1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO is not a magic wand

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by EzBusinessNeeds.com, Jan 2, 2008.

SEO Not Magic
    It is very important for a SEO consultant to inform their customers that SEO is not a one day affair that happens instantly. Depending on the statistics of your website such as domain age, link popularity etc, it may take from weeks to months before the expected results show up on search engines.

As a SEO consultant, i seriously advise you to bring the message across to your customers. Educate your customers with the basic SEO knowledge to ease your job.

Domain Age
    A newly purchased domain name will normally be stored in Google's Sandbox before it is released into the search engine results. This process alone may take from weeks to months depending on some factors. So while you are in the sandbox, perform the necessary SEO framework design to your website and start your SEM campaign slowly.

Link Popularity

Do not rush to build lots of links in a short period of time. Google will see this as backlinks abuse and will penalise your website for that.

Authority Sites' Links

Getting links from authority sites or trusted sources are at times difficult. However, it really provides significant SEO value to your website. Try getting some of it.

Good Content
    Writing good content not only help boost your traffic flow. It helps in SEO when keywords are properly defined and new content is published daily.

I shall stop here because there will tons of factors that contribute to good SEO. If you need help, pm me. I will try to provide free assistance. Cheerz mates. Btw, this article is written by Rif Chia which is me and guys here do not have distribution rights. If you like my articles, you can read more at my Ultimate Web Book

EzBusinessNeeds.com, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  2. TechMaster

TechMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Proper SEO work, can get you success in 3-4 weeks as well. My post about paid to proofread is getting #6 in Google. All I did was swap blog title for my post.

TechMaster, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  3. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    To get ranking for any niche will take lots of effort by white hat work. you can easily get rank for keyword with spamming or other black hat techniques but it will not permanent. Good seo techniques will take more time but ranking will stay there for long time.

jg_abad, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  4. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me making my link popular through building links... Link popularity is through links....

thunderbolt007, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  5. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I agreed with you on that. Black hat SEO sites have been seeing great pitfalls following Google's recent action against paid links and spamming. Sooner or later, more and more black hat seo sites will get penalized by Google.

EzBusinessNeeds.com, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  6. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a goodpoint i'm trying to explain olso to my clients that i'm no wizard :)

w3bmaster, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  7. udkl_12_98

udkl_12_98 Banned

Best Answers:
    Even So , Link building is one of the most effective way to get your pagerank up.
    Link from Related sites. Even better , A good Keyword Goes a looooong way with good link building....

udkl_12_98, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  8. bomberman

bomberman Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe that's for short-term but how about for long-term...

bomberman, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  9. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engine's algorithm changes every now and then.
    What makes you so sure that this method works in near future? In the past, all we need to do is building thousands of links and spamming keywords with hidden text to get high ranking in Google. How about now? Does it still work?

What i am trying to put across is that SEO takes time and effort. Continuous learning and optimizing can help maintain your ranking and plus increase your knowledge. We aren't magician but we are willingly to learn.

EzBusinessNeeds.com, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  10. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    If you ask me Google is way too easy to get good rank in and manipulate. With their new "query deserves freshness" algo factors its not only easy to rank but can be done very fast.

sweetfunny, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  11. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha... anyway if you do not understand what our friend here is referring to : "query deserves freshness", read this Big Flaw In Google's algorithms

12. kenbrower

kenbrower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's definitely not a flaw in their algorithm, it's a carefully researched and implemented characteristic of their system. You may agree or disagree with the "google bump" but to call it a flaw is in my opinion incorrect. Even if it is a flaw it's here to stay, so, keep your content fresh and make the most of the algo as it stands today.

kenbrower, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  13. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    True about that but carefully researched system? Had a few discussion with big time SEO guys out there and we concluded that this is just a way to display brand new results when they cannot handle the situation of a new search term.

14. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree it not over night magic

Good you have done in 4 weeks

But when some one doing SEO services the wont ask keyword like keywords you said in your post
    the will be one word like "umbrella" "easel" or some competitive keywords

there are some keywords which show huge results no competition
    example "All in one blog" 155,000,000 results ..zero backlinks built :my blog is #1

and another site i worked "diamond cross" www.didomi.com we rank 3# ,after getting into 3# we worked 2 months still we cant beat next tag

i just wanted to say time depends on keywords ,but kids say i did a keyword in 2 week so i can do any keyword in 4 weeks

harsha

harshakiran, Jan 3, 2008 IP
    jg_abad likes this.
  15. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey dood... it's free or it isn't. If you wish to offer services there is a board for that.

Most certainly a myth I haven't heard bandied by my peers in almost a year. While site most certiainly need to build authority, non competitive terms can easily be achieved inside of a few months.... we do it all the time. Fact....

False - if one builds a diversified link profile or even builds large lots via avenues such as social media, there is no problem. You will not get tanked for building links to fast unless they are OBVIOUS GARBAGE. If you get 500 directory and article sub links... well... they are crap and so what does one expect?

[​IMG]

I would go on.... but feel free to contact me via PM and maybe I can help you for free.... he he .... Maybe you should start reading my stuff...

Yeah well the Big Algo Change is also BS

Not really trying to be an ass... but jesus... people need to learn more about how search engines work before talking about such things... grumble mumble

thegypsy, Jan 3, 2008 IP
    Angelus and pbruessow@msn.com like this.
  16. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gypsy, You seem to know a lot about SEO. How much do you charge?;)

pbruessow@msn.com, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  17. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the best things I have read in the last couple of months and believe me I do read a lot. :)

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  18. Lemurc

Lemurc Peon

Best Answers:
    To them, you are...to us..you are not.

A client expects you to do things..he does not know what to expect..but you should know what to give to him. ;)

To us, you are not an wizard....but let`s not talk about this. :D

Some Seo`s do magic, some not. :eek:

Lemurc, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  19. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    lol.. I live, eat and breath the stuff .... just haven't been around here in a while.

Well, for me it is often more about the potential client and the site. I like new challenges. I am never at a lack of clients so I tend to pick and choose. I don't charge as much as my peers, but I work with small to medium sized businesses not corporate stuff.... like the mom and pops...

Don't get freaked out, but my basic thinking can be found in 7 Reasons I don't Want Your Money

Anyways, it never hurts to ask... if I like the person and the site, it goes a long way :0)

I don't mean to be rude to the fella, but even a fundamental knowledge of indexing and retrieval concepts seems mandatory for an SEO these days. I spend a TON of time with my head up the backside of Google patents and so many 'concepts' I hear on boards freak me out..especially when attached to a SEO biz siggy

thegypsy, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  20. nocom

nocom Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with EzBusinessNeeds.com white method is ,in,
    and dont forget : keyword is what people add in search bar and usually is one or two words. Best proof for god set of two or more keyword is better traffic after keyword implementation (or money from ads).

nocom, Jan 3, 2008 IP