1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing & ClickBank - My Documented Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ponynugget, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really sorry for not updating this thread. I've been really busy for the past few weeks helping out with Dad's software so I haven't had any proper time to work on the internet marketing stuff. I'm sorry if I let anyone down.

To date I've written 73 articles that have bought in a total of $113.33, excluding one refund. At the moment I'm averaging a sale every 10 days or so... hardly the kind of results I was hoping for but I only really have myself to blame. Keeping up with school, working with dad and trying to maintain a healthy social life all restricted me from writing my ideal 5-10 articles a day.

Fortunately I'm now on a 6-week long break and I'm starting to get back into it. A couple of days ago I spent a few hours researching what would be worth investing my time into and have come up with a couple of products/ideas. I can't promise that I'll have daily updates like I used to, but I'll definitely be aiming to have earnings and stat reports every couple of days. I'll also be updating my blog, so keep an eye on that.

Ponynugget, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. BigMumu

BigMumu Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck to you, & thanks for keeping us updated even if you don't really have to do :)

BigMumu, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  3. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like Bum Marketing is not working well. So far I got 25 articles and no sales

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  4. shieldsty

shieldsty Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I usually just publish my articles with Eizine articles.

But I was just curious what happens if you blast the same article (with article submmission software) to a couple of hundred article sites.
    What are the negative aspects of doing this?.... and will it bring in more traffic then just submitting to a couple of the main article sites.

shieldsty, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  5. RockDiesel

RockDiesel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good to see you back in the saddle Pony (no pun intended)

RockDiesel, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  6. fastefund

fastefund Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You've realy gone far, i wish more are like you, using this magic marketing tool.
    Just don't give up. You are almost there.

Fastefund.
    ARTICLE POWER ROBOTS

fastefund, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  7. luemob

luemob Peon

Best Answers:
    Pony
    I do internet coaching and I have been using your post and your blog as a prime example on how to pursue article marketing but I think that this type of marketing works best to promote companies or established businesses that need more attention on the internet (then you can charge a hefty fee for that service). Promoting affiliate products are just over saturated. I do believe that the work you have done is great though!

luemob, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  8. cheapologo

cheapologo Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow this is the best thread I have read on any marketing subject!!!

My noob observation:

Bum marketing does seem to work. The variation is results can be related to many factors such as niches, product quality, web quality etc.

Big thanks to Pony and Samo.

I learned a WHOLE lot just in a few hours reading here :)

cheapologo, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  9. cheapologo

cheapologo Banned

Best Answers:
    BTW

What is a good program to use to make good optin landing pages?

My websites are based on Wordpress. Is that good? Or do you get optin landing pages from the email list software???

Thank you

cheapologo, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  10. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    don't only write the articles, promote them. Social bookmarks etc. bring in more traffic!

wowhaxor, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  11. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you promote an article, you want to make sure that you are promoting your own website or blog to get maximum revenue; otherwise you're just making someone else really rich off of work that you've mostly done for yourself.

ExpertForumGuy, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  12. GenPepper

GenPepper Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wondering how this faired out. At least you stuck with it and you never know it might slowly pay you back.:)

GenPepper, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  13. ProjectY

ProjectY Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you have an example of your ready articles that you are willing to share?

I mean...it can be room for discussion?

ProjectY, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  14. tpc

tpc Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great thread for so many different reasons. A true teaching thread for everyone, but especially people who are new to affiliate and article marketing.

From what I've read, the end result to date...is that over the last 4 months you have 73 articles written, $113.33 in sales, and one refund? I'm not trying to be cold, but honestly, is this anyones idea of success? The time and work it takes to write 73 original articles divided into the total sales is a little more than $1.55 an article. Now obviously this will increase over time IF more sales are generated, but there is something seriously wrong with this picture. You must be picking the worst products with the worst salesletters on CB to promote.

How many CB products are included in those 73 articles? 2 or 3 from what I have gathered, but I'm not 100% sure. Let me share this with you in hopes it may help someone. What I have done for the past couple of years is to write 10 articles for a new product I want to promote and submit them all at once. If those articles and that product hasn't generated at least 3 sales in 45 days, I trash it. This strategy has worked successfully for me with many different CB products. In many cases it has brought in thousands of dollars for an individual product. Article marketing works if worked in a systematic way. You simply can't waste your time writing article after article for a product that isn't producing results.

Best of success in 08'.

tpc, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  15. itliberty

itliberty Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also recently started with ezine and have seen some good days and some bad with them approving. It really depends on who reviews. I used the same signature for three articles and one came back that i couldn't link to the real article on the site in my sig..

Anyway, I usually post the identical article but only one from each site. the duplicate issue is somewhat of a SEO myth (some believe) especially when it comes to sites like this. They are authority sites on articles and therefore have no bearing with duplication penalties.

It comes into effect when two sites striving for authority for the same keywords.

Anyway, good luck!! The trick is the sales part so keep updating us on that...these methods are proven to provide traffic but that only validates how good your site is setup to turn that into sales..that is my sturggle as with many of us.

itliberty, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  16. WilsonA

WilsonA Active Member

Best Answers:
    I bet you if you had done 75 squidoo lenses where you can put your links
    as you like instead of 75 articles you would have made 10 times more
    squidoo- pr 7
    ezine articles- pr 6
    squidoo- affiliate links anywhere
    ezine articles- only in your bio where people might not even get to

just my own 2 cents

WilsonA, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  17. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any experience with this or is it just your theory?

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  18. seoworld

seoworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Duplicate Content A Myth ??????????

Where do you get that from ????????

This is what I found.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66359
    and
    http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2006/12/deftly-dealing-with-duplicate-content.html

Read the answer to
    "why does google care about Duplicate Content?"

seoworld, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    This thread has certainly proven what I already believed to be the case, this sort of "bum marketing" isn't a very good way to make money. I believe in article marketing but not to send traffic directly anywhere but primarily to get links to help with SEO results. That's how I use it.

Zibblu, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  20. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bum Marketing works if you know what you're doing. Once you put an article on the internet - that's free traffic for the rest of your life - So I mean - it's not a bad technique; you just have to be sure to establish it correctly.

ExpertForumGuy, Jan 1, 2008 IP