1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good reason not to have a woman as president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I do not blindly follow what I do not agree with ;)

GRIM, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  2. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    But that is THE very question. Where did the first bible come from and who wrote it? How did they decide what to put in it.
    Which brings me onto QUestion 2
    What was in it for them?... WHy did they write it?

Valley, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  3. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if
    and
    than
    the bible discriminate

So, 'love thy neighbor' unless it's a woman? 'love thy neighbor' unless he's black? ' love thy neighbor' unless he's muslim? Where's the limit?

Muslim are not saying 'love thy neighbor'. At least they are not hypocites. They say 'kill the infidel neighbor' and they do it. They have one word...

I do not believe in god and I do not discriminate in any way. I do 'love thy neighbor' even if muslim, jewish, black, blue, small, female, handicapped, Italian, injured, deaf, japonese, tourist, ...you name it...and I don't have to, like believers...

Codythebest, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  4. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No question for me, i have faith that God preserved his word.

simplyg123, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

Best Answers:

are you serious? lol, You should read the bible maybe then you will see how silly you sound

6. Codythebest

Best Answers:
    I guess we can compare how silly you sound in my book...Of course, my book is not a best seller like the bible. The guy who wrote it must be rich by now...

7. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    I'm not twisting your words or "your book" to mean something totally ridicules. I'm stating what i believe and what the bible states, if you have a problem with that, than im sorry, I'm not asking you to accept it, im just stating it.

8. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    It's inspired word of God. Some of the reasons we know that it wasn't just written by men -

* If you read the Bible and have general knowledge of history, you'll see that the history follows the script laid out in the Bible. In other words, Bible predicted events that happened many centuries later. Obviously Joe 6Pack wouldn't be able to correctly predict the history. A few recent examples of events predicted in the Bible are Jewish state, military cooperation between UK and US, and confiscation of land of white farmers in Africa

* Science in the Bible is way ahead of it's time, or our time. For example, it states that Earth has spherical shape (that's roughly 2000 years before Galileo)

demosfen, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  9. Codythebest

Best Answers:
    Oh no problem...I have more tolerance than most believers. I have much less difficulties to accept a believer than a believer to accept my belief...Oh well, that's ok...

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It is usually men with very low self esteem that feel the need to dominate women. It makes them feel important. This is a free country. It is not necessary for a woman to accept that kind of behavior. I make my own money and decide how to spend it. I bought a house and a car all by myself. I don't need a man to be my leader. BTW, women can be excellent leaders.

Rebecca, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    There are two leaders I admire most in history; one was a woman, and one was a man: Boadicea (Boudica, or Boudicca as well), and Vercingetorix. Both took a disparate people and unified them when such an idea was inconceivable, in a brilliantly waged and utterly valiant response to tyranny.

Women can be great leaders. I am not a fan of Mrs. Clinton, but believe it is ridiculous that by this 21st Century, America has yet to hand the mantle to a female President.

northpointaiki, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  12. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    So whats the reason for the many women that feel it is wrong to usurp the authority of a man?

My self esteem has nothing to do with it. I believe what i believe for religious reasons. As does my wife. What you don't seem to realize is, there are many women that feel the same way i do. Look at Hilliary tonight, practically crying over the campaign, what will she do when Iran is ready to confront us in a military challenge? Will she tuck her head and cry? The fact is, authority requires testosterone. And surprisingly Hillary lacks that.

13. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if that were true, there would never be a successful marriage. trust me, i could care less to "dominate over a woman". i don't really know where that came from..

i simply won't vote for a weak woman leader who runs on the platform of being good at leading because she's a woman?

ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Really? Why? And I wasn't aware of a relationship between testosterone level and tears?

I ask, because to my memory, the current President has publically cried several times during the course of his tenure, and indicated his tears flow freely a good deal more in private. And in a very famous scene, the President's dad cried freely, over his fatherly feelings for his son Jeb.

If tears, or lack of them, is a consideration for worthiness for the Presidency, then pardon me, simplyg, but god help us.

15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The only authority men have over women, is the authority we choose to grant to them. This is a free world, I choose not to grant another human being the power to make my personal decisions for me. BTW, your statement about "authority requiring testosterone" is weak. You might want to think up another slogan.

Rebecca, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  16. simplyg123

Best Answers:

Perhaps you are correct, and ill leave it at that

17. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely correct, i would never force my wife to submit to me, she totally allows me the authority over her, because of our faith

now let me ask this

why are men usually bigger with more muscle tissue?

If we are to be equal why were we created so different?

18. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    conclusion - men are the same as women at everything.. no differences.

i am a horrible person for 1) making this thread and 2) having a set of beliefs.
    i am sexist, afraid of women and need to dominate them in order to be happy. let's leave it at that.

ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, that came a bit easier than D16's missing admission.:D

Peace, Simply.

Actually, peace, all.

20. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm agnostic. I refuse to answer any questions that begin with, "Why were we created..." Primarily because I can't answer for G-d, as I question her/his existence.

Rebecca, Jan 7, 2008 IP