of that, although im not sure if that is the problem considering my homepage is still indexed, it has just dropped significantly in the SERPs and not gained PR for all of my efforts. so unless you're saying that Google just might be penalizing it for thinking it has "hidden text" (which I thought they would ban a site for, not just penalize it), then thats probably not the problem. i did take your advice and change the cell to white though, so we'll see if that helps. thanks.

CGlines, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  8. peter_anderson

Best Answers:
    How do I do that? When using the Redirect in my cPanel, I just get this:

peter_anderson, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  9. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Open your File Manager, go to the public_html folder, and click on the .htaccess file. In the upper right, click on Edit File, and paste this into it:
    RewriteEngine on
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.bootyarcade\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.bootyarcade.com/$1 [R=301,L]
    </IfModule>
    Code (markup):
    Then save it, of course.

NetMidWest, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  10. peter_anderson

Best Answers: