1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Objective Social Networking Software Reviews

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by EJRaven, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I was simply referring to its profile system as an example, or temporary fix, although it could be changed to look and feel however you like, I simply wouldn't use for large commercial sites.

EJRaven, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. ringtonegeezer

ringtonegeezer Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to know what you think is the best social network software at moment to initially launch something and then can have coders add code and widgets etc?

ringtonegeezer, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly I would like to do more research into a few platforms and some scripts before I can give you a better educated opinion, right now I have been away too long to make one.

EJRaven, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  4. FreeScriptsRock

FreeScriptsRock Guest

Best Answers:
    How about phpRaven??? For months you touted this as the 2nd coming
    in this "objective" thread. Man....how can anyone trust anything you say here? You turned this objective thread into your own phpRaven hype thread.:confused:

FreeScriptsRock, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  5. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, but as you can see I'm not selling you anything, phpRaven became a project I would start out of the desperation of not being able to find a perfect solution for my needs and apparently the needs of many.

As of now, I don't have the funds or the right team to continue the development of such project, I did invest a very large sum and do hope to find funding to finish it and market it, you can see that when I did started this thread it did actually start out as a thread where I honestly want to give my opinion of the various social networks scripts.

EJRaven, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  6. billionairescott

billionairescott Guest

Best Answers:
    years ago I bought buddyzone social networking script (THE WORST$400 EVER SPENT) IT SUCKS ASS!!!, there are flaws and errors everywhere, If you can get the bugs out and make it work, I will GIVE, GIVE, GIVE you the program for free, so you may have your own networking site....go to my site
    www.thecherrymartini.com (yes it's another myspace rip off, but so what)join, make a profile, upload a pic, try uploading videos and general stuff, you'll see what i mean.........email me if you can fix it
    robinsonrace@yahoo.com

billionairescott, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  7. ringtonegeezer

ringtonegeezer Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody tells of Skadate how good that is???

ringtonegeezer, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  8. teamdesign

teamdesign Banned

Best Answers:
    Some of you have been saying that no platform is giving you exactly what you need, I'm curious to know what you need that isn't provided by some of these scripts/platforms.

We're the new kid on the block (still in beta), but please try out www.thevillage.com if you are unhappy with your current platforms. It's free (ad supported but there aren't many ads) and we host the content for you. The fact that we host the content and the files may not work for some of you who like to tinker with the code. But you don't have to pay for scripts and you don't have to pay for hosting, so there isn't much to lose by giving it a try.

Our system is fast, our videos are hosted on the same content delivery network (Limelight Networks) as the Facebook, MSN, etc... Our product is coded in ColdFusion so we like to think its lighter than the PHP solutions.

Thanks for listening, best of luck with your social networking endeavors.

teamdesign, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  9. AlonsoDC

AlonsoDC Guest

Best Answers:
    I would recommend Abledating or Ablespace.

AlonsoDC, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  10. Socialnetworker

Socialnetworker Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend that AlonsoDC stops pretending to be anyone other than Abledating aka Dmitry Rudakov.

Abledating is a Russian SCAM and they try and entice customers by putting up fake reviews like this

Socialnetworker, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  11. sowers

sowers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Someone who purchased multiple licenses of abledating could give me a licence abledating get that I can test on my site, and to review impartially?

Send me MP

sowers, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  12. Socialnetworker

Socialnetworker Peon

Best Answers:
    So instead of pretending you want info on Abledating (as you are probably Abledating by the number of your posts lambasting me today) why dont you do a
    google search and type in Abledating Scam where you can view alot of info on different forums and you will see a pattern, the good reviews are by Abledating with very few posts, bad English grammar and praising Abledating as the second coming.

So go back to your hole you Russian Scamster

Socialnetworker, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  13. Aligit

Aligit Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, for people that are still looking into a live site of alicia/phpizabi you can check out myeeos.com.

NOTE:
    myeeos.com is a "very" customised version that is based on alicia. so dont expect to get what myeeos when you install alicia

Aligit, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  14. dougeby

dougeby Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick question...

Anyone know what script JoePopular.com uses?

dougeby, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  15. lip9000

lip9000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think those new social networking sites with revenue sharing are pretty cool, revenue sharing is the way of the future. If you want to make a new site these days, copy something already made but offer revenue sharing, people will want to join!

lip9000, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  16. screamingfingers

screamingfingers Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anybody used dzoic handshakes professional? Do you have an pro's or con's. I've been looking at several of these social network app's for the last 6 months, and so far this one seems to be the best of the bunch.

If anyone has an opinion, I would really like to hear your thoughts before I jump on board and purchase.

Thanks,

David

screamingfingers, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  17. pstatus

pstatus Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 2 sites using Dzoic Handshakes...

http://www.truehalo.com
    http://www.hawaiiweddingspace.com

Both are heavily customized...

However, they both WORK.. that being said.. to get it from OUT THE BOX to where it is now, graphic design and what not, cost about $1900 each site

That being said, my hawaiiweddingspace site, i have 2 profile types... 1 for vendors and 1 for regular wedding users.. Anyhow, vendors are complaining about it being to cumbersome to use...

All of these scripts aren't as user friendly as they should be...

Im looking for a business review script like YELP. socialnetworking w/ business review focus...

HELP IF YOU DO.

pstatus, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  18. screamingfingers

screamingfingers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey pstatus

Thanks for the heads up. Nice looking sites. How about from a users perspective? is it cumbersome for them? I won't be using it for vendors at this point. I'm looking for an app that users can upload their videos, do blogs, and maybe classifieds. How is it from that perspective?

David

screamingfingers, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  19. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    pstatus, aloha!
    Great work in there, love particulary the weddings one: nice job, congrats.

scubita, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  20. andytp232323

andytp232323 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using PHPizabi on my site for approx 6 months now. Majority or the time the code can be minulipulated into what you want, but a few times it has been stuborn and not do what I want. I would reccommend this to some one that wants a simple script, all the add ons are extra cost.

I have checked out the villiage, this last week and although it looks good, sometimes it can be slugish.

I am looking for a good social networking script that i can test on my servers. I currently have a test websie with Unlimited space, bandwidth and sql databases. Any suggestions on script would be gratefull.

;)

andytp232323, Jan 18, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.