1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A hosted-BANS, but better. 100% Commissions

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Dec 21, 2007.

1. edit

edit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,
    Everything has been coming along smoothly. This is really a cool system, I'm gonna go try and cause some errors on my page see if I can come up with any bugs but everything seems good so far. Will keep you posted.

edit, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  2. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very very good. We've got at least 5 C4.us Niche Stores running in beta now... Some of you noticed that I got the Google Adsense code working. For those that have not, go back to the main control panel (EDIT from the main intro on the HOME) and add your Google Adsense and Google Analytics code there.

Also - I pushed out Beta v0.2 tonight with the BLOG BLASTER part.. Unfortunately, when I went to verify it, it isn't working :mad:. I'm getting an "invalid auth" back from Google (Gdata) when it tries to submit the blog entry to Blogger.com. I will keep on that and report back.. All other aspects of BLOG BLASTER are working (write your blog entry, load in your Blogger.com blogs, select which to publish to, etc).

BRING ON THE BUGS!!!!

p.s. I'd still like a few more testers / launch marketers if you know people who would like this type of thing...

purdue512, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  3. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    funny I was actually working on a script that would pull amazon feeds - but I kinda stop since it wa a little late before xmas - sighs - interested with your project

ianternet, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  4. purdue512

Best Answers:
    I'll PM the full pitch with financial details of offer.

CPUFreak3: www.technologyzero.com will be up for testing shortly... Please report bugs and suggestions for improvement as you move through the configuration...

5. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can definitely see the value in terms of seo in the spotlight area of the page. Working on getting some product ids right now for the hot shop. No issues thus far.

anarmyofme, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  6. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Hey folks. I'm going to bed. More in the morning. We have 8 stores up and running. Great work all.

A few people have had the same issue with DNS at GoDaddy. They report not being able to find the "Total DNS Control and MX Records" link I referenced below. After chatting with them both, it turns out that they bought the domain from GoDaddy but moved the name servers to another location. This is confusing because you still have entries at GoDaddy, but only for WHERE the name servers are located. You can't actually edit the entries in the name servers (which is what we're trying to do)

FIRST OFF: DO NOT MOVE YOUR NAME SERVERS... That is not the same as changing a DNS entry. That moves the entire location of where ALL the DNS entries are... We don't want that...

In this scenario, you need go where ever you moved the DNS for this domain. If you can't remember, look at the entries at GoDaddy for "NAME SERVERS" to figure out where that is. That's where you need to go.. This is why you don't have the option at GoDaddy. It's appropriate...

Example Instructions for those who use GoDaddy Name Servers:

1) Log in
    2) Domains \ MyDomains
    3) Click on the domain you're going to use
    4) Under "TOTAL DNS" click on "Total DNS Control and MX Records"
    5) Under CNAMES: Click edit (the pencil) for the CNAME of "www". Change the entry to point to "c4us.compare4.us" (don't use the quotes)... If you don't have an entry for www, build one pointing to "c4us.compare4.us".

*************OPTIONAL ALTERNATIVE***************
    If for some reason you don't have access to CNAMES, or don't want to use "www", then you can build an A RECORD for * or @ instead, and point it to 71.191.128.20. Just keep in mind that you'll have to edit this entry if we ever move to a new IP block... With the CNAME approach, you won't...

7. gabainc

gabainc Active Member

Best Answers:
    gabainc, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  8. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Great. Let us know what bugs you hit as well as enhancement suggestions.

1) Be sure to build several entries under SPOTLIGHT with solid keyword selection and usage % - these are the best pages in the product for SEO IMHO...

2) Be aware that categories don't show up until you put in sub-categories (a known bug)..

3) The BLOG BLASTER is currently busted. (known bug). Everything works except the submissions to Blogger.com (kinda the most important part :D )..

9. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
  10. sri

sri Active Member

Best Answers:
    purdue512: I would like to get in.

Thanks in advance.

sri, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  11. edit

edit Active Member

Best Answers:
    My site is Icedoutwatches.net if anyone wants another example to look at, I'm still playing around with everything but feel free to take a look.

edit, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  12. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    Looks good edit. I would add a lot more to your popular box. Use keyword tools to find words or phrases relative to your niche, even if the keyword doesn't exactly bring up products that aren't exactly in your niche. Hope that made sense. Wasn't sure how to word it.

13. purdue512

Best Answers:
    PM sent. If you're in - I need the email you used for registration and your domain name.

purdue512, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  14. cleaning72

cleaning72 Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone have domains registered from mydomains.com?

i cant find dns there. and dont know how to edit dns, thanks!

cleaning72, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  15. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Team,

BLOG BLASTER BUG FIXED!!!!

I've found the problem with the BLOG BLASTER (ADMIN - under OTHER TOOLS)... I've posted several entries from my C4.us Niche Store to Blogger.com successfully.

I'd like to get a few testers who have Blogger.com accounts to do the same...

STEP 1: ADMIN \ BLOG LIBRARY ... Build your blog library. The C4.us Niche Store needs to know what blogs you have at Blogger.com

STEP 2: ADMIN \ WRITE AND BLAST ... Write an entry and then post it to the blogs you select from your library... When you do the GOOGLE authentication, be sure to click "GRANT ACCESS" ...

Please report bugs, success or enhancement suggestions.. There's been a fair amount of interest in automatic blog posting, so I'm interested to see where this goes.

Thx

16. cpufreak3

cpufreak3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, anyone using 1and1 for their domain? I don't see an option for A RECORD and only the www works. And actually, at the moment, nothing works. I have the CNAME set but it won't go to any site. Let me know

NV: I created a subdomain for www, but I don't know if I should use the same CNAME as above

cpufreak3, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  17. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Here's what I'm seeing for you:

zoneedit.com:
    No A records were found for www.technologyzero.com

network-tools.com:
    Attempt to get a DNS server for www.technologyzero.com failed: Timed out

Retrieving DNS records for technologyzero.com...

DNS servers
    slv1.1and1.com [217.160.224.4]
    c4us.compare4.us

Not exactly sure how you did that. But it seems to be forwarding technologyzero.com but NOT www.technologyzero.com...

In all the places I host DNS, there are usually two choices: MOVE NAME SERVERS and EDIT DNS ENTRIES (or something to that effect).. You want the second (EDIT DNS ENTRIES)...

After you get to that level, you usually have the option of setting up A RECORDS, which point an entire domain to an IP address (which will work for this), or manging CNAMES under a specific domain (which will also work)...

The simplest is to build an A RECORD (sometimes called a HOST) for your domain pointing to 71.191.128.20... In my case, I built an A RECORD (HOST RECORD) that pointed:

@

To:

If you are doing domain forwarding, it will likely be more complicated... But it's worth learning this stuff so you're in control of your domains...

18. jonleland

jonleland Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm chiming in as a new beta-testing affiliate of this system. Looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting my feet wet (as they say) ;)

jonleland, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  19. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Glad to have you on-board. Notice the place your C4.us Niche Store Home page to ENTER NEW SUPPORT TICKET... So far, I've been putting in the bugs / issues testers find in there myself, but our team is starting to get large - so it's probably time to start self-logging if you can... That will help us stay organized. If you don't feel like it, send them to me and I'd be happy to log them...

Cheers...

20. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    Great to have you on board jonleland! I believe this has great potential!

anarmyofme, Dec 24, 2007 IP