1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A hosted-BANS, but better. 100% Commissions

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Dec 21, 2007.

1. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Totally correct. I should probably put that in the instructions. Put in 71.191.128.20 as the A Record as a fail safe in addition to the CNAME...

purdue512, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  2. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Done. Just waiting on replication!

anarmyofme, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Fantastic... Man, some of you guys are really fast!!! Hoping to push out C4.us Niche Store v0.1 to production in a few hours so you guys can play around and start generating bugs and questions for me...

4. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question about 'build an account'. You have a place for PID. Currently, I use PIDs on a per/website basis. When you create an account, are you limited to one site on the server? So for example, I would generate a PID for mydomain.com and add it there, but let's say I have another domain, would I need to create an entirely new account in your system?

Thanks!
    hanji

hanji, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  5. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Fantastic question.. What you see in Prod for Compare4.us today only allows for a single PID to be put in for the free Affiliate Program...

What you will see shortly when the C4.us Niche Store v0.1 code pushes out is additional info in the Affiliate Member Screen. There will be a special section for C4.us Niche Stores. You will be permitted to have multiple. And each can (and should) have it's own PID. Additionally, the CJ API requires this code be put in the product catalog search call. I'm not sure if they do any type of lookup (doubt it), but this is a best practice anyway for tracking your conversions...

Great Question.. Stay Tuned...

6. ImiLaINC

ImiLaINC Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am ready to join this network, but need some more details plz

ImiLaINC, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  7. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Great thanks. I will PM you the full pitch with the financial offer and what is expected of beta-testers over the next few weeks...

Thanks for your interest...

8. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    My site is working now so I will start just navigation testing and see how everything goes until the code is up.

Off topic: If any of you get a chance, check our purdue512's blog and article directory (it's a PR7!) Make sure you register your blog there for great exposure!

9. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks anarmyofme. If any of the beta-testers have sites they would like to be linked from our PR7 Article Directory, let me know... An extra perk I should have mentioned for participating in our launch testing....

C4.us Niche Store code is not yet in production... Coming soon...

Also - We've had one report of a connection failure. Please report any additional connection failures.. I'm not sure what the root cause of that is...

10. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    Do you need any more beta testers?

PS Received a couple of connection reset errors as well.

11. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the report. I do see a web server going up and down in the farm. I'm thinking that's the nature of the problem. I will put that on the list..

Yes, I'd like a few more testers. Have some people with interest? Send them to this thread...

12. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Following the instructions, things seem to have gone smoothly so far, and I've pm'd you accordingly.

potentmix, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  13. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks.. You're one step ahead of me...

I see your accounts. A few of the other guys are ready too. I need a few more hours before this code will be on all the production web servers and ready for testing..

Your first move will be to log into Compare4.us / Affiliates. There will be a new link for you there called "C4.us Niche Store Settings."

Start there. Set the Meta Tags (Title, Keywords and such)... I will need your PID and Amazon IDs (even if you already entered them under the regular affiliate account - I need them again on a different set of tables)...

Shortly there after, your site should go from what it is now (just a mirror of mine) to your own instance of your C4.us Niche Store...

THEN: You can start to config various things in your C4.us Niche Store... Change the Categories and Sub Categories on the main page.. Change the listings in the Hot Shop on the right. Change the listings in the What's Popular key words in the upper right...

Finally, there's a screen for RSS link inputs to help build content to your C4.us Niche Store that's relevant to your niche... I think there are bugs in there too..

We have two known issues at this point:

1) Connection Failures every now and then. I think it's a sick web server
    2) A problem with the Google Adsense code. That's not working yet, but coming soon.

14. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    "2) A problem with the Google Adsense code. That's not working yet, but coming soon."

Awesome! I forgot about adsense revenue! Another money maker!

15. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Please advise when this is ready. Thanks

potentmix, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  16. purdue512

Best Answers:
    1) Yeah, on the Adsense thing, I forgot to mention that. There is a row of Adsense ads on the top (thin links). It is my intention to allow the C4.us Niche Store owner to put in their adsense stuff there and earn from that.

2) The code has moved. I've activated two stores:

http://www.go70.com
    http://www.iphonerookie.com/

You can go there, but there's not much because they are blank templates.. And, well, that's the point.. Until these guys put something in, there won't be much to see.

I see two issues right off the bat. The RSS articles from my main site are still showing. This is not intended. The product spotlights are showing from the main site as well. I should be able to modify that quickly..

Let me know if you get in.. Also, log into the Affiliate section on Compare4.us as start setting up those meta settings...

P.S. Please remember this is beta testing. I expect issues... Help me catalog them so we can get this thing tuned up for mass distribution (and income)...

17. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    Ok guys, there appears to be a limitation in the css on the size of the title. I'm not sure of the exact number of characters, but if your title is too long, it will run into the orange menu bar. FYI

Edit: Actually it is very limited. "IPhone Comparison" would not fit into iphonerookie.com

Also, an error occurs when attempting to edit store categories.

18. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks.. A bug for sure. Our store used Compare4.us - very short.

We will lengthen... Good work...

19. anarmyofme

Best Answers:
    My store is coming along, just need to sharpen my cats and sub-cats. Right now, the Popular box and keyword box does not give me an "edit" link.

20. purdue512

Best Answers:
    That sounds like a bug - I'm seeing it on my site... I'll look into that.. Make sure you're logged in.. You won't, obviously, see those links if you're not logged in as the Admin THANKS.

Also, the third C4.us Niche Store is up and ready for beta-testing.

www.go70.com
    www.iphonerookie.com
    www.louderthanquiet.com

I've got several other people who've said "they're in" - just waiting for confirmation on the DNS...