1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft is starting to piss me off !

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thinkdj, Jan 18, 2008.

?

Is Microsoft loosing it's charms ?

1. Yup

18 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. I still like XP though

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  5. Who cares

8 vote(s)
    10.0%
    Lets start off from their flagship product, Vista.. There is nothing great about it and I'd stick on with XP anyday.. Microsoft announced that Vista was their highest grossing product ever ! I wonder how when Vista only has 14 percent usage in first it's 11 months. Remember the similar situation of Windows 98 to XP transformation ? That was very well worth it as XP was 10 times more stable and secure than 98. But that does not apply when you compare Vista to XP. There simply is no reason why anyone should ditch XP for vista. There is nothing that great in vista either [except maybe some eyecandy with aero, at the expense of a 512 MB videocard]

It's a crappy move to sell new laptops *only* with Vista when XP is still preferred by most of us... Same goes with new releases from Microsoft... like take DX10 for example. Initially people thought that DX10 was a "vista only" install as it used advanced features only vista provided. Within weeks, there was a hacked version [released by Alky Project] of DX10 that works on XP.

Lastly, ms is trying very hard to to expand the hotmail user base. It started off in India by a sub standard campaign called coolhotmail.com where users could get personalized email ID ending with stuff like @iamcool.com @iloveaishwarya.in etc. Furthermore, any contest sponsored by them would have a compulsory Live ID login.
    The incident that flamed me the most was MS's new contest called 360moment. Users [ i think it's for Indians ] can upload pics they took and the ones with the most votes can win a laptop ! *drool* I signed up. Submitted a pic. everything's fine. Now where is the pic I uploaded ? Oh ! it's on page 23 in category 3.. There is no 'jump to page' .. All you can do is keep clicking next 22 friggin times.. Finally, I managed to get the link of my image and offlined it to my friends hoping to get some votes.
    Then I decided to check the voting page, just to make sure everything was fine.. GOD ! there is a stupid Captcha placed and it's so horrible that no human, let alone a bot, could possibly go past that image verification. I try and try for 5 diff images and finally get through. phew ! Now what ? You need to "have a live ID" to vote ! WTF ? Now which sane friend would signup for a live ID to do a simple task as rating a photograph ? :confused: I've mailed them about it [crappy captcha], but got no reply yet.

Microsoft is trying hard to keep up it's image and expand it's online presence .. But the methods they're trying are just hopeless !

thinkdj, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  2. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    have you seen their new operating system? here

bill gates personally managed it - he got 1 year olds to make it :)

peter_anderson, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  3. DesignBytes

DesignBytes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree,

A similar case I would like to discuss.

Club Live Games, I played some games over there ALL LEGIT way.NO BOTS.
    and redeemed a number of prizes, ordered them (ordered a few items more than 1 qty.) and got the confirmation mail for each single qty of item.And my delivery date was 2 months later.

Then after few months, Microsoft changed the policy, that players can only order 1 QTY of a product for a single address or so.I mean WTF.And now after 2 months what I recieved is only 1 QTY of each product.Now I ordered n was confirmed fordelivery 2 months before when there was no such policy.And i'm feeling like FOOLED / CHEATED by Microsoft.

Similar case, I emailed them twice or thrice about this matter, what the crap they always reply is some freaky funny FAQ mail or a Auto response message only.

No relevent reply is there EVER IN ANY CASE.

LETS ALL SUE MICROSOFT OVER THIS FOOLING N IGNORING OF ITS CUSTOMERS N OThER PEOPLE.

Regards
    CB

DesignBytes, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  4. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ThinkDj.. you need to realize that "You need to "have a live ID" to vote " makes it more fair.. why? people can easily make bs votes.. and you getting your friends to vote for you kinda makes the point of that contest into "who ever has the most friends on msn wins" ..

Now with your vista problem.. seriously.. who cares.. I mean vista looks a lot better.. and its responses to failing programs is great. and things like "Switch between windows" and "Show desktop" makes life so much easier..

Also vista to xbox 360 is very nice... and really overall i believe if you have a good pc.. vista > xp

yet if you have a crappy pc.. then stick with your xp..

And for CB..

do you know many people used macros?
    Mircosoft placing that rule (1 per house limit) saved them the whole project..

If you actually sat there and played the games.. then you are stupid.. you could just go get a job

And if you wanted to know.. there was a community.. with like 1000+ members that all marcoed on live search and like they grabbed over like 300 zunes.. and over 500 vista copies... Dont forget all the people selling zuens for like $30 on ebay.. it was chaos for like a week..

