1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does ClickBank actually work?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by obenix, Feb 7, 2005.

1. relysites

relysites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is well known, seems to work well for some, many claim they are making big $$ both as an affiliate (selling other people's profits) as well as their own.

relysites, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  2. mmariusel

mmariusel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.

I posted on my buisness blog an response to your question, in my opinion there is a lot of available market for this.

In plus now the ClickBank is offering the products database as XML feed so will be now easier to create a search engine to search in database and return the reults in your website.

mmariusel, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  3. kearnsey11

kearnsey11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed it has, althought they could do with sprucing it up a bit!!

kearnsey11, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  4. johnnyappleseed

johnnyappleseed Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is great for one simple reason; they offer a HUGE number of products that you can promote.

On the other hand, Clickbank Sucks for one simple reason; they offer a HUGE number of products that you can promote.

You have to sift through it and find a product that you like, understand, and would be willing to buy yourself. Then promote the heck out of it.

johnnyappleseed, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  5. stephensmith

stephensmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just recently started to promote some Clickbank products. I've earned maybe $250 from them over the past couple of months.

My Clickbank promotions have been rather slapdash so far and buried deep within my sites. I'm going to try going about it more systematically and visibly and see if I can turn Clickbank commissions into a real income.

As for choosing products to promote: They should fit with the theme of your site, of course. Aside from that, Clickbank offers several statistics to judge the money-making potential of each product.

Apparently, "gravity" is considered an important measure, but I haven't taken the time yet to understand what that means or how to interpret it.

One statistic that matters to me is the "% referred" figure. This means the percent of sales attributable to affiliates. One rule of thumb that I got from someone else, and that I follow, is to ignore products with less than 60% referred sales. Anything above that percentage (65% - 75% - 90% etc.) is good because it means that my fellow affiliates are earning money promoting that product.

The "earned per sale" and "% earned per sale" matter, too.

The former tells you how much you will get per each sale that you make, obviously. All else being equal, why spend your time and sweat promoting a product that will fetch you $10 per sale when another one will make you $50 (or more)?

The latter ("% earned per sale") tells you how much of the pie the seller of the product is willing to give you as a reward for making a sale. I look for this figure to be 50% or higher. After all, these are digital products whose per-unit cost to the seller (after whatever he spent to develop it) is virtually nil. If the seller feels he must take, say, 75% of each sale--leaving you as the affiliate with only 25% (and some are even worse)--then it makes me question whether very many units of the product are actually being sold.

Within each category, Clickbank by default lists the products in descending order of "Popularity," which I take to be a measure of sales. So the way I choose a product to promote as an affiliate is to 1) Look in a category that fits my site's theme, 2) Look at the top 5 or 10 products in that category, 3) From those 5 or 10 choose one(s) that has >60% referred sales, >50% earned per sale (the percent "paid out"), and >$30 actual money earned per sale (my arbitrary figure).

Again, I've only been doing Clickbank for a couple of months--and not very persistently at that. So I am no Clickbank expert. But in my limited experience, the above "product picking" guidlines seem to work.

- Steve

stephensmith, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  6. 101homebiz

101homebiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank works. There are also a lot of malls that offers Malls for clickbank products, i.e. cbmall

101homebiz, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  7. popnyc

popnyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is a good product or niche if I'm posting online classified ads?

popnyc, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  8. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    popnyc

Try something with low competition

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  9. oblivion19

oblivion19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah. the products on clickbank r really difficult to sell..
    i have so many clicks but no conversions!

oblivion19, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  10. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oblivion19

Don't think that product is your problem. First think about, how you promote it, how you present it to customers.

Do you do everything to make the product sell?

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  11. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    way to bring up history
    this thread is 3 years old lol

Swerd, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  12. jwgrafflin

jwgrafflin Guest

Best Answers:
    Let's make it four years. Still some good information here.

One thing to be aware of when using CB (or any other affiliate program or network), and that's sellers who use squeeze pages or free reports to get your referrals name and email address.

You usually get only one shot at those referrals. If they don't buy the first time they visit your affiliate link, chances are you've lost them. They may eventually buy the product, but it will be directly from the seller, since he, in essence, has stolen your lead.

Now, that's not to say all sellers do this. Just be aware that it does frequently happen. Always sign up for the free reports yourself so you can see what type promotions your referrals will receive. If you don't see your affiliate ID in those promotions, ditch that product and look for another.

It's real easy to check for your referral ID with CB. Just click on the buy link, then when the CB form comes up, right click and select view source. Then search for the word "affiliate" and you'll find this: [affiliate = xxxxx]. If you don't see your affiliate ID there in place of xxxxx, then you won't get credit for the sale.

Also be aware, if sales are slow and you don't meet the minimum threshold for payout, after a certain time period, you lose it because CB starts charging you a monthly fee until your balance reaches zero.

jwgrafflin, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  13. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank really works well if you are willing to work hard. I know someone who makes $20 -30K/month with clickbank and most of it is profit. You need to be aware of the latest products coming up so that you can plan accordingly.

EDIT - not again. another bumped thread. :D

TheVccMatey, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  14. cpywteam

cpywteam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank has a lot of good products to promote, although it has a lot of crap products as well. But anyway, Clickbank still works well for me. It's just a matter of choosing the good from the bad in my opinion.

cpywteam, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  15. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    most of their products are crap

rehash, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  16. jackroze59

jackroze59 Member

Best Answers:
    yes it really works..give it a try !

jackroze59, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  17. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i found clickbank work excellently for me. Because i have started making more money with clickbank alone.

GrandRoyal, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  18. dp general

dp general Member

Best Answers:
    infact i too think so because clickbank is for long time

dp general, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  19. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What puzzles me is some guys commenting here have been for long and how can they ask such a question? Clickbank works period. And IT is the easier ever for affiliates. Then it is also easy for the manipulators. Now if CB closes for some reason many will probably mourn because it is their cash cow! Clickbank is sending MILLIONS of dollars for affiliates and vendors every month.
    Please read the blog here >>> http://www.clickbank.com/blog/

dess71, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  20. aanhony

aanhony Guest

Best Answers:
    There are thousands of people who make a lot of money on clickbank. It surely does work because I am making money there too.

aanhony, Apr 19, 2011 IP