1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How NOT To accept credit card payments in PayPal?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by GetWebHost, Dec 28, 2007.

Is there a way that I CANNOT accept credit card payments through PayPal? I have a Premier account and I DO NOT want anymore to accept payments that comes from credit card because of the 2 chargebacks I have experienced - and they got their money back even if it's not supposed to be. Downgrading my account to PERSONAL is also not an option for me.

Can I also restrict in the creating of "BUY BUTTONS" NOT TO accept credit card payments?

If this will be impossible for a Premier account, how do I know that the payments I received is from PayPal Funds and NOT from credit card?

Also, in my transaction I noticed in the payment I received that "PAYPAL CREDIT" is the TYPE, what is it?

GetWebHost, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  2. constantine

constantine Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can open a new personal account for Not accept credit card . In this way , you can receive money without fee .

PayPal allows an individual to have 2 accounts - one premier/business and one personal.

constantine, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  3. GetWebHost

GetWebHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personal account maybe not suited for this since I'm selling something.

GetWebHost, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  4. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    then there is no other way you can stop a credit card payment.... so i will suggest you to use www.plimus.com because they show all the details on what kind of payment is made to you.... and if you think a payment is bad then you can deny it... you can stay safe there...

Pervert-For-Life, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the only thing you can do is not to do auto-fulfilment of each order. Just reject those which comes in with Payments from Credit Cards like what I had been doing with unverified paypal accounts and you be okay. It just takes a couple of steps.

eddy2099, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  6. 28081981

28081981 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better contact Paypal directly for this. They know the best :)

To avoid CC funds.. either ask the buyer to give the screen shot of the funds.. or just refund those payments giving a remark that u dont accept cc funds.. better also make this clear to the buyer prior u have deal - mention this clearly in ur trading TOS :)

28081981, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  7. GetWebHost

GetWebHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the info. I thought it's just a couple of settings in my account :(

@Pervert-For-Life Pervert-For-Life
    Never heard of that plimus thing.

GetWebHost, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  8. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Plimus.com is a 3rd party credit card payment processor which was originally conceived for the shareware and online software market.

9. domainseller_1

domainseller_1 Banned

Best Answers:
    personal account mate!as

domainseller_1, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  10. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Just click on cancel on the page where they ask you to add the card

TheVccMatey, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  11. crossbow23

crossbow23 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can sell things just fine with a personal account, one of the main advantages to upgrading to a Premier account is the ability to accept credit/debit card payments. If you do not wish to accept them, use a personal account.

crossbow23, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  12. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only make sure that when you use your personal account, the payment receipt you get are not for a business or sales purpose. If you do, just be careful and accept any consequences.

The Personal account is not made for sales or business purposes.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...lutionTopic=20004&solutionId=12797&isSrch=Yes

13. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just refuse payments from non verified buyers

dnk, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  14. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Verified buyers ARE those with credit cards...

seo4china, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  15. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not always the case. There are those who have credit cards but have not used it to verify their accounts as yet, either those in the process, uses one-time used VCC or uses a stolen credit card. Also Paypal allows for non-members to make purchases using their credit cards. All the above can use credit cards and still not be verified.

16. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Credit cards are a fact of life when selling online. If you stop accepting them, you will find the major drop off in business isn't worth the problems associated with fraud and chargebacks. I'd say figure out what your annual cost are related to chargebacks, fraud and the time related to them and add that to your base cost. I've seen businesses try to cut out credit cards from their online business and the end result is always disastrous.

pc_user, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  17. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree with you... i am not verified and yet i have add my CC so that if needed then i can add fund to my account... which give me the power to file a chargeback even after one year i guess...:D

Pervert-For-Life, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  18. Jennifer66

Jennifer66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, also plus keep in mind that the amount of the eChecks you receive might go up as a result. I for one, dislike waiting for that eCheck payment to clear the bank.

As much of a hassel chargebacks are, many buyers choose to only use their credit card online for protection.

Jen

Jennifer66, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  19. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you have to note that not everyone who uses Paypal can fund their account through a bank account or are selling products or services to get money. Thus the bulk of your customer base (unless your customers are from DP) would be using credit cards to pay. If you do not accept credit card payments through Paypal then you will inevitably be reducing your customer base which can work against you.

eddy2099, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  20. yahue

yahue Peon

Best Answers:
    They say this, and yet they also provide an Invoicing tool for personal accounts. Well, why would you need invoices to split restaurant tabs?

I think the reason is that they don't want to drop Invoicing for fear of losing customers who use it, and they also want to try to move anyone that that can to Premier or Business Accounts, which charge a percentage for each transaction, regardless of whether it's with a credit card or not.

So they're trying to have their cake and eat it too.

yahue, Jan 19, 2008 IP