1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpLD and phpLB which one?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by CypherHackz, Dec 12, 2007.

i want to setup a directory and at the same time want to generate more incomes from it. as far as i know there are two best directory scripts available, which is phpLD and phpLB.

my question is, which one is better? both of them can be setup to accept payment. and i know phpLB is a bidding script but it can also be used as directory. so i hope with your experience and knowledge in handling web directory can help me to choose which one.

thank you. ;)

-cypher.

CypherHackz, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you want a bid directory, phpLB is the one for you. Otherwise go with phpLD.

If you're not bothered about the bid concept, phpLB is useless.

mikey1090, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  3. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Both are different one.

If you want to setup bidding directory then phpLB is best one as its new v1.4 already released and btw it has only paid version available.

If you want to setup normal link directory then go with phpLD as it has free version and paid version both.

deluxdon, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  4. CypherHackz

CypherHackz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup. i dont mind with the bid concept but it can make more incomes if peoples bid and bid and bid to get at the top. that is what i am thinking. :D thanks.

but i will more prefer to choose the paid version because usually paid version will has more features and more supports. :) thanks.

-cypher.

CypherHackz, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  5. Overclock099

Overclock099 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello friend.. You are great designer (i know).. Prefer you run with phpld than phplb.. trust me.>:)

Overclock099, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  6. CypherHackz

Best Answers:
    who? me? ha3. thanks dude. yeah, i just bought phpld. now testing it on my localhost to familiar with it. thanks for the recommendation. :)

-cypher.

CypherHackz, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  7. dynn

dynn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cypherhackz...good luck with your directory project.

dynn, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  8. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are starting out and as someone who has invested heavily in both phpLD and phpLB, I advise you to start with phpLD first to "learn the ropes", so to speak. Later you can try out phpLB if the bid concept interests you a lot.

Ibn Juferi, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  9. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Thats great. At the end you have bought phpLD. Kindly share your directory url with us once ready. BTW use your own designed theme there as you are a good designer (Overclock099 said) ;) Best of Luck with first Directory (PhpLD).

deluxdon, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  10. izeaus

izeaus Banned

Best Answers:
    Share your URL when your Directory is ready so that we can submit our URL's in your DIRectory LOL

izeaus, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  11. CypherHackz

Best Answers:
    thanks buddy. hope my first directory project will success. :D

cool! thanks for the recommendation. i have bought phpLD. hope i can start running my own directory as soon as possible. ;)

ha3. yes. i have bought phpld. now testing it on localhost. i was thinking to create my own theme but first need to know how phpld theme is constructed. then i can start designing and coding my own.

lol... ok2. no problem. will update this thread once i have setup the directory online. and thanks for the support. ;)

-cypher.

12. swapnil90

swapnil90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful with bid directories now because Google is going harder at them. PHPLD is a risky but comparatively safer option.

swapnil90, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  13. CypherHackz

Best Answers:
    sure. thanks for your advice. i hope google will not slap down directories like what they did to blogs and websites. :)

-cypher.

14. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Swapnil, I think that the fate of the Bidding directories will be decided with the upcoming Google PageRank update, still then really cannot comment on that.

Red_Virus, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  15. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    It truly depends on if you violate the ToS they have; similiar discussions have been brought up the recent couple of months and I think you could learn by browsing through the recent discussions regarding this matter.

Meti

WatchOut, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  16. Overclock099

Overclock099 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The most important part to run a success directory is have a great design.. This is what i see..

Overclock099, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  17. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    I disagree, whilst I think design is a very important factor, I have to say there are lots of other important factors that you should keep in mind.

For example, lets take Content; I am sure that you are aware that content is one of the most important factors, not to mention most directories lack content, therefore lots of them are not even worth submitting to.

It isin't as easy as having a design, lots of things you need to consider and improve in order to gain a high established web directory.

Meti

WatchOut, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  18. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:

I agree - there are many factors to creating a quality directory - It takes a committment to providing a quality resource in my opinion. Which entails a lot.

Not an attitude to sit back and wait for the submissions to roll in.

swedal, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  19. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i wish you luck in not getting any submission and hope that your directory dies off before it starts.

First i dont like your reasons to start a directory "which one is going to get me the most money" while i can understand everyone needs money but there are 1000 other directories that offer the same exact thing and you are new in the area ... why should we submit to you when we can just submit to the other 1000 who are a year old with good ranks ??

It is not as easy to make money with directories then you might think because to run a quality directory requires heavy investment and you are not going to make money unless you have quality.

If you are looking for an easy way to make money, i would advise you to get a gun and rob houses in dark and shoot whoever tries to stop you.. Much easier only requires 6 hour course on how to use a gun. Directories are a big commitment that you should make yourself that you will edit every day 6 hours ... and will add new stuff to make it a quality resource rather than have it a boring ass crap which is just full with links in the web directory section.

-syed

smub, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  20. CypherHackz

Best Answers:
    i have make my own theme for my phpld. it is difficult for the first time. but i hope i can master it and can be phpld theme coder too. :D

ha3. i am not realy interested in making money with directory. i have earned a lot from my websites if you want to know. but it cannot make me rich though but atleast i can buy something with my own money.

the directory that i make is just for learning new things on how to setup directory, manage it, build themes, and at the same time i can make it as side-incomes. beside, i have manage to make my own theme for my directory. it is the first time i make theme for phpld. if i didn't setup directory, will i able to learn how to make theme by my own? next step, i will learn on how to make mod for phpld.

anyway, thanks for you reply. :)

-cypher.

CypherHackz, Dec 15, 2007 IP