1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad not showing - increase bid - no other ads!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by kes, Jan 8, 2008.

ok,

I have a keyword and when you type it into google .com or .uk there is no-one who is advertsing using it (cept me)

My bid was 0.10 which it started showing, but now adwords is saying to increase it to 0.25 and made it inactive.

I dont understand, if theres no other competitors, why are they asking me to increase it ?

kes, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site does not provide good information relevant to that keyword. In my experience, lot of visitors clicking on "back" button in browser after landing on your page. Even if you are only and one, Google will not accept site that providing "poor" information or/and irrelevant content and visitors habits showing that.

_vlada_, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. CopierMan

CopierMan Peon

Best Answers:
    This is google's way of becoming millionaires. LOL. Seriously, after you search for your keyword everyone can see that search term, therefore competitors may see that pharse and start bidding on it, forcing your auction price up from .10.

CopierMan, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    GuyFromChicago, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  5. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you CTR is low or going down, then Adwords asks you to increase your bids, because if people are not clicking on your ads, that means they don't find them relevant to their search.

GuyFromChicago

Thanks for the nice blog ;)

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. kes

kes Active Member

Best Answers:
    My site is exactly the keyword and still theres no others bidding on it.

Maybe as you say, people have been clicking on the ad, going to my site, then backing up.

ill see how it goes

kes, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  7. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by this CopierMan? How does searching for a keyword all of a sudden make competitors see the phrase? Are you talking about search spy like they have on DogPile?

Joobz, Jan 9, 2008 IP