1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ Tracking delay...

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by tradeepak, Dec 22, 2007.

1. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    I dont promote ebay, so nothing here yet...

tradeepak, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  2. hosting.network

hosting.network Banned

Best Answers:
    views updated but no sales crap &%*(^%@&

Sales 0
    Leads 0
    Clicks 583
    Impressions 51969

this has happened many times for me this month .. may have lost 400$ with their crap tracking

hosting.network, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. swoopster

swoopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Watch Your Money!

These delays and hickups are starting to concern me. The other night about 12:15 am I had ran a report and saw my current balance. I left this page up and around 15:00 hours ran another report in a different browser window. Don't you know that my balance was different? Cool Huh? NO! The new report showed that I had lost over $200 dollars.

Contacted CJ about this and this is what the replied with:
    This could be the reason for the drop in activity. I ran a commission detail report for December and do not see any corrections, so the balance drop must be a result of the check being processed or was an error when we were running the locking script. Sometimes when the script is running and locking commissions, random amounts get added or dropped into the account by accident and then corrects itself upon completion of the script.

Random amounts get added or dropped, The hell you say.

Clearly something is a miss there at CJ so you guys should be polling reports every hour or so to make sure they are not skimming. The sad part here is that now I am not sure if they are counting all of my commissions for sales generated.

Peace
    J. Barber
    www.my-estore.net

swoopster, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  4. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that advertisers who send batch data are unaffected by the reporting delay.

Basically, certain amounts are updated while others stay cached - that's why your balance at the top of the page may not be accurate during monthly payment processing. Your commission details/transaction detail reports should always have the correct amount.

If CJ was skimming, why would the amounts show up in your account at all? As I've mentioned, I work for certain advertisers on CJ & am also a 5-bar publisher. Transaction amounts ALWAYS match between the advertisers' backends, CJ's advertiser interface, and CJ's publisher interface. CJ is NOT skimming anything, as that would be illegal, a violation of their terms with advertisers, and a violation of their terms with publishers.

If a transaction shows up in the advertiser's reports, then it shows up in the publisher's report as well. If the transaction doesn't show up in a publisher's report, that means it isn't showing up in the advertiser's report either. CJ only gets their fees (~30% of commission) if the transaction is in the report - otherwise, the advertiser doesn't pay that fee to CJ.

As I've said before, CJ has a HUGE incentive to track properly. I know that their program managers and sales departments have revenue targets to hit, and without reported transactions, they can't get their revenue. A large, publicly traded company like ValueClick isn't out to screw you, so enough with the conspiracy theories about highly illegal activity. It's getting old.

tvmatt, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  5. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Stop complaining you people. Just have patience.

tradeepak, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  6. hosting.network

hosting.network Banned

Best Answers:
    we are not telling cj is doing skimming or ilelgal things ..

its their tracking system which has gone worse in this month .. many proofs are there to prove it to you

also lot of advertisers have been changing their tracking urls in random times so as to avoid paying comisuns and save some $

hosting.network, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  7. NwS

NwS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    eBay sales seems fine although i think i might have lost some but wateva.. Thats CJ -.-

Update: I just got a 2 days old update lol wtf?! :/

NwS, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  8. dimva

dimva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not been updated for like 48 hours for me. Had to stop some campains as I cant track them.. Losing a lot of money here now beacuse of this.. FFS, CJ fix this issue now!!

dimva, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  9. air-rift

air-rift Peon

Best Answers:
    yeh this is bloody ridiculous now.. my stats havent changed since it stopped other day.. and i to am losing money. ive put everything on hold. even all my bans sites..at the time of writing this i have all my sites frozen waiting for cj to sort their act out.

one more thing. do u think this will go on over xmas? ive been with cj for over a yr and this is the 1st time ive ever noticed sumthing like this before.. i bet there is alot of unhappy merchants and affiliates.. and where are cj when u need them? u cant even ring them as they dont answer the phone. sounds like they r getting drunk, laid and so on using our money lol

air-rift, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  10. KUSHI

KUSHI Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay CJ have messed up...sales have not gone up..

KUSHI, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  11. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Grr... ! :(

12. dimva

dimva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im angry. Not even an announcement or something telling us that they working on it. Just nothing. Im losing money, and a lot of them. Going to look for another affiliate after this, but it will take long time for me as im need to change a lot of stuff. This really sucks. What a great christmas gift from CJ to it's users.. Nooooooot!

dimva, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  13. air-rift

air-rift Peon

Best Answers:
    like i said.. cj are having a xmas party.. they will not answer phones either..

air-rift, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  14. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    This is going to strike them hard. The only reason that this is happening is overconfidence on their part.

15. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you guys worried that your reporting is late, or that money is actively and purposely being appropriated from your account by CJ?? What is with all the paranoia?

LongHaul, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  16. KUSHI

KUSHI Banned

Best Answers:
    You try making money and working your ass off promoting their affiliates and later to realize they are not crediting your account....I wonder what excuse they will give for this stupid xmas outrage..

KUSHI, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  17. goatitis

goatitis Peon

Best Answers:
    my clicks seem off too

goatitis, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  18. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    quick stats are reporting clicks but no leads or sales. reporting is stalled. i carefully checked my email for a notification of a reporting delay before coming here but found nothing. a little reassurance in the form of a simple email would go a long way here. i agree, CJ is dropping the ball on this one, poor way to run a business.

pcarlow, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  19. KUSHI

KUSHI Banned

Best Answers:
    CJ are a multi million dollar corporation and the only thing I can think of is Christmas. I am really disgusted, horrified and depressed because I worked hard to promote their affiliates, spent 6-8 hours a day and realize my hard work will mean nothing.

For a good will gesture they should credit our accounts with $100 because of the time they wasted...

KUSHI, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  20. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    It's the weekend, nobody answers the phones on weekends...

What advertisers are doing this? In my experience, it takes advertisers many days to even add or change the CJ tracking pixels on their website (to add new actions), so I can pretty much assure you that no advertiser is going in during the middle of the day & removing their pixels.

That would be against their contract with CJ & they would face LARGE fines if they did intentionally do that. The contract is legally binding, so why would companies risk it?

Also, advertisers want EVERY transaction to track. If an affiliate doesn't see a good return on investment, they'll stop promoting the links - why would the advertisers want to mess with affiliates like that? Again - stop being paranoid!

I'm very annoyed with CJ at this time, but the conspiracy theories about advertisers switching links and CJ stealing money need to stop. I've never seen those issues on the advertiser side, and I've never seen those issues on the publisher side (where I'm sure my monthly commission checks are more than most of you make in a year from CJ). Anybody at my level of earning will probably agree, merchants aren't out to screw you - most of the time, they'll contact you offering more commission if you can push more sales. They want your business.

tvmatt, Dec 23, 2007 IP