1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I buy BANs?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by richkid, Oct 18, 2007.

1. luemob

luemob Peon

Best Answers:
    if you decided on purchasing bans? have you had any issues in setting it up?

luemob, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  2. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to add a line of code to my ht access file, that support provided in a couple of hours after I submitted a ticket. Different hosts have their oddities.

Otherwise, smooth sailing.

Aldouspi, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  3. chrisd

chrisd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    679 per month is very very low. You will probably not make much money (unless your niche offers very expensive items).

Assuming you get 1% conversion of 30% of that traffic makes 2 sales per month. Assuming you make $5 per sale that's $10 per month.

But if your are a newbie this could be a very good way to learn and slowly move to the more profitable niches.

Learning "first hand" is key in this biz...

chrisd, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  4. gurzilla

gurzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a quick note to bring you up to date on the newest ez Affiliate Website Builder long awaited upgrade.

This is the brand new eBay ez Affiliate Website Builder basic portal version upgrade.

With this upgrade, you now can create articles for each unique page or keyword you add to your eBay affiliate websites. You can also rotate articles amongst the pages that don't have an article assigned to them.

I will be sending the new download link to all the registered users in a few minutes and I will follow with a brand new video (tomorrow) to demonstrate the new features.

These new features are very important for your websites' SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and search engine rankings.

You can view the working demos at:

http://www.ezaffiliatewebsitedemo.com

And

http://www.ezaffiliatewebsitedemos.com

Best Regards.

eShopDaddy
    ezAffiliateWebsiteBuilder.com

gurzilla, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  5. gurzilla

gurzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    gurzilla, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  6. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been reading about BANS - the thing with me is I rather make a replica - which I am doing on my tech blog soon - but I think BANs is more targeted specific which is good - while the script I am using and editing is firring annoying - maybe I should just get it - but what are the conversion for all of you guys wtih traffic and buyers?

ianternet, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  7. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    cylai, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  8. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup already am, thanks!

ianternet, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  9. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a BANS store is somewhat like a retail shop. Some days you get lots of lookers and no sells, some days few traffic and several buyers. Yesterday was blank until about midnight when someone registered with ebay through me and I got a $25 referral commission! That person hasn't bought anything on eBay yet, but I have a week for that to happen.

My point is that if you can get relevant traffic to your pages, then you will make sales and then as your site matures, this should increase. I believe that you have to have patience and work on your site(s). If it is of value, then the returns will come in. Truthfully, what I am working on is how my BANS sites will be 6 months from now. I am adding content organically (my area of expertise) and letting my traffic grow. And eventually I will have a large site with useful content pages taking in adsense and other ad revenue coupled with a large store that sells through eBay.

BANS is not perfect, but it is a great kernel to build a site around.

Just a quick update - that new ebay registration mentioned above just lead to a sale and a commission for me! :)

Aldouspi, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  10. TrafficLicious

TrafficLicious Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Bearded,

This is off-topic but I just wanted to say that I really like your blog. It's totally different and one feels like reading everything you've got there. Good stuff!

Cheers!

TrafficLicious, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  11. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow. But how do promote them?

usmanzali, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  12. Bearded

Bearded Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. I should get around to posting more often. :D

Thanks, Traffic.

Bearded, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  13. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

We're beta-testing an alternative to BANS here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=612959

There is a financial incentive for becoming a beta-tester.

It's a hosted-solution, so targeting a different market than BANS. Also extends to the CJ and Amazon product catalogs. Lastly, it goes into marketing support through automatic blog posting to Blogger.com and an Affiliate Management Module...

purdue512, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  14. zigzag007

zigzag007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is a .NET domain marketable? Under a BANS account. Will some people be turned off. Are there many .NET domains that are serious money makers?
    I have a good domain name but .Com was already taken.
    Thanks.

zigzag007, Dec 27, 2007 IP
    Union likes this.
  15. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi.

I have several .nets, .orgs and even a few .infos. Make a useful website and you will make money from it. The domain ending does not matter. When you are surfing and searching, do you care whether the page you are on ends with a .com or .net? I don't.

I bookmark it, if its important to me. Copy the link to send to others. I barely read the domain link. If people were depending upon memory alone to return to a website, traffic would go down 99%!

The domain ending is less and less important in my opinion.

Aldouspi, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  16. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    I have several .net bans stores that make plenty of money ever day.

Hell, I even have a .info that is out performing one of my .coms!

Union, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  17. renomart

renomart Member

Best Answers:
    If you are interested in a BANS site dont forget to look at phpBay too. Especially so if you want to mask your eBay links and images. ;)

renomart, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  18. DebbieG

DebbieG Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I am new to Digital Point, but have seen it mentioned in the Warrior forum many times. I have seen much discussion about BANS and how it has proven to be profitable for those who are using it. I need to watch my pennies right now, so I was thinking about phpBay Pro . Who can tell me about how phpBay Pro has been successful for them, and has it been profitable?

I am sort of leaning more toward the Wordpress ebay store idea, for many different reasons, such as SEO and maintaining a unique look as well as keeping the news aspect blogs are known for. I guess what I am saying is, I want to stay away from the cookie cutter look. Does this make sense?

The eBay affiliate thing has been profitable for me so far. Not a lot of money yet, but I have seen the potential, even if I have done everything from scratch, in terms of creating my website using the eBay affiliate editor kit.

So I want to make it easier on myself, and thought the phpBay Pro would be a good idea.

Regards,
    Debbie :)

DebbieG, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  19. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I am very happy with my purchase of PHPBay Pro. I have used a small PPC campaign to help kick start the site. I have just about broke even. If the last sign up I had completes their registration then I will be on the plus side.

I am a big fan of Wordpress so PHPBay Pro is a great choice for me. I have two stores set up right now and I have a third in content development.

Debbie G, every reason you mentioned in your post is why I went with PHPBay instead of Bans.

squeezeplaycards, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  20. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you find a good nice and get site ranked you can make good money

rcj662, Jan 1, 2008 IP