Dreads, Jan 18, 2008 IP
    worldman likes this.
  5. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Except for Vista, I commend Microsoft trying to improve its products like Hotmail and Xbox Live. Some of the things people are complaining about are growing pains and will not last forever. I love the fact that my Live ID, Xbox Live, and my Zune can all play together now. Sure, there were some problems with Zune updates, Xbox Live has been a bit buggy lately, but I look at the overall goal they are trying to accomplish. I like that they are trying to do some really neat things so all my Microsoft toys can play together, so I'm willing to deal with a bug here and there.....

Firegirl, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  6. DesignBytes

DesignBytes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    macros ?? u talking abt bots ?

but I can assure u, i never used bots
    the flexicon n chictionary games were cool n easy to solve games
    as i have been playin crossword every then and now from long in news papers n puzzle books :), so it was like a thing of SNAPPING MY FINGURES :)

But as you said, ya I got screwed, n other legit players got screwed cos of those idiot cheaters.

:(

Microsoft should have placed a rule for encountring the false play, not limiting the prize redeem.BAD POLICY n BAD MOVE.

Regards
    CB

DesignBytes, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  7. nflorinc

nflorinc Peon

Best Answers:
    I so hate windows vista.... my problem is i can not use xp on my other pc because of the 250gb hdd sata2. i not have a floppy drive so i can not install drivers to be able to install xp.. so. my problem with vista..
    I installed it i thought hmm nice version looks cool.. then problems begins.. i wanted to burn a cd and when i try to use vista's option for that surprise message calculating time remaining untill dvd wil get burned ... 23 days.... i thought ... hmm no way i closed the vista's utility i took my nero cd to install.. whne to install surprise again.. that version of nero not suported by vista .i thought hmm need update i stay 30 minutes (bad isp) to download nero update surprise again not suported i download another version again not suported then i got a messaje that i need latest nero..i thought well oki.
    then all programs i was using need new version for vista ready:D so vista suks:D i so hate vista:D

nflorinc, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  8. Hagadoo

Hagadoo Peon

Best Answers:
    :D Kinda reminds me why I had Vista for 3 whole days before going back to XP.

Hagadoo, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  9. nflorinc

nflorinc Peon

Best Answers:
    man anytime i will get on xp on my other pc but no stores in this town has a floppy drive ... is all i need to get back on xp because xp not see sata2 drives without a floppy to load the drivers.... if anyone has a solution for this pm me

nflorinc, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  10. hhyosong22

hhyosong22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've upgraded to vista, then downgraded back to xp. And that's not because my core 2 duo and 3gb ram can't handle vista. I'm going to stick to xp for a while.

hhyosong22, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  11. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Monopoly (xux I think Microsoft is monopoly) always sucks for it's customers, they just earn billions and they do not really care about you. :)

But when you own that monopoly, you are going to be very very very rich. :)

Markas, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  12. netmarketingaffiliates

netmarketingaffiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    Today no but tomorrow yes because of .net framework. The development framework will be based on new paradigm.

netmarketingaffiliates, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  13. templatetuner

templatetuner Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always hated microsoft.........big bullies they are

templatetuner, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  14. Yankee85

Yankee85 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree :D .NET 3.5 is amazing! :)

Yankee85, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  15. ketan9

ketan9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    XP is good and so is Vista. If you have a high end system like hhyosong22 has then Vista should be more preferable. Vista is more secure than XP if you don't know. A normal user can't easily mess Vista without admin previledges. Although in XP, you can mess your system without Admin. Its just people don't know about it. I am using Vista, initially I didn't like it, but then after a week's time, I prefer Vista over XP now (given the computer is fast enough and mine is).

ketan9, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  16. demonator09

demonator09 Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think so

demonator09, May 2, 2008 IP
  17. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No way. Vista really is cool. Only PC Linux OS is better, all other OSes, including Leopard, are way behind Vista.

rsrikanth05, May 2, 2008 IP
  18. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    its always interesting to find that there are vista fans and vista haters with very little in between, i am sure will use it someday, but for now xp is fine for me

t2000q, May 2, 2008 IP
  19. Yankee85

Yankee85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just now, but when Vienna will be available, everyone will be on Vista computers, and you'll see another bunch of "Vista vs Vienna" topics :)

Yankee85, May 2, 2008 IP
  20. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And all those who now say Vista sucks, will be saying Vienna sucks, Vista rules.

rsrikanth05, May 2, 2008 IP