1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Xoom's Payment too have chargeback ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by 28081981, Dec 31, 2007.

I gota good deal. The party has agreed to send PayPal funds thru xoom plus a 3 days hold, that should be good enough for clearing the xoom payment (I have used it a few times, and they dont take more time than that).

What I would like to know is that once I get the xoom cheque in my bank a/c (or even if its starts showing in clearing), is there any ways that someone can still do a charge back?:confused:

I mean can party later open a dispute with paypal that the xoom payment send to me was unauthorized/any other reason, and CAN THEY GET THE CHEQUE FROM MY BANK AC REVERSED BY ANY WAYS - ONCE IT STARTS SHOWING IN CLEARING

Any personal experience ?

28081981, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  2. Symbiansstreet

Symbiansstreet Banned

Best Answers:
    Once you have deposited the cheque in your bank,no chargeback can take place

Symbiansstreet, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  3. 28081981

28081981 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's my opinion as well, however i would like to confirm the same thru some relevant links - FAQ's or TOS of Xoom.. got any ?

28081981, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  4. anthraxruler

anthraxruler Peon

Best Answers:
    No way!
    I dont think so.
    How can there be any chargeback,once u get the payment right to ur bank accnt,
    However , paypal will show u negative balance if u get any chargeback or unauthorise payments.thats it. \:D/

anthraxruler, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  5. 28081981

Best Answers:
    how can paypal show -ive balance bro.. that chap is not sending me paypal so how can 'my' paypal show a -ive balance? :confused:

28081981, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  6. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    nobody can chargeback from Xoom once the money is on your hand... its well protected and hard for scammers to scam you... also if someone try to scam you at xoom then xoom will make them pay for it... so trust me scammers really afraid to use Xoom... i been now doing business through Xoom and even though i drop sale, i have peace of mind... as now i dont have to live a life in painc for one year when i get payment at my paypal...

Pervert-For-Life, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  7. 28081981

Best Answers:
    yes.. i got the same feeling for xoom.. however how abt this situation - some send me money thru his paypal thru xoom.. so his paypal will show a payment made to service@xoom , now let us say that someone who send him a major part of his paypal does a charge back, n as a result his paypal goes bloody -ive.. so what i was curious to know is that can PAYPAL IN THAT CASE hold his xoom payment made to me.. cause i have has an exp like this before.. where one chap send me paypal n someone did a charge back, his paypal got -ive n hence, limited, n paypal hold his payment that he send me n also limited my ac :(

hme.. may be i think too much.. but as i have has a really nasty experience, so i dont want to take any chances ... lt me know what do u think abt this ..

28081981, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  8. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I heard once payment is done through xoom, there will be no chargeback.

bobchrist, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  9. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    it but its not possible to reverse a paypal payment from xoom... i have bad expericanced too and lost my own money as charngeback fees at paypal.. since then i dont use paypal for business... i been using xoom from dec. and now i dont have to live a life in panic for a year....

10. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once funds are deposited into a bank account (U.S., Australian, English etc...) it is then illegal for Paypal or any 3rd party to access and withdraw these funds. I'm Australian but know that under US law it's impossible for Paypal to do so.

If Paypal somehow do manage to do so contact your local small claims court and file a claim and sue Paypal. I found all of this information at paypalsucks.com

Ask there if you're still not sure but this is the reply that you'll get.

birdsfly, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  11. 28081981

Best Answers:
    n what abt CC - can paypal charge our Credit Card. well, what i would like to confirm here is that if someone sends me money, n i convert it using xoom, n later someone does a charge back on 'his' paypal, resulting in -ive balance.. so can 'i' be in any kind of trouble due to it :confused:

actually someone is egear to send me some paypal using xoom, but i c that persons screen shot n there is one BIG paypal payment that he received recently ... n what i want to esure is that i wont be in any kinda trouble in case someone apply a charge back on 'his' paypal funds ...

28081981, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  12. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Xoom can not ba charged back,if the seller open a dispute,then ur paypal account will show -ve balance and they may hold ur other payments (not xoom).

getjimmy, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  13. 28081981

Best Answers:
    u sure abt this? is this a theory or u got any personal exp reg this ?

28081981, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  14. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    i am 99.9% sure about it...:D xoom is really cool... and now its getting real faster in sending there draft.... because i get there draft today in 3 days of getting the payment.... :D so now i will only use Xoom.... long live Xoom hehehehee......

15. 28081981

Best Answers:

paypal isn't doing bad either.. i withdrawed my paypal funds directly into my indian bank ac in just 3 days.. only if it don't allows charge backs :p

anyways, xoom looks safe, i think i can go for it - i il ask ppl to pay their paypal funds thru xoom , 10 $ is that much anyways :D

28081981, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  16. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    No charge backs. But, paypal is so much faster that xoom and the charges are much lower

TheVccMatey, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  17. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If you withdraw 7000 or more from indian paypal account then charges are NIL.

While XOOM charges $9.99 for Amt. $25 to $500 and $14.99 to Amt. $501 to $1000.

deluxdon, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  18. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    sorry but you dont have any control on chargeback.. so there is no way you cant allow a chageback when it is done by the bank of the customer who paid you.... and when a changeback is made then you can lost a big changeback fees... the minimum chageback fees is $15.00 so imagine what they will take if the amount is bigger... also when a reversal is made from you, you will lose the paypal fees and there is 1% change of wining the dispute.... so i suggest you better be safe then sorry.... even if the fees is little bigger then paypal... trust me on this because i know the pain of changeback... and you really dont want it happen to you.... i lost a big amount of money from my wallet that paypal took from me as changeback fees... paypal is full of scammers... but if fees is a question then i will suggest you to use moneybookers beacuse they dont allow chargeback and reversal...

Pervert-For-Life, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  19. 28081981

Best Answers:
    we r not talking abt charges.. but charge back :D

28081981, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  20. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I know that we are talking about charge back.

But i have replied towards TheVccMatey post. Check it plz.

DON
    ;)

deluxdon, Jan 3, 2008 IP