1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A hosted-BANS, but better. 100% Commissions

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Dec 21, 2007.

1. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please also note the "CJ Restrict" setting under ADMIN. Setting "CJ Restrict" to "YES" will limit the products shown in your store to only those you have a relationship with. To maximize your store revenues, you should set this to YES, but also make sure to apply for as many relationships with merchants in your niche at CJ.com as possible.......

purdue512, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. Innovations

Innovations Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the Affiliate Module set-up to give 100% every single time? I do like the potential, but is there anything that can be done to earn any money from affiliates. I like the idea of the 50% of the time or I would even be willing to raise it to 80% of the time it shows there link, but worry that sites could easily just turn it into a store for their own site. Is it even possible to do a percentage thing?

Innovations, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Great suggestion..

I'd be happy to build this function in for you guys, but want to make sure people agree it's the right thing to do. I was envisioning a drop down something like:

Display Affiliate ID Percentage: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100%

It would be important that this be disclosed when your affiliates sign-up...

Thoughts?

purdue512, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  4. lmgg

lmgg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just signed up, hope to make money with this :)

lmgg, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  5. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Imgg,

Your Niche Store config is set. Let us know if you hit any problems with DNS. People here have been helpful on that front... Also see my PM on your other question...

6. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with having the option to change the percentage, but I wouldn't recommend it. If the incentive to keep a link on someone's page is lowered, they are more than likely going to take the link off their page. What you could do, is offer 100% to PR3+ and then break the percentage down for anything lower. Just my opinion.

Also, I was able to add my own image with the new version. Thanks! http://mapinfo.org

anarmyofme, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  7. purdue512

Best Answers:
    This enhancement request has been logged as 34-2. Interesting twist here. I was thinking of this as a global setting for the entire affiliate program, but Army raises a good point. What would be really cool here is if you could set up rules that would AUTOMATICALLY assign the percentage to the affiliate (i.e,. what % of the time their ID was used in the link) based on the PR of the site they register with? I would need an API that returns PR for that. Anyone have one? In the mean time, I need to decide if the % setting is global or can be set per affiliate...

The graphics look AWESOME. Nice work. My only suggestion is that you add more sub-categories to your categories to take advantage of the recent enhancement that was requested for a sub-category page.

8. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    If you're curious to know what advertisers you will need to have relationships with:

Click through many different products on your site and either 1) Make note of the advertiser, or 2) Check "Quick Tasks" under your CJ home page on the bottom right. You will see "Review # click(s) from invalid links." This will let you know with whom to sign up.

anarmyofme, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  9. Badgesprop

Badgesprop Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Purdue512,

Badgesprop / Ed here just checking as requested.

So, whats happening with the beta test so far?

Badgesprop, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  10. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Ed -- So awesome that you joined us. I've PMed some details... But at the high level, we've got a great group of beta-testers here and several example stores to check out if you browse this thread. We're working toward a launch and a few of the more advanced store owners are working on customer testimonials for the sales page.

The testers have generated about 37 bugs so far. 34 are closed and 3 are still in development. There is full support ticket tracking on the store ADMIN page. They are also coming up with awesome suggestions to make this product more attractive to internet marketers.

Just let me know when you pick a domain name and we'll set you up...

Al

purdue512, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  11. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    Regarding affiliate signups on our accounts:

Will the welcome email be customizable?

anarmyofme, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  12. purdue512

Best Answers:
    I was thinking that the other day myself. I will put in an enhancement ticket for the affiliate welcome letter.

Also - Ryan is suggesting an ability to have the affiliate ID usage percentage be variable based on how much traffic they drive to your site. I was thinking of a daily evaluation of the traffic for a rolling week. I would give the store operator an interface to set the thresholds....

I'm sure I didn't explain that well. Did it make sense?

purdue512, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  13. rapwaydown

rapwaydown Peon

Best Answers:
    pm me the detail plz, i always wanted to have a store like that where i can make money by promoting other's product. i believe i will be a good tester and partner.

rapwaydown, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  14. purdue512

Best Answers:
    PM sent. Please let me know ASAP. I have not decided how much longer the beta-tester offer will be available because we're coming along nicely...

purdue512, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  15. Funster

Funster Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen a CJ catalog pull but I've seen multiple revenue source turn-keys selling on E-bay for cheap. E-bay affiliates, Amazon books or products, Click Bank, Adsense and more. Easy to build em, easy to buy em, hard to make more than chump change. Gotta solve the dupe content penalty.

These sites need a better look than most template driven solutions offer. Those plain janes are a big turn off.
    Good luck on the concept through. BANS does a good job but that doesn't mean someone can't do better.

Funster, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  16. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback and encouragement... Yes, I think that the CJ piece is a new feature not available elsewhere.

Also, a few reactions: No dup content issues here given the mash-up nature between eBay, CJ and Amazon. Each store operator seeds their store with products, which are all different...

Additionally, there is full RSS processing to further bring unique content..

Lastly, there is a facility for the store operator to write their own original unique content (thus, duplicate content is not possible) and place product suggestions that are relevant on the same page (with good SEO practices, of course).

I've been running my C4.us Niche Store since July and makes a nice income. I'm sure that some real handy IMers could do better than me since I don't put in tons of time to promote my store....

Hoping that the support around the marketing of the store (auto blog publishing, article submission, link-building, affiliate management module) will make this head-and-shoulders above what's on eBay...

Agree with you on the look-and-feel issue. The plan is to first bring a feature for changing colors, then bring multiple templates...

Cheers.

17. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    Good afternoon all!

Al, what's the timeframe for release? I know that there are some things that still need to be worked out, but I'm pretty excited about it all. I'm going to work more on my categories tonight!

anarmyofme, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  18. jeffdz

jeffdz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm willing to give it a try. PM me the info you have. Thanks

jeffdz, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  19. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Wonderful jeffdz...

I'd like a few more. I'm fairly confident the major bugs are out, but I'm still accepting enhancement requests and could use more help with the launch.

PM sent.

20. Badgesprop

Badgesprop Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello All,

I have tried to change my DNS and it states it cannot find the page needed, will try later, will keep at it so I can config my store soon.

Badgesprop, Dec 30, 2007 IP