1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pentagon says ships harassed by Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Jan 7, 2008.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reverse it and think.... geesh how hard is this stuff anyways.

Lets say Iran had ships on a regular patrol and then the USA sent some smaller ships to go around them - closely and drop things in the water, etc... Don't you think that would be considered a threatening move?

Somehow you will downplay this and then something will happen in the reverse, but you will make sure and exaggerate that.

p.s. sorry but I thought the pic was a girl, not really a for sure thing, but mixed with the emotional posts I thought you were. sorry.

debunked, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  2. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure iul won't take it personally. I thought you were John Kerry for the last 6 months.

guerilla, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  3. debunked

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? I am John Kerry!!!!

I wish the photo was better quality, you would see how his eyes go off in 2 different directions. It is undoctored.

debunked, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  4. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    of course it would be considered a threatening move. If you think about it pretty much anything out of the ordinary can be seen as threatening. But my response was to bogart's claim that "It's possible the Iranians are planning an attack." which it's utterly ridiculous considering that any war between USA and Iran would most likely result in Iran's ass being severely kicked and their country turned to ruins. That's why I ridiculed that guy

No problem :)

iul, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  5. debunked

Best Answers:
    OK, got it. It would be crazy for them to really "attack" but they could do damage to a ship and kill someone, etc... Maybe not a full blown military attack but an attack that would be harmful either way. As Iran has shown, they will do stupid things, but they have public opinion and the media on their side. If they pulled another hijacking, etc... they would get away with it, someone would excuse them for their actions.

I don't think that any of our ships would allow for a hijack or kid-napping but they probably don't patrol alone but in groups.

debunked, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  6. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know, there is a lot of hypocrisy in this thread about Iran, and some people have pointed it out.

Iran hasn't parked it's navy on America's doorstep.

And Iran didn't start the war of words, labelling another country part of the "Axis of Evil".

IIRC, Iran was a big ally in our operations in Afghanistan and has been trying to normalize relations with the USA for almost 4 years now.

I'm just concerned about another False Flag, like the Gulf of Tonkin, which precipitated the senseless Vietnam war.

You guys do realize that a war with Iran means there will be a draft, right?

guerilla, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  7. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Pitty they didn't fire on them:(

Toopac, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  8. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    No doubt there is a Tehran equivalent of DP where some bloke just said the same as you!

Valley, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    While the ron paul supporters (look at all those avatars that are sympathetic to Iran's deliberate provocation and threats to their country) stand up more for Iran threatening the US, than they've *ever* actually stood up for America, perhaps they might be interested in lending a helping hand for what they support?

One thing is for sure, those tin foil RP avatars sure make it easy to see who supports who, and who tears down what ;)

GTech, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see it's still too difficult for you to respond/attack the post in question, so you still paint all RP supporters with the same brush.

:rolleyes:

This RP supporter believes if the Iranian boats did anything offensively to our ships we should have sunk them without hesitation.

But again I know you don't want to hear that, that doesn't go with your anti RP mantra.

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  11. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll go to prison before I risk my life or I'm forced to take an Iranian life for this ridiculous battle of egos.

As do I.

omgitsfletch, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If drafted, 'right or wrong' unless it's against our own citizens I would do what is needed/wished of me by my country, by the admin who is in charge.

GRIM, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    RP supporters would not serve their country either. No surprise there. I've noticed a "hive" (or as AGS likes to point out, "sheep") mentality with RP supporters. There certainly are enough here to formulate some generalities.

Is there any RP supporter who does not support Iran's aggression towards their country or chopping hands/feet off? Just curious.

GTech, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Again slandering posts, painting all RP supporters with the same brush.

Gtech all it does is show just how out of touch with reality you are, just how little anyone should take you seriously.

I WOULD GLADLY SERVE MY COUNTRY

Hive? Oh please, I have disputed many RP supporters just today. That's one thing I love about most RP supporters, we can have disputes on issues we do not agree with while agreeing on the larger picture. Unlike your little crowd ;)

I do not support agression towards the US, I however unlike you will try to understand why it is and not simply chant USA, USA mindlessly 'which does not solve anything' I do not support chopping hands and feet off, that however is their country. Last I heard most countries do not support our death penalty, should we stop the death penalty because other countries do not support it?

GRIM, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  15. GTech

Best Answers:
    This sort of reminds me of something else I often point out. In fact, it's a great example of it. How a certain *someone* lost their backbone and huevos, and won't stand up to his newfound "comrades."

We see certain RP supporters supporting and defending Iran again. But does that *someone* have huevos big enough to stand up to those supporting/defending a country that displayed hostility and aggression? Nope. He only came out to inform everyone about his special view, after I pointed out the typical RP supporter. Nope, he didn't take on those that are supporting/defending the largest state sponsor of terrorism. Instead, he gave them a pass and decided to take on a much bigger threat...GTech, for pointing it out. You'd think *someone* might have lost a testicle in a terrible accident, or something ;)

No narcissistic post would be complete, without an "I, however...." and "unlike ..." Yep, it's all about *that* person.

GTech, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  16. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The largest state sponsor of terrorism? I thought that was Afghanistan. I mean Pakistan. I mean Saudi Arabia.

I was under the impression that Al Queda was Sunni. Did they become Shia while I was at Starbucks? :confused:

guerilla, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Gtech I love proving you wrong.

#1 you NEVER dispute anyone in your little group NEVER, not that I have witnessed at least.
    #2 I was busy today debating in other threads AGAINST RP 'comrades' which totally blows your post out of the water.

Lets see, just a few examples

I argued against guru_seo in this thread
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=622067&page=7

I also agrued against ncz_nate
    in this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=640452

I didn't even get involved in this thread until tonight :rolleyes:

Sorry I guess I am unable to be active in every single thread on DP that is active at all times. Ohyeah neither are you :rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  18. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Me and Grim disagree on the issue, but can respect each other's viewpoints. I can understand if Grim feels he needs to serve his country, regardless of his personal beliefs on the merits of that given conflict. In fact, this is a much less narcissistic view, as he is willing to put personal feelings aside for his country, should a call to arms ever occur. Your attempt to paint him as self-obsessed fails miserably in the face of his post just before you.

As for me, I cannot fight in an unjust war. I cannot be told to kill men who for the most part, don't want war with the United States. That's my personal beliefs. Luckily, nothing happened today, and everyone got to go back to their homes alive and unharmed. I do vehemently disagree with what the Iranians are doing, they are poking the dragon and going to get burned. But should a future actual conflict occur, I'll have to examine the facts and make a decision at that time. As of right now, I would not take up arms against Iran.

omgitsfletch, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  19. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In defense of our country, I think we all would go and fight with honor.

I'm just not interested in a Crusade for oil and religious fanaticism.

My point about the draft was, expect anyone between 18 and 28 to be sent, male or female. That's a lot of people I know and love. The cause has to be just, not another Bush brainfart like Iraq.

I think about all of the people who gave their lives in Vietnam, the POWs who are still missing today, and how the entire premise was a fabrication.

guerilla, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can respect that ;)

As far as the other posts I have skimmed over in this thread, such as the ones by guerilla. Why would I dispute them when I agree with them? I like to look at the facts behind things and not blindly jump up and down and chant for war. If our troops were actually in danger, if they were fired upon, etc I would fully support them blowing the shit out of the Iranians.

I don't see what was out there to dispute, 'according to Gtech'?

GRIM, Jan 7, 2008 IP