1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Vs Alert Pay

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by contentguru, Dec 27, 2007.

The controversy begins that which is the best payment method . I have personal experience with both and found the Alert Pay much better than pay pal as far as the Coverage and payment solutions are concerned . Dear members what do you think about the both payment processors. There is also an other payment processors which is epay.vg a fast growing online payment service . please observe and reply which is the best for small business owners .

contentguru, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. cynthiaearth

cynthiaearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alert Pay is great!
    But i will choose paypal,just because most people all around the world are using paypal.

cynthiaearth, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. Sana Hayat

Sana Hayat Peon

Best Answers:
    is alertpay supported in those countries where paypal is not?Or whats the main difference in both.

Sana Hayat, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  4. houselistedfree

houselistedfree Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal because everyone uses it

houselistedfree, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  5. devsn

devsn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll be switching to Alert Pay when it has a popularity equal to paypal, as for now, I use paypal.. ;)

devsn, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  6. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I also liked the service and fees of Alertpay but I will still use paypal since this is what the majority of the people who buy and sell use.

cool_78, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  7. llamafier

llamafier Peon

Best Answers:
    Almost everyone uses PayPal, so that is what I'll be using for now.

llamafier, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Majoirty use paypal same with many commercial websites.

Shazz, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  9. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    Yes, most of them. I hope Alert Pay will become more powerful soon, we need alternet of PayPal :)

vegabond, Dec 28, 2007 IP
    Sana Hayat likes this.
  10. agilius

agilius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of AlertPay (googling it right now). It's good to know that paypal will have competition. Competition brings a lot of benefits for us, the users of paypal/alertpay right :D ?

agilius, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  11. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    Here is the URL:
    http://www.alertpay.com/

:)

vegabond, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  12. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal just recently accepted to do business with my country. AlertPay is much better. paypal has a history for freezing accounts and stuff. I would only use paypal to accepts some small change for some small business, I wouldnt rely on Paypal with Big cash. I would rather with AlertPay.

Kingdom

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  13. Crazy-Coding

Crazy-Coding Guest

Best Answers:
    paypal is great with me big payments and low payments always sort problems fast. first time ive seen alert pay but ill sign up and check it out.

Crazy-Coding, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  14. agilius

agilius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've already googled it and took a look at they FAQ and stuff, but since I don't have much experience with paypal neither I can't say to much about them...

agilius, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  15. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I never used Alert Pay and so, ill go with PayPal as it is more popular than Alert Pay and is being widely used by others around the world.

mixke, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  16. Sana Hayat

Sana Hayat Peon

Best Answers:
    Since i am not well experienced with it therefore i ahve to ask a question and sorry if it a stupid one.
    Can it be used in alternate to paypal, i mean payment can be added from paypal directly, or whats the procedure for it to add payments as it seems good if it is supported in my country.Thanks in advance green added.

Sana Hayat, Dec 29, 2007 IP
    vegabond likes this.
  17. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    I don't have much experience with it but I can say that you can't add fund from PayPal. You have to add fund from credit card or bank.

PayPal sucks, many user mentioned in many times but still people paying via PayPal :)

vegabond, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  18. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ohhh yeah Paypal is great with big payments, that's why when anyone sends, recieves or debits over $1500 they lock your account instantly and demend your passport, phone confirmation, credit card information, bank account information, proof of residence and ability to debit and recieve funds :)

Many people are going through Paypal limitations and problems and are having their money held for 180 days. Paypal are criminals if you study their TOS because they are breaking U.S. law and avoid being sued because it costs over $8000 to bring them to court. If you don't believe me take a look at this thread which explains everything and involves attorneys and lawyers threatning to sue Paypal: http://paypalsucks.com/forums/showthread.php?fid=20&tid=27174&old_block=0

Paypal is good to use until you got limited like I did and really see what they're like...they're litteraly avoiding the law and hardly ANYONE can stand up to them.

Letter sent to attorney about Paypal:

An email I just sent my attorney tonight...

David:

I’m wondering about the legality of the verbiage used in the section describing both the “restricted activity” and the “actions PayPal may take”.

The “Restricted Activity” is described as “[having] a credit score from a credit reporting agency that indicates a high level of risk associated with your use of the Services”

My question here is to be legally binding wouldn’t they need to specify what “indicates a high level of risk”? I mean, is a score of 700 acceptable? What about 635? 595? Where is that line? And if there is no definitive line, then the decision is being made subjectively by a person, not actually based upon specifics of the credit report. It just seems like to be legally enforceable this contract would need to specify the conditions more clearly than this. If my funds are being held by authority of this section of the contract titled “restricted activities” and I didn’t know that my credit score “indicated a high level of risk” (which I COULDN’T know since they don’t specify what they consider “high risk”), then I didn’t knowingly or willingly breach this agreement.

The “Actions We May Take” sections states that PayPal has the right to “hold your funds for up to 180 Days if reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability”.

My question regarding this section is similar to above. Who decides when it is “reasonably needed”? And do they not have to show me or explain to me WHY they feel that it is reasonably needed? The simple fact that my credit rating is not stellar doesn’t seem to be reason enough alone to hold the funds, as evidenced by PayPal’s own use of other “actions” in different situations (10.2). PayPal has constructed this agreement in a manner that absolves them of any accountability. Under this agreement they can, for absolutely ANY reason at all, freeze pretty much anyone’s account by simply saying that “they” feel that it’s reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability.

David, when you have a moment I’d like to discuss the above with you. The more I sit and think about what’s going on the more I feel like I want to DO something. If I were to decide that the principle was more important than the money, can I bring any kind of suit against them challenging their contract’s legality and enforceability? If so, are there grounds to file for punitive damages since it appears that PayPal has knowingly and willingly constructed this agreement to exploit its customers? I’m just curious.

I trust that you know much more about this than I do, that’s why I hired you… so if you disagree then fine… but it seems to me that based simply upon the argument I made above any judge or jury in the country would find against PayPal… so I’m confident that attorney’s fees and court costs will be recovered in judgment (which is why I’m so willing to move forward)… but, like I said, are there any grounds for more in punitive damages?

Let’s talk when you get a chance – preferably before you draft the letter, in case we decide to go a different direction.

birdsfly, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  19. pikemanqn

pikemanqn Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, i hate PAYPAL. They have so much funny term.

pikemanqn, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  20. gabradley

gabradley Peon

Best Answers:
    I have sold something on Ebay and this alertpay site wants me to send the item first then they transfer funds is this right? and has anyone had dealings with this sight and recieved money or not? to me it doesn't seem right, and is this alertpay site genuine like paypal?

gabradley, Mar 25, 2008 IP