1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Shazz, Dec 18, 2007.

It seemed like at the start to mid of 07, Should the government do more to somehow prevent some of the future breakouts? Its already been 90% believed that we are the cause of it.

Shazz, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  2. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is evidence on both sides, but an effective propaganda campaign for global warming has been going on for a few years now.

Ultimately, the governments will try to do something about it with taxes. Instead of deregulating the energy market to allow for alternatives to emerge, they will tax, subsidize their pet industries, while continuing to allow only the fuels which are currently most destructive, and profitable.

California had electric cars. They were ugly, and you couldn't buy them outright. At the end of their leases, they were confiscated and destroyed. What did Bush do? He offered tax credits for buying H2 Hummers, and no tax credits for electric vehicles. Check out the Sony Pictures documentary, "Who Killed the Electric Car?"

Nuclear is a super productive form of energy, and yet there is a moratorium on nuclear energy.

If people are looking to government to solve the energy crisis globally, to control the environment and atmosphere, they are sadly misguided. Our politicians have destroyed public education, and they are slowly destroying the economy. What makes anyone think that they will be able to save the planet from an environmental catastrophe?

Anyone concerned with global warming should do research on BOTH SIDES. Again, the big corporate money is fully behind global warming, because it's the next tax and subsidy boondoggle, but this time, it will be legislated unilaterally by the UN, making it a global scam.

guerilla, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  3. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, the government should.
    but sadly, the US is the only country which refuse to reduce their carbon production, while many countries, including Europe agreed.

As indonesian, I would say that Indonesia should keep their forest green, as long other countries including US, stop or reduce polluting the air.

bfebrian, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  4. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not bad, I like your opinion. You really typed that in 5 min of when I made the thread?
    China is getting the worst of it right now. If you have viewed some of there photos of the air over there lol.

Shazz, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seven degrees below zero Fahrenheit here this morning (-22 C.) :rolleyes:

Jim4767, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  6. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know but this is the winter time!...
    What about years to come

Shazz, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I try to be educated on the issues. Not saying I am, but I am trying.

To be honest, I haven't reached a conclusion on whether or not we are causing global warming, or if the temperature of the sun has gone up, and most of the change is in surface heat.

But that said, I don't trust government to feed the poor (why the f**k do we still have poor in America?) why would I trust it to control the weather?

I hate Ralph Nader, but he said something very smart recently on Bill Maher's show. He basically said, we need more critical thinkers in government. There is a big shortage of people with intellectual honesty in our civil service.

guerilla, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just trying to stay lighthearted concerning this topic that tends to generate near-hysteria in some circles. :)

Jim4767, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  9. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe near-hysteria is good for us, otherwise no one would listen.

bfebrian, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure glad enough of us had the common sense to ignore the near-hysteria of:

• 1971 — NASA scientists predict "new ice age coming" (didn't happen)
    • 1975 — Newsweek feature story on "Global Cooling" (didn't happen)
    • 1982 — The Jupiter Effect (totally bogus)
    • 2000 — Y2K (hardly a hiccup)
    • 2007 — Global warming. I would feel more confident in these computer climate projections if they could occasionally get next week's :eek: weather correct!

Jim4767, Dec 19, 2007 IP
    d16man likes this.
  11. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    duh, I only live through the Y2K, and was involved in migration where most of our customer are in banking system, specially in as/400 where the mostly the year field only 2 digits.
    before y2k the field for date in as/400 only 6 digits, now 7 digits.

maybe just a hiccup, but what if no body care? what if the year field still 2 digits?

I rather to withdraw all of my money (if any :p) from the banks and save it my piggy bank.

bfebrian, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  12. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    It's 10 degrees fahrenheit here today. So the global warming doesn't always work right.

Lexiseek, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  13. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. This lack of real change is why I think it is a scam. Many issues, for example what you eat, can be complicated and there are interests on many sides selling you something. In this case, it is hard to get the truth (assuming someone knows it), but they all (enviormentalists, governments, etc.) seem to be agreeing now about the need for more control over our lives. Even if there are people who truely care about this, the powerful who can actually make something happen will use it for control.

I remember clearly being told about receeding glacers and ice ages when I was a kid. Which should make you ask, "well, if there is an ice age, what about the opposite?" What about solar phonomena for that matter.

Again, just look at their solution: more taxes, i.e., more control. This looks a lot like the cold war fear mongering or "the terrorists are coming" fear mongering they do so well.

Briant, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, another war.

War on Global Warming

War on Illiteracy

War on Drugs

War on Iraq

War against Terror​

Does anyone know exactly what the victory conditions are for these "endless" wars?

guerilla, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  15. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Trebek:

What is Tyranny.

Cyrus255, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  16. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Global Warming is going to eventually be seen as the biggest scam in the history of the world.

d16man, Dec 19, 2007 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  17. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you think that individuals are the cause of the "global warming" problem and the government is going to "solve" it, you could not be more mistaken. it's actually the other way around, the government is the cause of any global warming and they have the technology to control the weather.

google chemtrails and haarp. no those friendly white chemical trails in the sky you see often aren't caused by me..

and the reason they're there is because we're part of the UN. the great thing about all of this is that it has been documented, is true and is no longer a conspiracy.

ncz_nate, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  18. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Pentagon and military consumes most of the world's oil. Anyone concerned about global warming, should be concerned about militarism or military activity.

guerilla, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  19. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is probably the only thing that me and you will agree on, ever. :D

AGS, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  20. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your wrong. Your wrong!

Shazz, Dec 19, 2007 IP