1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PUBLIC APOLOGY - 100,000 posts in your forum for $99.00

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cobby, Jan 8, 2008.

Big big big Apology to my clients

This is Cobby Drost and Im writing this note as an Explaination, Apology,
    and Finding a path to settle with the people that are owed money from this
    failed venture over the summer.

First off let me explain a little of what happened. I took way too many orders
    for my capacity. I had the best intentions, believe me I am a honest business
    man. I hired my wife to help and had a partner. My partner decided to screw me out of the money i gave him to do the work, and decided to not do the work. This last thing put a seal on the casket. I couldnt recover from this. I started working whacked hours trying to keep up, I got very sick, and i had just had a heart attack three months prior. I ended up having a second heart attack and third heart attack one after another. the third one almost killed me, and i lost 30% of my heart function. Im only 37 years old, which one heart attack is rare. this happened in june through july. I couldnt do anymore or i was going to die, and my kids need a dad. Its been a really bad year. I have a little six year old girl who loves her dad that had to watch him almost die while she was in my lap. Its been real hard. But Im feeling much better now and Im coming to you, basically on my knees apologizing. If I was a nutless schiester I wouldnt be here today coming to you.. I came back as soon as I could handle the whole thing physically.

Making Ammends
    Anyways thats what happened. I feel really horrible about all of this. As I said
    I am a good businessman. I don't rip people off. I want to come up with some arrangements with the people that are owed money and get you some refunds. I also can offer people the option of setting it up for them permantly so they get their posts etc, if thats the route you want to take.

For those taking refunds...
    This will be a long process as I dont have alot of money so every month ill have to figure what I owe people
    and send you a cashiers check. As this whole deal has decimated my paypal account.

If you take the Work route...
    Its a very good for seo, if your willing
    to put some serious work into their forums. This isnt for people who want to sit and forget it. It will just damage you. If you work your forum get good links and so on, youll see twice or triple the type of traffic and clicks on ads than youd get just hiring forum posters or natural posts. As the sheer volume alone makes for the big boost. with updated content.

Anyways this is what I can do, either work out a refund arrangement with you, or I can finish what I owe you. To my customers who i didnt owe money but need updates etc, feel free to contact me, as you fall under the injured client category.

Taking no new clients....
    I am taking no new orders at all until this crappy mess is cleaned up. Period. These people have waited long enough. Once we get past these obsticles Ill open back up for orders on a much more limited scale.

So please accept my wholest of apologies and if you want to be mad at me and scream i am ok with that.. Please i have broad shoulders, if you need to punch the shit out of me in the forum i can take it, im a mainer and we grew up rugged. :) Im a big boy.

Please feel free to IM me, reply to this post or email me at

Cobby Drost
    http://camley.info/incubator.html

cobby, Jan 8, 2008 IP
    medicalhumor and slayer like this.
  2. photoads

photoads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck for 2008 Cobby - it takes balls to admit you screwed up, people will respect you for this.

photoads, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. cobby

cobby Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if there was a screwup this year its this one. thanks for the vote of confidence.

I Just want to right a wrong.

cobby, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Cobby,

I dont know you nor have I used your services, so I was unaffected by any of this...

...nonetheless, I would like to thank you for your honesty and sincerely hope that this year proves better for you and wish you back to health in the soonest possible time.

I had a heart attack at the tender age of 22 but since then I have taken things a lot easier, and I urge you to slow down, smell the roses and just do the hours that your body can handle!

It takes a big man to post what you just did and I thank you for sharing it with us,

Best of luck for the future,

MOG

MOG, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  5. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck cobby! I'm sorry to hear you had to go through this. Hope your buyers can let it slide as well.

Tudi, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP should have more honest people like you.

As said above admitting a mistake and facing it is a really big deal.

Also good luck on building your business back up.

Cheers,
    Tom

slayer, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  7. cobby

cobby Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys i appreciate the support and kind words your giving me. I screwed up. but im honest and i'm a honest businessman. During the whole time i was down all i could think about was righting this wrong. I mean i had a good business going here but it just got out of control and i got very sick. You Know the addage adding insult to injury. and Murphys law, if its not broke dont fix it. Well this broke so i got to fix.

cobby, Jan 8, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I do not know you, I am too new here, but it takes a brave man to apologize especially on such a large and public forum as this. Do let me know what are your services so that I can see what I can do with whatever limited means I have.

Work hard, Work Smart but don't overwork!

wisdomtool, Jan 8, 2008 IP
    sawz likes this.
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it sucks that young people can drop like flies, but life is not guranteed at all, and
    certainly no length of time either, young or old, it happens.

how do you plan to deliver 100,000 posts to a forum?

dscurlock, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  10. cobby

cobby Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys.. Again i didn't expect this type of responses form the forum.

Ok on a hypothetical terms guys i will answer this. As im not taking new clients until i get this all cleared up.

wisdomtool: I offer automated forum posts, we offer custom forum posting services. we do forum development. skin development in vbulletin and phpbb. I do seo services for vbulletin and phpbb. we also offer moderator and adminsitrator training.

dscurlock: The 100,000 posts in your forum is a automated feed that brings the posts into your database from the usenet newsgroups of your choosing. Very effective for seo if you work a seo program of optimization and link building.

cobby, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  11. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    Again, I'm not someone that knows you, but good luck - shame about the jackass that screwed you. Take it easy mate :)

wisdomtool likes this.
  12. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi Cobby, I have read through your previous posts and problems. In life it is very easy to lose your reputation and trust, one misstep and your reputation and trustworthiness goes down the drain. It is very very difficult to regain back what you have lost.

At least you have made a good start with this thread, but talk is cheap and easy, action speaks louder. There were quite a lot of members here whom you need repay back. It is really not an easy task but hopefully you will come out of this unfortunate incident with your reputation and trust regained.

Hope to hear the good news through the mouths of those whom you had let down in the past. Best of luck to you.

wisdomtool, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  13. mackdesi

mackdesi Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey bro ... play it safe! don't know you from hole in the wall, but sure you seem like an honest man .. what kind of service do you provide?

mackdesi, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  14. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I'm out of the forum game, I'll take the cheque. PM me what details you need off me when you can send it out.

lapsaJ, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  15. mmcqueen

mmcqueen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Cobby,

Good luck and God Bless. I hope you land on your feet higher then you ever thought possible.

Again God Bless,

Michael

mmcqueen, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  16. www.iklanoke.com

www.iklanoke.com Banned

Best Answers:
    good luck sir

www.iklanoke.com, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  17. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome back!

I don't know you from here at DP, but I saw you and Ryan talking at AdminFusion, good to see your ok.

calum, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  18. manisht07

manisht07 Peon

Best Answers:
    just pray and ou will come out fine .

manisht07, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  19. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    cobby if it's going to take a while for the refund, I could take you up on the 100k posts. Looking to start a new forum soon.

lapsaJ, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  20. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey cobby sorry to hear about your situation. How much do you owe in refunds if you don't mind me asking? If thinks work out for me here in a week or so maybe i could help you out a bit.

killafawk, Jan 11, 2008 IP