1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Objective Social Networking Software Reviews

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by EJRaven, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwan76

bwan76 Peon

Best Answers:
    tried phpfox for a month... the scripts not well written and the "phpfox" is written everywhere. I am now happy with what i am using now. its clean, loads fast, and third party api integration capable in the coming days.

bwan76, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    what's wrong with Dolphin? I was about to use it to create a couple sites. How much exactly is the logo removal? I didnt even know there was such a cost.

Pixelrage, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  3. masquecompras

masquecompras Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you know about a script like facebook?

masquecompras, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  4. SunShyne

SunShyne Active Member

Best Answers:
    the more I read about community scripts the more my head hurts. So it seems that not 1 provides the solution everyone is looking for..

back to the drawing board..

I looked at ablespace but they lack a few things I am looking for in a script, 1 being the all important function to allow users to at least change their css and bg pics. As stated before, any script that doesn't allow a user to customize their page isn't going to bother sticking around

SunShyne, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  5. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't bother with ablespace. Accept the fact that all of them come with serious flaws and almost anything that states "Facebook Clone" in these forums is guaranteed to give you a migraine.

slinky, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  6. sagenepal

sagenepal Banned

Best Answers:
    I was thinking aout www.ning.com ut they are charging a lot then the deserve
    i think so.
    what aout ou guys

sagenepal, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  7. n1c02

n1c02 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow. i cant believe what I jsut read.. Clenard and Codemonster....
    I had the same exact experiance with Ankur..
    I bought the script... asked him to fix some things and then well he never did.. so i asked and asked.. oh yeah and the music and video part where if you delete a song or video... well yeah they still stay on the server. he never did get around to fixing that....

but anyway... after him not being able to fix my problems.,,,, he got mad as im sure you have already read our discussions and ehard the audio... and called me a thief and a pirate.. said i dont own his software.. and he even had my site shut down twice.. ANkur sent a letter claiming that he was an attorney to my hosting company telling them that I was in violation of copyright infringement and that I never bought his script..

and yes his support forum is shut down.. he only helps those who pay him more...for mods..

he said he would offer a refund but i would never see one penny from him. He said he doesnt have the ability to send people money.. Now what kind of business is that? wow

So I offered him to jsut purchase a copy of PHPFOX in exchange for his license and he wouldnt do that becuase I told him that PHPFOX is much better and at least people support it and there are alot of mods there for it..

You see people.. there will NEVER be any mods for Buddyzone because he chases his customers away and no one stays around long enough to do anything with it..

SO if the question is, does he really treat his customers like that ... YES... and he did admit to me that he despises Americans... he said that we think we are superior. i wanted to add that .. only so that people know what type of comapny they are dealing with

I know he doesnt have the nerve to face me here or anywhere else as he did with Codemonster and Clenard.. he simply hides and ignores the rpoblems once he has your money... He is a thief. nothing more..

n1c02, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  8. uclaboyz

uclaboyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow... this thread is over a year old. I'm now checking out Dolphin, seems OK, could be a good candidate. Anyone else has different opinions on Dolphin - other than the license restriction?

uclaboyz, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  9. SunShyne

SunShyne Active Member

Best Answers:
    at this point I am going to have to save some extra money and have my own system created, might cost $2-3k but it will be well worth it since the offerings out there are sub standard in one way or another.

SunShyne, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  10. ngcoders

ngcoders Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also tried out a lot of scripts ... dolphin , phpfox, phpizabi. I seriously cannot recommend any to anyone . Some hosted solutions like "Ning" are good but the are "hosted" and i just cant get myself to use them \.

So end of the day having some free time i am building one on Drupal 5.0 . Might take some time but with something flexible and powerfull like drupal under it i would be able to customize it to any site i want. Also its GPL :) .

ngcoders, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  11. Xmasday

Xmasday Guest

Best Answers:
    Ablespace
    I bought this software a month ago, and after 1 day my site was up and running. First I thought about writing a site myself, but after a while I decided to buy a packadge, and I didn't regret it yet. I couldn't build it myself for this price, and I would probably still be coding for the next half year.;)

Xmasday, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  12. toocool

toocool Active Member

Best Answers:
    toocool, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  13. screamingfingers

screamingfingers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi EJRaven,

I read all your posts on the social networks from a year ago and respect your opinion. Do you still not like Dolphin or phpfox? DO you think dzoics handshake is the best? I was leaning towards Dolphin knowing about the license issues. 6.0 seems like it might be good.

I value your opinion and would like to hear your thoughts on the current releases.

Thanks,

David

screamingfingers, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  14. aztec

aztec Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    i have recently found that www.agriya.com are big hacKERS
    they have no script made themselves, all are stolen one

they hack others and put them as they have made

BEWARE FROM AGRIYA-FACEBOOK CLONE-BIG HACKERS- KOOTALI

aztec, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  15. FindASocialNetwork

FindASocialNetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    We run a search engine specifically set up to help find and promote niche social networks, blogs and other social media.
    There's been a huge growth in niche social networking sites and this is set to continue thanks sites such as Ning et al.

The goal of Find A Social Network is to make it easier for users to find sites and communities related to their particular interests while helping niche sites grow their user base and monetize their web property.

Please feel free to register and submit your website to our database!

http://findasocialnetwork.com

FindASocialNetwork, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  16. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    what about EELG? Is it worth a try?

Or should one start a network from the ground, and if so, witch are the right tools? I saw "Ray" in Boonex website and is it good?

tkx

scubita, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  17. Socialnetworker

Socialnetworker Peon

Best Answers:
    this quote is from Dmitry Rudakov of Abledating who writes up fake reviews of his crap software Abledating. Avoid Abledating at all costs as you will lose your money and report any good comments about this software as the reviewers are always Abledating writing up fake reviews, with very few postings and bad grammar.

Socialnetworker, Dec 27, 2007 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  18. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I've known about Elgg for a long time and always though they had a great script, although I never used it. Has anyone given them a try? Please give us a review.

Emperor, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  19. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, I haven't posted on this forum for over a year, I went to work for a local company making apartment websites and left the social networking field up until now.

I don't know what to tell you, I was creating my own software product but it got too expensive and had to completely withdraw my business plan, although I will start looking for investors for what I already have coded which is about 40-50% of what I think most people are really looking for on a social networking script.

Check out my latest Wordpress-IPB integration if you like, these two can create a semi-decent social network if you put a lot of effort into it, I'm liking IPB's profile system a lot and I'm basing most of my work, not on its layout but its functionality.

Again, I'm bouncing back into this arena so expect to see good things in the near future.

I will purchase or download the latest social network products and post an honest review of the current scripts so that we are more up to date.

I have a lot of research to do.

EJRaven, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  20. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about invision power board??? Isn't that a forum script?

Emperor, Dec 27, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.